Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Late Outdoor Autos 2011 (smoke report, and all done :D ! ) * 1
    #580187 - 08/22/11 04:49 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I was holding off posting this because I wasn't sure if I'd get any females.

Anyway, I popped 5 seeds about 3-4 weeks ago. I went to a family members house and saw that they had a plant growing, so I asked if they minded if I put a few out. I started them indoors 12/12 of CFL lighting. 4 of 5 grew. I've been checking every Monday for the past few weeks to see if they were sexed. They've been outside a few weeks.

Well, today I saw a perfect ratio of 2 males, 2 females. Unfortunately the males had gone pretty far...had some real big flowers, although I didn't see any broken open...it still made me very nervous.

All is not lost, because the males were autoflowering, I broke the end off of one and flipped it upside down hanging over a baggy...hopefully I'll get some nice autoflower pollen!

Heres the 2 females, A and B.

A is looking real nice, with lots of branching going on.

B is significantly smaller, and I had to look twice to notice her female parts. She was small right from the seed. If I were breeding, she'd have been picked with the males, but I'm just looking for some smoke.

I figure these will go right up through September and into October. Most people I know who do outdoor here harvest on Halloween, so I'm gonna hope for that. I started them late, but thanks to autoflower genetics, I should be able to get a fully mature plant just in time. :thumbup:

Diesel Ryder btw.

Edited by A To The K (09/30/11 03:12 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
Re: Late Outdoor Autos 2011 [Re: A To The K]
    #580189 - 08/22/11 04:50 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Right on :popcorn:

--------------------

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Late Outdoor Autos 2011 [Re: T-Rex]
    #582426 - 08/31/11 10:49 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Awwwwwwwwwright. Went to check on my girls this morning. Gave them a good feeding of some Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom, a little snowstorm ultra from the old bottle (smells kinda funky, hope it doesn't kill them...)

A is looking good this week still.

I was surprised how bulked up the calyx at the node was. Those are always the biggest, but this was quite a change in just one week. Maybe because I'm not used to outdoor growing? Or theres a seed in there...its OK. I'm def.gonna do some autos outdoors next year!

Getting frosty already...

Girl B. Still small, but whatever. I might give this one to my cousin...hes helped me out a lot and is letting me use his house. His plant isn't sexed yet so I know its not gonna finish. He doesn't get the whole 12/12 thing...I'll just take the trim from it :evil:

With the temps dipping down into the lower 50's at night, maybe I'll get to see some purpling before we're done here :eek:

These are supposed to be 65 days seed to harvest, but does anyone know aprox. how many days of that are flowering? I thought 45 (20 "veg")? That means it should finish up mid-October at the lastest. Whew. I was a little worried there.

Now my biggest concern will be driving the harvest home in my car :uhoh: Maybe I'll ride a bicycle...

OfflineEl zorro
Stranger
Re: Late Outdoor Autos 2011 [Re: A To The K] * 1
    #582500 - 08/31/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

A To The K said:
Now my biggest concern will be driving the harvest home in my car :uhoh: Maybe I'll ride a bicycle...

Man, don't take this the wrong way (I'm on your side)
It's just saddens me to disgust when people have to be afraid of possessing an herb, any herb or plant.

We need to come to a peaceful end to this nonsense.

Sorry,
Good luck with your grow. They look good.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Late Outdoor Autos 2011 [Re: El zorro]
    #582754 - 09/01/11 12:51 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Its alright. I agree 100%. But unfortunately thats how it is...we just have to push on and not let them stop us I suppose.

And thanks for the compliment :grin:

InvisibleMuggles

Re: Late Outdoor Autos 2011 [Re: A To The K]
    #582804 - 09/01/11 05:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

:popcorn:

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Hooboy, really starting now! [Re: Muggles]
    #584018 - 09/06/11 10:59 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I love this thing were I'm not able to see the plants for a week. Its only a 10 minute drive, but I don't make it more than once a week...so its equally as surprising to me as it is to you :lol:

I can't believe how well these are growing. The soil is mostly Roots Organic with a bit of coir mixed in to top them off. I haven't really fed them more than once or twice. It has been raining too much for me to manually water them, so I've been missing out on feeding them. They got some Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom and Snowstorm last week when I took the pictures. I'm hoping the fucking rain stops so I can feed once more, and then I'll finish up with just molasses and snowstorm until they're ready for harvest.

Heres lady A - thickening up nicely and getting nice and frosty -

And lady B, starting to fill out properly and getting her frost. She appears to be a week younger, but she was just small from the start.

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Its right around this time I always start to get excited :lol: It turns out my cousins plant is a female afterall, so I don't need to give him my smaller girl. I'll still throw him a bit of herb from it for letting me use his property, but less than I would have. Or I'll be nice and give it to him. Probably that. :wink:

Next weeks update will probably be on Wednesday. I only did Tuesday this week because its supposed to rain all week except today.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: Hooboy, really starting now! [Re: A To The K]
    #585994 - 09/13/11 12:43 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

OK, I'll be honest...at this point I'm not sure which of the top shots are which, but I know the zooms. Edit: I can now tell, because girl B is the one who is *just* starting to purple up in here.

So, lets get to it... :cool:

Girl A:

Girl B:

:awehigh:

Edited by A To The K (09/19/11 02:24 PM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#587417 - 09/19/11 02:30 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, I was driving past my cousins house today anyway, so I figured I'd grab my camera and do it to it while I was right there.

I was reviewing (aka wanting to smoke) my pictures from last week and noticed some darkening of the leaves...I wasn't sure if it was some kind of nute problem or some purple action starting up...and I got my answer this week. It looks like with the cold temps, the smaller girl has really started to purple up :cool: Thats so cool for me, because I've never had one really do it before, so it feels special :lol:

Heres something I haven't done. Both girls A and B side by side. Small, yes, but this is about how big I was expecting them to get (especially 12/12 from seed):

Girl A:

Girl B:

Ahhhhhhhh! :awehigh:

So stoked. Probably looking at harvest in the first or second week of October...not too much longer now! (2 weeks from now)

One last note - I had read in multiple reviews of this strain that they smelled real strong and you would "NEED ODOR CONTROL". I wasn't buying it until this week. When I sat down with the girls, I knew damn well I'd need some kind of odor control if they were inside. It was pretty intense.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

#588393 - 09/24/11 08:14 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

These might come down today. If I can make the trip up to my spot, I'm gonna bring the scope and check 'em out. It has been raining for 2 days and is probably going to rain for the next 4.

I checked, and the first entry was made 32 days ago. The girls start to flower in "3 to 4 weeks" so thats at least 21 days. They "finish in 8 to 9 weeks"...so thats anywhere from 56 to 63 days.

32 flower + 21 veg = 53, and I assume the girls were flowering a bit before the picture, so even IF they started flowering at 3 weeks (the earliest time) thats damn close to 56 days. They looked pretty done when I checked on Tuesday, so I'm going to bring the microscope and see.

I just don't really want them getting wet for the next few days, so if they're close, I'm gonna cut them today. The leafs were pretty yellow and they've just been getting molasses and snowstorm, and have probably been flushed out real well by the rain.

Edit: And, admittedly...I'm a little worried about my cousin stealing them :uhoh: Hes a good kid and all, but I don't know if I could completely put it past him to do that.

Edit2: And I'm almost positive I put them up there in July, which would mean they "vegged" for more like 4 weeks than 3. I wish to all hell I marked down what day I planted them.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

All done! [Re: A To The K]
    #588572 - 09/25/11 09:18 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Well, they came down yesterday. Girl B (the purple girl) was definitely 100% ready when I looked at her trichs. A bit far if anything. Girl A was 100% cloudy, but I didn't see any amber. It'll make for an interesting smoke (I'll probably mix them) so I'll have a lot of different things going on.

Girl A probably could have gone another week, but she was really wet from the rain, I didn't wanna harvest both at separate times, I was worried about my cousin stealing it :lol:, too many factors.

Girl A:

Girl B:

The amount of bugs stuck in the sticky goodness was kinda gross though :lol:

I'm going to guesstimate I got about 10g of very nice trim (I'm pretty anal about trimming) and a little under an oz between the two girls. It depends on how solid they are once they dry up, but judging by past harvests and the amount in the jar, I'd say under an oz but not under a half. Its very dank though, so I'd call this experiment of outdoor growing a success!

This winter I plan on ordering 10 reg autoflower seeds from Attitude and pollinating ALL of my females. Then taking the seed and going crazy outdoors next year. Even if I only get a quarter O per plant...if I have 25 of them growing...:evil:

I just smoked a wet piece of the purple plant down. About the size of my pinky finger nail. I didn't get a very good hit, and it didn't really burn...but damn, I'm feeling pretty lit from the tiny test bowl. I'm thinking this is gonna be some real fire ganja when it dries out!

Will report back sometime this week with a smoke report and an overall grow report. Even through my shitty resinated bowl I could taste the fruity lemony flavor of these diesels. Stoked for a proper dry and cure!

Edited by A To The K (09/25/11 09:25 AM)

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: All done! [Re: A To The K]
    #588573 - 09/25/11 09:24 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd like to mention one more thing. It was really cool harvesting these. My 2 cousins were there, one of my best friends (accidentally in picture 3 of girl B lol) and my mom and aunt. My mom drove me up there because I was nervous about driving myself (I figure a mom getting pulled over is less likely to raise the suspicion I would).

My mom was always been kinda against my cannabis use. She knows the doctor actually recommended I keep smoking, and since then shes been a lot cooler and open minded about it. But this is the first time shes actually been present during a harvest. I usually try to keep all of that to myself, out of respect.

It was cool. Everyone was sitting around the table, talking, bullshitting, helping me pull the leafs off. Radio playing, apples getting eaten...it was really cool. For the first time I really felt like my mom was alright with all of it. It was a nice feeling.

If only I could get her to smoke with us, it'd be like a family event each year :tongue2: I wish quite a bit the rest of my family could get into growing with me. It seems like it would be such a social thing we could all be involved in, which is really rare with us.

Invisiblecurbstop
Stranger

Re: All done! *DELETED* [Re: A To The K]
    #589016 - 09/27/11 10:10 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Post deleted by curbstop

Reason for deletion: Sdr

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

Re: All done! [Re: curbstop]
    #589207 - 09/28/11 09:11 AM (12 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks man :wink:

Shes still drying up, but damn the smell is nice. So citrusy and tasty smelling.

OfflineA To The K
Smokey

smoke report! [Re: A To The K]
    #589569 - 09/30/11 03:11 PM (12 years, 5 months ago)

I'm gonna close this one up, it was a lot of fun. My first outdoor success! The yield was small, but thats completely my own fault for keeping them in small pots and doing 12/12 from seed. It was the restrictions I had to work with, and I did what I could for this experiment.

I got right around 10g of nice dry trim, and a little under 20g of dried buds.

Growth: Impressive for an auto. It was only my second try with autos, so I was still a little hazey with just how to treat them. It was extremely resistant (almost frosted and poured rain!) to the elements, and it made a great outdoor grow (especially being a first timer outdoors). I didn't top them, and I doubt I would next time either. The purpler plant started out small and didn't give much of the yield, but in the end she got me higher of the two.

Bag Appeal: This is a tough one. I think it had a lot to do with how I grew it though. I had a little trouble trimming it close enough (it was probably the scissors I had though) and it wasn't very dense. The calyxes swoll up so much, but they didn't really combine into a solid bud. It was almost like individual foxtailing. The buds broke up kinda small, but they did have a nice purple hue and so many crystals. Its still 1000x better looking than anything I ever bought, but it is pretty loose.

Smell: The smell is what I expected from a diesel. They have that pungent diesel smell with a very citrusy undertone. They aren't cured up yet (just jarred them yesterday) but goddamn do they ever smell gooooooooood. Probably the best or second best stank I've ever grown. Tied with the blueberry from last year I'd say.

Taste: Unfortunately I don't really have anything that I'd call "clean" at this point in time, so I'd have to get back to ya on this. From what I have tasted of it, its very perfumey-fruity in the throat after a nice big bong hit. Taste doesn't linger, but its certainly there and very tasty.

The High: I'd give this a solid 9/10. The only other bud I can say had a comparable high was the Chronic I grew. This is definitely some one hitter quitter stuff. I've been smoking pointer-finger-nail sized bowls of it and it leaves me high for hours. It comes up real slowly, and hits you full force all of a sudden. Makes the eyes real red and Chinese. I certainly feel a numbing aspect from it. It had me falling asleep reaching to get the phone the other night. For real, I fell asleep for a few minutes :lol: I either let them go a bit long or I got 2 indica heavy girls. Its ok...thats REALLY what I'm after in a smoke. I'm not a great fan of sativas to be honest.

Comments: This strain was wonderful. I'm going to purchase 10 regular auto seeds this winter and breed them so I can go big next year outdoors. The way I figure it, if I start some girls indoors 2 weeks early, have them all sexed and flowering on Memorial Day, I can have them out and harvested before the end of July. Then I'll have some primo smoke alllllllll summer long. The only reason I'm not immediately buying this strain to get seeds from is because it smelled quite a bit. Its so good in all other aspects though that I might just go with this strain. I have no complaints and I'd highly suggest it to anyone thinking of growing an auto.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds