Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Secret Jardin 240w space question
    #593833 - 10/24/11 05:50 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I bought these 4x8x6.58' tents expecting to use 2 of them in a room last year it turned out that the room was a bit too small to set them up since you need to pull the tent fabric over the frame. Can anyone make an educated guess on what the minimal amount of space to set these up would be? Better yet has anyone set up two tents in a smallish room? I forgot the exact dimensions of the room I tried setting them up in but I believe it was about 12x12'.

I'm looking for a new place and hopefully will have these both next to each other. I imagine 15 feet would be enough room to get them both set up side by side.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDataM
That Guy
Male

Loc: Southwestern US Flag
Re: Secret Jardin 240w space question [Re: maryanne3087]
    #594252 - 10/26/11 06:08 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

2 or 3 years ago I managed to set up 2 tents (80cm x 80cm footprint, or about 2.5ft x 2.5ft x 4ft) in a 30in x 84in closet with shelving at about 4.5ft up...I had roughly 2 feet of space b/w the two tents and oriented them so that the zippered "doors" faced each other. I had all of the ducting and fan system running along the shelving. due to the shelving supports and whatnot I had to set them up inside the closet. It was an undertaking, nearly 2 hours of sweating, bitching, and gnashing of teeth...but I finally did it.

IMO the key is to put the frame together, then figure out how the tent fabric should lay such that you can slide the whole tent fabric thingy over top of the frame and back behind it (by behind i mean the side opposite from the "door" which should be the easiest side to access). Then slide the bottom of the tent under the frame, secure the bottom corners around the bottom of the frame, then flop the top of the tent over the top of the frame and secure the top corners of the frame inside the top section of tent...from here you may need a lamp or flashlight, because you need to get inside of the tent and slowly wrap the sides around the frame while tucking in any light-blocking "zipper flaps" and zipping up the side zippers. IMO the top zippers are the easiest to do first, since once they are zipped the bottom is easy to line up. When zipping the top zippers its generally a good idea to just zip up to the front corners and stop, then get the bottom zippers to the same point, then proceed with zipping around to the front and then you are all set up! ^_^

its a bitch to set those things up in a room that's just big enough to hold them, but it is possible, I hope this will help ^_^ peace.

--------------------
“The Universe is under no obligation to make sense to you” -NDT

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Secret Jardin 240w space question [Re: Data]
    #594362 - 10/27/11 08:03 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe I gave up to soon when trying to set them up in the small room that was 12x12 or so.

Offlinewire5
Awesome Possum

Loc: "The sticks"
Re: Secret Jardin 240w space question [Re: maryanne3087]
    #594375 - 10/27/11 11:29 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

You should have no problem setting it up in a room that size. I think you gave up too soon. That room is the size of my living room and I've set my camping tent up in it (10 foot long poles; 3 man tent).

--------------------
In order to grow good weed you need to be part carpenter, electrician, plumber, biologist, geneticist, chemist, and very willing to get dirty.

I've been working with power tools since I was 8, my dad is an electrical engineer who owned a 280 gal fish tank, and I studied biology with a specialty in genetics. Getting dirty comes naturally. I think my parents inadvertently trained me to be a weed grower.

See what you think on my first try.

Jump to top Pages: 1