Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineI_AM_SWIM
Someone Who Isn't McKenna

Lets talk about Shamanism
    #581300 - 08/26/11 10:35 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

What do you think about Shamanism?

Do you think it's possible that there is a spirit realm where many shamans must traverse in
order to gain insight, divination, etc. Do they really have the ability to heal the physically and mentally sick?

What do you know about Shamanism?

Did you know that Shamans may walk around and have a job, while still being a Shaman? I
have sources that say that Shamans are able to willingly alter their states of
consciousness into a Shamanic State of Consciousness (SSC), all while being able to switch
back to their Original State of Consciousness (OSC).

Since they have control over their states of consciousness, this must dismiss the notion
that they are psychedelic using, schizophrenic mad men.

Let's talk about Shamanism.

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline420smoker
Baker
Male

Loc: Marijuanaville
Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: I_AM_SWIM]
    #581306 - 08/26/11 10:48 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I learned how to do that, switching into a altered state of Consciousness, its not very difficult but when you learn how to do it, it can be more then helpful in many situations.  When i dont smoke and try to do tests (in school) i have to force myself to be "High" by going into an altered state of Consciousness (because i am much smarter when im high) it is a thing that all people should learn, because it can be very helpful, but besides entering that state of altered consciousness, when im high i can switch back, and quickly sober up when i need, but yet revert back to being high, without a problem.  It's all very good skills to learn, and it is not impossible if you have enough will power you can force yourself to do anything. :smile:

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Loc: Québecédelic
    #581309 - 08/26/11 10:52 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

I believe they are able to enter a different world with training, is it the same world for anyone, I don't think so, I believe it could be actually more like a "mental state", just like somewhere they are able to send their spirit to. I read in The White Shaman, by Olga Kharitidi, that everyone has what she calls "Garden of Eden", which you only go when you are a trained shaman, or when you are dreaming. She studdied shamans in Siberia, they almost all died during the second war, the red army were killing them like you would kill ants with a magnifying glass...

But when you read shamanism books that are more from Southern America, it is not rare to read that the shamans form a clan, it is not only in Yaqui shamanism, but also in shamanism in Brasil, Peru, Chili, Dom. Rep.... lots of them. It is not quite rare to read about a kind of social transe, where many shamans would simply go into the other world with their spirit allies, but also with the other shamans who are in the transe with them.

Quite interesting

--------------------
Pour un instant, j'ai respiré très fort
Ça m'a permis de visiter mon corps
Des inconnus vivent en roi chez moi
Moi qui avait accepté leurs lois
J'ai perdu mon temps à gagner du temps
J'ai besoin de me trouver une histoire à me conter
Pour instant j'ai oublié mon nom
Harmonium - Pour un instant
--------------------------------------------

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: 420smoker]
    #581312 - 08/26/11 11:00 PM (12 years, 7 months ago)

After tripping so much, I can sort of switch my way of visually perceiving objects at will.
I don't know if this offers any benefits or not. It sure is something to do when bored
though.

I also think I can create an out of body experience if I had the patience to do it. All I
would have to do is lay down awake, and not do a thang; simply stare at something until I
become out of my body. This might take a few hours to do, but I don't have the patience at
the moment. :smile:

I just don't see it have any spiritual aspects to it, even though Shamanism is the foundation
of spirituality, religion without politics.
I guess I've just never had much spiritual shamanic experiences with making contact with
spirits, and so I find it hard to believe that they are able to do such things. I wonder if
shamanism is authentic in regard to their being spirits, other worlds, etc.
Or if it's just a mask to soothe their fear of death?

--------------------
:tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna::tmckenna:

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #581318 - 08/27/11 12:28 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

im a shaman

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #581319 - 08/27/11 12:29 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

interwebz tell me so

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #581323 - 08/27/11 12:45 AM (12 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
im a shaman

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:
interwebz tell me so

:ilold:
:lolsy:

i'm a shaman too :retawed:

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

#582548 - 08/31/11 09:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Nice I was reading up on my Native American Cosmology class, and I will have a week on Shamanism & Neo-Shamanism, this class is gonna be tits! :datass:

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: Manitou]
    #588246 - 09/23/11 03:25 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I just found this video, really great, it is about amazonian shamans, they talk also about Ayahuasca & DMT

--------------------

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: Manitou]
    #588253 - 09/23/11 04:31 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

you are your own shaman. as is you are your own guru. schizo? maybe. but why bother with labels? be everything at once because everything is.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: nannybooboo]
    #588256 - 09/23/11 04:53 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

nannybooboo said:
you are your own shaman. as is you are your own guru. schizo? maybe. but why bother with labels? be everything at once because everything is.

I don't think it's schizo, and everything you said makes a lot of sense actually.

You are your own guru; that reminds me of the premise of one of Sheldon B. Kopps books
titled:

IF YOU MEET THE BUDDHA ON THE ROAD, KILL HIM! The Pilgrimage of Psychotherapy Patients.

THE DEPENDENT DISCIPLE

While seeking to be taught the Truth the disciple learns only that there is nothing anyone else can teach him . . . The secret is that there is no secret.

IF YOU MEET THE BUDDHA ON THE ROAD, KILL HIM!

--------------------

Invisiblenannybooboo
 User Gallery
    #588262 - 09/23/11 05:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

i just said schizo cause it popped in my head from a terence mckenna vid i watched last night. :rofldrunk:

the video was called "Shamanism or Schizophrenia?"  ...or something like that.

OfflineI_AM_SWIM

Re: Lets talk about Shamanism [Re: nannybooboo]
    #588267 - 09/23/11 05:19 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Ah, yeah, there are a lot of people that think Shamans are just a bunch of schizophrenics,
there are a lot of books that say that's not the case though. I highly recommend checking
out the book Shamanism compiled by Shirley Nicholson, and anything by Mircea Eliade
or Michael Harner.

The shizophrenic shaman has been denounced by many cultural anthropologists, but it's still
open for debate, however, Ernest Becker's The Denial of Death has a really strong
argument about how spirituality is formed -- which would be through the fear of our own
annihilation -- death anxiety. It's such a perfect argument, that when you try to deny it,
you just go in circles and there really is no denying it, yet that's all that we do. :shrug:

Anyone can say that they are not afraid of death, but talk is just talk.

--------------------

OfflineManitou
Indépendantiste
Male User Gallery

#588270 - 09/23/11 05:35 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Schizophrenia has always been a good factor for determinating shamans, but it is rare, not all the shamans are schizophreniacs...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order