Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

HERMIE Bonanza! 400w Winter Experiment (8 weeks flower, DONE!)
    #590234 - 10/04/11 10:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

So my buddy mentioned that he had some seeds in conversation a few weeks ago. I was just growing out some seedlings that stalled and fucked me all around and just kinda got me bitter on growing right now. It was completely my own fault for using shitty reused soil, but thats neither here nor there.

So anyway, I guess he got a bag of herb from his cousin that was "real shredded and bad", but full of seeds. According to him, he had to "chew some up" to see if it was actually weed and not catnip :lol:

We smoked a BIG doobie of it (over an 8th prolly) and got decently baked. Definitely some kind of indica which is what I'm after anyway.

Time to have fun with some real unstable phenos :tongue2:

I soaked the seeds overnight, as well as some rockwool. Picked out the best ones and put them in the cubes this morning. We'll see whats peeking out in the next week or two and choose the keepers. Put the best 26 in cubes with a few more still in the paper towels. I'll grow whatever pops. I'm figuring about 1/2 of these are male anyway.

Or, I'll keep them all and flower them fast and do some kinda SOG thing. Prolly going to give hempy a try this time around...it seems so simple. I guess we'll see. Not so sure what direction I'm gonna take this, or if they'll grow at all. TIME WILL TELL :sun:

Edited by A To The K (01/04/12 09:21 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Bagseed Bonanza! Hempy? SOG? I dono yet! [Re: A To The K]
    #590235 - 10/04/11 10:05 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Love bagseed grows, its like a lucky dip!

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Bagseed Bonanza! Hempy? SOG? I dono yet! [Re: T-Rex]
    #590958 - 10/07/11 08:34 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

3 days later, I have at least 2 seedlings popping out. I heard its good to let them sit in the dark/warmth for a few days, so I gave that a try and didn't put them under the lights until sometime yesterday.

I've decided to go about this more scientifically. I just gave it a second look, and there are more seeds popping out of the cubes. I've rearranged them according to how they've popped (by size). I'll check again tonight, since they grow so fast at this stage.

I've always said males seem to grow faster, so lets see how true that is. We'll also see if the first plant out of the cube is the best in the end.

Edited by A To The K (10/07/11 10:14 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

it begins. [Re: A To The K]
    #591809 - 10/12/11 04:35 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK. Its been a week and I couldn't find any decent perilite within 50 miles of my house, so I found some emergency coir to use (thanks for those offering to help, I found some!).

Heres a picture of them in order of who popped out first.

Heres this one seedling who was twisty and crazy haha. It wasn't just zig-zagged, it was literally curly - the stem spins around 360 degrees about 3 times.

I fucked up on how I numbered them actually, I didn't use 2 of the ones pictured, I'll try to renumber them now.

Notes on each one:

1. Small nute burn
2. Nice roots!
3. Sativa looking leaf
4. Nice roots! Very little stretch!*
5. Smallish. Took a while to get out of shell
6. Nice looking leaf
7. Small
8. Nice looking roots, sativa-y
9. Nice leaf
10. Stunted, didn't use
11. Stunted, didn't use
12/10. Nice!
13/11. Bendy lol (kept as more of a joke)
14/12. "Its cute, keep it." (:lol:)

Lol so what I did originally was make notes on ALL of them, but I forgot to number the cups accordingly...at any rate, I'm left with 12 cups, hence the /, and they will from now on be numbers 1-12. Sorry to be so confusing, this is part is more for ME to remember than for me to tell all you guys how its going lol.

So my plan is to flower them by groups of 4 every 2 weeks. 2 weeks from now, I'm gonna flower 8-12, 2 weeks later 4 more, 2 weeks later 4 more. In a SOG under my 400w HPS.

Sorry, just getting all my ideas down so I don't forget them lol.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #592793 - 10/19/11 11:04 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I have made a thread here:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/592792

I need some help. :sad: I hate failing. So frustrated.

If you have help to offer, please put it in the thread I linked to there ^, as this is the journal. If I can fix them I kinda want it to be just about the grow. Thanks.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #592798 - 10/19/11 11:30 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Going to be keeping an eye on this one. Cant wait. Hope you get this problem solved. I'm a newbe otherwise I'd offer up help.

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Goddamnit. [Re: wire5]
    #593283 - 10/21/11 12:02 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

OK, I haven't completely lost hope. After the other days light feeding and rewatering, the plants stopped doing the curl-down thing which makes me feel loads better.

They ARE pretty yellow though, but now that I know my pH was about a whole digit too high, I'm hoping I can fix them up. I gave them a little drizzle of some lower pH'd water...heres to hoping they green up and fix themselves.

On a side note, the pH of my tap water is fucking ridiculously high. It took almost a whole dropper full of pH down to lower it to where I wanted. For just a gallon...the 2 gallon container took even more of course :uhoh:

Edit: Keeping the "notes" list thing in my journal to not crowd this up. Just did notes on week 2, typing them up now.

Offlinephrostbyte
Hydro Grower

Re: Goddamnit. [Re: A To The K]
    #593298 - 10/21/11 01:23 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
On a side note, the pH of my tap water is fucking ridiculously high. 

I feel ya man.  Mines at like 7.8 :eek:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Recovery! [Re: phrostbyte]
    #594193 - 10/26/11 10:06 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I can't believe it was something as stupid as me just fucking up the pH that was really messing with these poor plants lol, but that was it.

They're starting to recover nicely. I've given 1-6 a light feeding of Grow Big, 7-12 are getting the veg nutes from "Hydroponix". I guess they changed their name to X Nutrients http://www.xnutrients.com/ :shrug:

Been watering every few days, and switching them 1-12 to 12-1 every few days so they get more even lighting.

This one had pretty sativa looking leafs to me, number 3. Its one of the nicer plants, but I'm after an indica, so if it comes out sativa I won't be choosing it to save.

Additional notes on the others growth rates and status in my journal.

Edited by A To The K (11/01/11 10:53 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Recovery! [Re: A To The K]
    #594982 - 11/01/11 10:51 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Too difficult to get a top view of them all.

I had actually forgotten that I took a picture of plant 3 last week. It must have been good then too.

This Saturday I'm making the long haul to the only local hydro store and picking up some more coir. I'll repot them into half gallons this Saturday. That cabinet will only hold maybe 8 or so half gallon pots, so I'm going to have to flower some of the weaker looking plants right away. So I guess next week will mark the first flowering of my staggered harvest.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Recovery! [Re: A To The K]
    #594983 - 11/01/11 10:58 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

BTW, I've been watering these with a feed/feed/water schedule, every two days. I water until runoff with a half pint of water per plant, whatever that equals out to.

They could probably go longer without water,  but since "you can't over water coir", I've just been doing what felt right.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

SEX. [Re: A To The K]
    #595492 - 11/03/11 11:23 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

OK, I didn't mention that I had another seedling I just put in 12/12 for the fuck of it, since it was already in the rockwool and I had a little leftover coir. Actually, I had a few, but the others didn't do so well.

Here is Shadynasty (:hatsoff: Always Sunny) I usually name my plants after their done so I can keep their pictures in order, but whatever.

Shes been under 12/12 for 21 days now, and I can see her first hairs starting up. Yeah, shes stretched like crazy, but whatever. It was just gonna be in the garbage, so anything I get from it is good.

Oddly enough, she never got burned :confused: Even though I never (see: NEVER) check the pH of my soil water, and I was just giving her full strength flower nutes at like 2 weeks old, she pulled through and stayed greener than the other girls I poisoned with the other water :lol: Thats weed for ya I guess. :shrug:

Anyway, I'm leaving this in the solo cup and letting her finish up. She'll be a week of flowering ahead of the other girls I put in this Saturday (I count this as week 1) so hopefully it'll give me a little idea of what to expect from these other girls as far as harvest time and whathaveyou.

Also, from now on, I'll just update her into these posts with the other girls.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: SEX. [Re: A To The K]
    #595907 - 11/06/11 07:37 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

I picked up some CalMag+ yesterday when I was getting my coir bricks. I did a slight miscalculation and only got enough coir for 10.5 repots, so I just kept 2 in their original solo cups. Once they are sexed I can probably switch them out if need be. Not optimal, I know, but oh well.

Also got a nice big bag of Ocean Forest...we'll see whats up next :wink:

Edited by A To The K (11/08/11 09:42 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#596170 - 11/08/11 09:49 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Scrapped original plan and flowered all 12. Its too much bother to mix up veg and bloom and tap water and keep in mind which ones got flushed and when and who to feed what. If they were all feminized seeds, I probably could have stuck to the plan. But since I have no idea, I'm passing on that and just flipping all 12.

It is now 3 days after the transplant. I gave the girls a medium flushing for the past few days to wash out any leftover veg nutes and get them started on flowering. Flower feeding will start in 2 days on Thursday.

I didn't take a group shot this week since they are about to get weeded out anyway (pun intended). I did take a picture of the "best" and "worst" two. Further notes on that will be posted in my journal shortly.

The "worst" plant - number 7. Actually, number one is what I'd consider the worst, but she looks better today. #1 is very sensitive to pH. The others are sensitive, but this one is VERY. This is number 7, and just represents the most underwhelming growth of all the plants.

This is the "best". I am assuming this is a male - along with 3, 6, and 9. Generally in my experience, the fastest growers are males. If this (or any of the others listed above) turns out to be a female, I'm immediately going to reveg it and save it for clones, because the growth is nothing short of explosive. Should it (they) turn out to be males, I'll be going back through my weekly notes to pick a worthy father.

And, last but not least, we have - SHADYNASTY - ! Hahaha. I gave her a feeding today rather than a flush, since I've been flushing my other plant in flower shes been getting flushed too (didn't bother mixing up nutes for her). Oddly enough, I noticed that her calyxes have multiple hairs coming out from each one...is that special? Maybe they all do it, but its the first I've noticed it.

Edited by A To The K (11/14/11 09:25 AM)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
    #596207 - 11/08/11 02:03 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

:popcorn:

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: SEX. [Re: magick81]
    #596213 - 11/08/11 02:13 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Nice to know some people are following me. Thanks for the comment.

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #596320 - 11/09/11 04:36 PM (12 years, 4 months ago)

looking like things are doing good now:bigblunt:

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

:awesex: (so far so good) [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #596558 - 11/11/11 09:26 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Yep, mad recovery from a stupid mistake. :rocket:

So anyway, this morning I took a quick peek in the room and noticed some of the plants were already sexed - 5 days is record time for me. I was thinking at least 2 weeks.

I'll start counting flowering weeks when all the plants are sexed.

2, 5, 10 and 11 were sexed today. 2, 10 and 11 were all females :crazy2: Since 5 was a very underwhelming plant, I offed him and repotted 2 into 5. So 5 is 2 now since 2 was a solo cup.

I assume the other ones are still behind because the repotting slowed them a little bit. The solo cup girls were already switched yesterday I bet.

So thats 4 plants counting Shadynasty. Pic updates come Tuesday or Wednesday of females and the keeper male :thumbup:

Edited by A To The K (11/11/11 09:32 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

more sex, pic of original joint haha [Re: A To The K]
    #596681 - 11/12/11 08:48 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

7 is a definite female this morning. 12 is a definite male. I really needed room so I offed 12, although he probably would have been a very good daddy. I raised the plants up about 18 inches since I can't lower the light. I had to ghetto construct a platform for them lol.

I fell down reaching and knocked over number 5. Nothing too terrible, but she did fall down :sad: I hurt my knee last weekend and it just kinda buckled out. Fuck.

I wouldn't be bumping this but first off I'm excited, and second I found a picture of the original doobie we smoked of this bud. Like I said, it was very low quality looking and smelling, but we did get pretty high from it (this between 2 of us lol)

Offlinemagick81
Padawan grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: Narnia Flag
Re: more sex, pic of original joint haha [Re: A To The K]
    #596682 - 11/12/11 08:55 AM (12 years, 4 months ago)

Low quality smell and look may be attributed to poor drying and curing method maybe?
If you take the time to dry and cure it the proper way, it might smell and taste better.

--------------------
In the human brain, the hypothalamus controls the four f's:
1. Fighting 2. Fleeing 3. Feeding and ...4. Mating

My Current Grow. Killing Fields & Heavy Duty Fruity!!!
My Grow Journal. First Grow EVER!!!!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds