Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinejewunit
A Real OG
Male

Loc: Syracuse, NY/Columbus, OHf
A rant
    #8521 - 04/22/08 01:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I think this is most appropriately posted here.

I have a problem with the majority of groups that are working towards decriminalization/legalization because of the people that run them and/or make up the members. For example the SSDP (Students for Sensible Drug Policy) at OSU is run by someone who is clearly a huge smoker. Most of the members are open about smoking. I have no problem with this, but it seems these people lack the inability to keep their hobbies separate from their groups. SSDP here is very open about smoking before/after events, and when I see them form marches they are both to small in nature to be effective and extremely unprofessional looking.

Going to marches or other gatherings blitzed out of your mind dressed like a hippie isn't going to accomplish anything. I think the thought process behind it is "Well we'll show people we can be high and hippie-ish but still be peaceful and reasonable citizens." This may work on the rare occasion (see the news releases about this past 4/20 in CO with a turn out of 10,000 smokers with no arrests), but to the average person it's just more reason to NOT support legalization.

Is it really that hard to stay sober for a few hours a day? Can't people, for once, treat these things professionally? As much as it may pain you, you DO have to put on a front to accomplish some things in life, and this is certainly one. All I ask is people be professional, and sober, when in the public eye. Unless, of course, you don't actually want to accomplish anything, you just want to have fun and act like you're trying to instigate change to look cool.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledfernandez90
 User Gallery

Re: A rant [Re: jewunit]
    #11207 - 04/23/08 10:43 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I see what you are saying, makes sense too. Nobody takes you seriously if you look like a fool.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: A rant [Re: dfernandez90]
    #11229 - 04/23/08 10:56 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I fully agree. When you go to these rallies and marches and other public gatherings to promote cannabis you have to keep a vigilant eye out for those people that are behaving uncivilized. But yeah, these gatherings aren't for a mass smoke out.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #11278 - 04/23/08 11:13 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

You need MPP. :spliff:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinejewunit
A Real OG
Male

Re: A rant [Re: geokills]
    #11422 - 04/24/08 12:31 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

I've already donated.

OfflinegeokillsA
······· º¿° ·······
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #11734 - 04/24/08 04:58 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Donate again! :yesnod:

--------------------
Do Your Part!

--------------------

Offlinejewunit
A Real OG
Male

Re: A rant [Re: geokills]
    #12365 - 04/25/08 01:10 AM (15 years, 11 months ago)

MAPS gets my next psychedelic cash flow.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #13064 - 04/25/08 09:48 PM (15 years, 10 months ago)

YEA FOR MAPS!!!  Progression through research.  :laugh:

click on my eyes.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Edited by FurrowedBrow (02/26/09 07:03 PM)

Offlinerodfarva

Loc: Sobe
    #13397 - 04/26/08 06:37 AM (15 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

jewunit said:
I think this is most appropriately posted here.

I have a problem with the majority of groups that are working towards decriminalization/legalization because of the people that run them and/or make up the members. For example the SSDP (Students for Sensible Drug Policy) at OSU is run by someone who is clearly a huge smoker. Most of the members are open about smoking. I have no problem with this, but it seems these people lack the inability to keep their hobbies separate from their groups. SSDP here is very open about smoking before/after events, and when I see them form marches they are both to small in nature to be effective and extremely unprofessional looking.

Going to marches or other gatherings blitzed out of your mind dressed like a hippie isn't going to accomplish anything. I think the thought process behind it is "Well we'll show people we can be high and hippie-ish but still be peaceful and reasonable citizens." This may work on the rare occasion (see the news releases about this past 4/20 in CO with a turn out of 10,000 smokers with no arrests), but to the average person it's just more reason to NOT support legalization.

Is it really that hard to stay sober for a few hours a day? Can't people, for once, treat these things professionally? As much as it may pain you, you DO have to put on a front to accomplish some things in life, and this is certainly one. All I ask is people be professional, and sober, when in the public eye. Unless, of course, you don't actually want to accomplish anything, you just want to have fun and act like you're trying to instigate change to look cool.

I agree, i just outlined a similar objection here.

--------------------

Offlineoxalic32
Male
    #59418 - 06/17/08 01:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Professional or not i don't think marches will do much.

Offlineblunt master
up in smoke
Male

Loc: NY
Re: A rant [Re: oxalic32]
    #59899 - 06/18/08 09:30 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

oxalic32 said:
Professional or not i don't think marches will do much.

yeah but it will still do a little more if they're at least professional looking, not just a bunch of stoners walking down the street

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
Re: A rant [Re: blunt master]
    #59957 - 06/18/08 11:01 AM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i went to a rally out in Los Angeles on 4/20. It was in the shittiest area of los angeles, like deep past the Mexican area into the heart of the black area. I don't mean that in a racist way, but if you know anything about LA you know what I'm talking about, its the gangster side of town. And just those kinds of people showed up to the rally smoking weed publicly, turning it into an illegal party.

I'm a card holder, I actually smoke for my medical condition and in Los Angeles that goes a long way. Police even let you smoke in public without hassling you. But since the day I've had my card til now, I have not once abused that privilege and I only smoke in the privacy of my own home with an incense running. That's how discreet everyone should be. We cannot fight our cause while stoned. It'll just make them more right. Show them its not addictive, show them that not everyone who smokes isn't a dirty, lazy, hippie, but instead a professional, clean, well groomed hippie.

The reason this plant is still illegal is because the average person associates it with illegal things such as, stealing, cocaine, heroin, murder, rape, etc. and the only reason they associate to those things, is because they all have one thing in common. They're illegal. so the fact that it's illegal is keeping it illegal. And it's our job to disassociate marijuana from the list of illegal things. We shouldn't support kids who do it in junior high school to be cool, we shouldn't support rappers and gangsters who smoke it and treat it taboo, we shouldn't support junkies that just want to get high off anything, we need class and prestige. I can't convince those other people to not smoke marijuana, but we can all just treat it with a little more respect and start speaking more highly of it (no pun intended). We don't inhale aerosal if we're out of weed, We don't steal money to buy more, we don't get high and sit home all our life and not accomplish anything.

I personally think the first thing to do is to find a way to pass a law that will not allow rehab centers to admit patients who only smoke weed. That only furthers the stereotype that it should be considered a drug. It's not addictive. We know this through science. Rehab centers just want your money so they deceive you. Anybody following me?

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: A rant [Re: blunt master]
    #60161 - 06/18/08 03:38 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I suppose. But what does marching really accomplish? They aren't big enough to get attention and marching isn't how you legalize marijuana. Legalizing marijuana is about changing legislature and playing politics. If everyone just had to agree marijuana should be legal or just had to march it would be legal. Its not a positive way to look at it, but i'm trying to be realistic. Think about how long we've been marching and how far its gone.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#60195 - 06/18/08 04:18 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

i absolutely agree and the bigger this website gets I think the more we can do as a team.

Offlineoxalic32
Male
Re: A rant [Re: Butters]
    #60484 - 06/18/08 08:59 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, it would really take a giant march to get it legalized. Slowly people are going more and more towards it. I've spoke to my mother about it quite a bit. Th e only thing she has against it, is that its illegal. Can't wait for decriminalization and or legalization. Its crazy people think they live in a free country when they can't grow a harmless plant because of a bunch of other people not wanting them to.

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

#60524 - 06/18/08 09:34 PM (15 years, 9 months ago)

I don't mean just a march, Laguna beach just outlawed medical dispensaries. They are having a city counsel meeting in September to vote for it. These are the things we need to show up to and voice our opinions. This law just passed 5 - 0. Zero people on our side. If we can go and make a reasonable argument and change one person's mind, even just one, then we've made a difference.

OfflineLucas
Male

Loc: Michigan
Re: A rant [Re: Butters]
    #184138 - 01/18/09 08:42 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

How is sitting in your house smoking with a Innocent making it more classy and prestigious? If anything it makes it seem worse because your afraid to do it openly, even though your in a situation where you can.

--------------------
It's called 'Moonajuana', shiz will fluff you up!

InvisibleButters
what what in the butt
Male User Gallery

Re: A rant [Re: Lucas]
    #200269 - 02/26/09 03:48 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Lucas said:
How is sitting in your house smoking with a Innocent making it more classy and prestigious? If anything it makes it seem worse because your afraid to do it openly, even though your in a situation where you can.

That's all you took away from what I said? Who's side are you on?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals