Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
tips on first grow
    #561497 - 06/03/11 08:40 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hey, i've been wanting to grow for a while, but havent been able to pick a strain, and i finally have, i hopw to do tangerine dream, but i'm not sure it is possible outdoors. doing it outdoors would make things much easier (btw i live in switzerland) but i can manage indoors, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible outdoors, but if i were to do it indoors, could someone help me out witha nutrient solution, like what ratios, and what brand of micronutrients i should get?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Loc: The Void
Re: tips on first grow [Re: CommunistRemix]
    #562919 - 06/08/11 12:36 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Lol Tangerine Dream sounds nice :bonghit:

What is worrying you about doing it outside? I looked up the seeds but I can't find anything that says whether it's an indoor or outdoor strain.
It's possible to grow any strain indoors or out, it's just that some strains have been bred indoors and are much much better to grow inside and vice versa.
I'm not sure how long the growing season is in Switzerland but for me in Vermont, USA it's late to be putting seeds out now.

For indoor soil growing, since it's your first time, I'd get some simple nutrients, something that has 1 bottle for veg and 1 bottle for flower like Botanicare or FoxFarm. For my first indoor soil grow I used Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil, Botanicare veg and flower with Botanicare Sweet (extra sugar for bigger buds) when flowering and a little Canna Bio Boost. I'm a noob myself so I don't know much about the N-P-K ratios.

You could also grow bag seed and experiment a little before buying seeds. There's a looooot to think about before you start a grow and finding out halfway that you've made some horrible mistake is a lot worse than taking the time to plan very carefully.

You're lucky to be living in Switzerland with one of the worlds lowest crime rates and some of the best BASE jumping :vaped:

--------------------
:egyptian:
Every man and every woman is a star
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
Love is the law, love under will
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

Offlinebloodworm
Stranger

#563147 - 06/09/11 05:00 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

CommunistRemix said:
hey, i've been wanting to grow for a while, but havent been able to pick a strain, and i finally have, i hopw to do tangerine dream, but i'm not sure it is possible outdoors. doing it outdoors would make things much easier (btw i live in switzerland) but i can manage indoors, so i was wondering if anyone could tell me if it would be possible outdoors, but if i were to do it indoors, could someone help me out witha nutrient solution, like what ratios, and what brand of micronutrients i should get?

as stated, any grow is possible outdoors (depending on your climate).
also as stated, i would start with bagseed.
it will get you used to growing and enable you to identify males from females, pick the right nutrients for your environment and plenty of other factors that can and will arise.
also, keep in mind that not all bagseed is bad.
most of the time (genetics aside), mj is just handled, grown and cured improperly.
if you take the time to do your research, handle each and every plant with care and cure properly you will produce some dank ass buds.
since it is a little late in the growing season, you might benefit from starting a 12/12 grow indoors and then when the 12/12 cycle hits move them outdoors to finish flowering.
as far as nutes are concerned. go all organic or go home.
organic bud is far superior to chemical weed that has usually not been flushed properly.
don't fertilize too early.
wait until about the 4th node until you start adding ORGANIC fertz.
foxfarm and all that stuff is great and all, but doing a little composting and using manure, bat guano and worm castings should do you more than well.
not to mention the fact that all of your herb will taste better, have a much more organic vibe to it and get you plenty ripped. :wink:

hope that helps.
if you have any more q's just pm me.

:aliendance:
peace and love
bloodworm

OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
Re: tips on first grow [Re: bloodworm]
    #563709 - 06/11/11 03:41 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

hoi man, whats bagseed? and do you know any good guides to help me out with the whole grow, cuz until you posted that i thought that there was only nutes and training to take care of, so what is curing and how do i do it well?

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#563824 - 06/11/11 06:21 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

By bagseed we mean seeds from a bag of weed, as opposed to seeds bought from a seedbank.

You should get a book or two on cannabis growing, I've got a couple but the one I use the most is Jorge Cervantes' Marijuana Horticulture: The Indoor/Outdoor Medical Grower's Bible. It's great as a basic guide but doesn't get very detailed.

As for curing, that's what you do to your bud after you harvest and dry it. Curing the bud brings out the smell and flavor. It's like an extended drying phase, where you take your dried buds and put them into preferably glass jars, then every day 2-4 times open the lid of the jar  and GENTLY move the bud around to release gasses. The trichomes (crystaly stuff on bud) contain thc and they can be broken VERY easily. The sticky residue on your fingers after you handle really nice bud is the thc that leaked out of the broken trichomes. Curing takes at least a month and I read that to fully cure your bud you should keep it jarred for 6 months, but IDK about that, as a general rule for curing- the longer the better.
seeds or clones-> vegetative stage plants -> flowering stage plants -> harvest bud (trim and manicure) -> dry bud -> cure bud -> pack and smoke bud :laugh: That's pretty much how it goes

Curing is REALLY!! important to do if you want top quality bud.

--------------------
"Remember all ye that existence is pure joy; that all the sorrows are but as shadows; they pass & are done; but there is that which remains." -The Book of the Law 2:9

OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
Re: tips on first grow [Re: MonsignorBerric]
    #568041 - 06/28/11 01:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

hey, i've decided to do my grow using leds, and i've been wondering, can the growth of weed be split into more than three periods (seedlings(24/0), vege(18/6), flower(12/12)), so that i can fine tune my hume made led grow lights more to the period of growth, i mean, i want to help m babies grow as much as possible, so i was wondering if this could help. also, do you guys know any online led bulk suppliers which have all of the wave lengths needed for  growing weed and ship to europe (switzerland), btw, switzerland has the lowest crime rate on earth, men are forced by law to keep their army rifles, meaning since two years ago i have a fully automatic military grade assault rifle, i shot one 14 year old kid once, was trying to tresspas, luckily it was nothing serious, but now i can say i've shot someone :P

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: tips on first grow *DELETED* [Re: CommunistRemix]
    #568175 - 06/28/11 08:53 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by KaptKid

Reason for deletion: why not

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
Re: tips on first grow [Re: KaptKid]
    #568254 - 06/29/11 01:43 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

dude, take your half assed answers which i dont understand somewhere else

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

#568378 - 06/29/11 11:54 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

??? Which "half assed" answer are you unsure about?
You can't break up their life into anything more than seedling veg flower. However you can veg as long as you like if you keep them on 18/6 or 24/0. Have you ever heard of a Mother plant? It's when someone chooses a strong female to keep vegging and then takes clones off it. Then veg the clones for a bit and flower them.
I really don't suggest going with leds. They're extremely controversial (actually there was a fight about this in another thread) and seem to be constantly improving.

--------------------

OfflineCommunistRemix
Stranger
    #568423 - 06/29/11 01:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

the kapt kid gave, look at the bullshit, how is that supposed to help me, you on the other hand have been a great help, thanx,
yeah i know what a mother plant is, but about that growing technique, doesent that take a lot of maintenance if you choose a strain that is not actually right for that (say purple tangerine dream or purple kush), arent they supposed to be large plants? and in order to keep them small (bonsai) you have to keep topping, this also helps with yields and gives you the best yield to space ratio?, this is all info i've read, just want someone like you (MonsignorBerric) to confirm this.
and about the leds, i wont be buying a premade pannel, i want to build it myself, its a lot cheaper, better, and efficient, and from the info i've read its a lot better than MH and HPS if done well.
also, i want to ask you about grow media, which is the best mix for an ebb and flow?
this is what i plan on doing : 10% coir, 40% perlite, 40% hydroton (clay pellets), and 10% lava rock, the coir will be used as a top layer of mulch, which will never get wet, since its an ebba and flow system i can control that, then there will be a mix of perlite and hydroton, this allows lots of fluffiness, while still providing the plants with nutrients while the water is down, and the lava rock will be for when the plant has reached full maturity, the roots will be able to have plenty nutrients at their reach because of lavarocks great water retention. tell me man, am i doing this all wrong? i really want the best setup possible.

InvisibleStonethM
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
Male User Gallery

Loc: No where ville, USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #568426 - 06/29/11 01:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I'd use the hydroton only or a 50/50 mix of hydroton and coir.

--------------------
:getstoned:

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#568427 - 06/29/11 01:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just because you don't understand what I said don't mean it was BS.

Read "Marijuana Horticulture" by Jorge Cervantes then you will be able to communicate at more than a novice level.

--------------------

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: tips on first grow [Re: KaptKid]
    #568434 - 06/29/11 02:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Just because you don't understand what I said don't mean it was BS.

Read "Marijuana Horticulture" by Jorge Cervantes then you will be able to communicate at more than a novice level.

I love that book. Greg Greens Cannabis Grow Bible helped me a lot too.
I'm not sure what you mean about the technique being difficult and keeping plants short. You can grow the clones any way you want.

edit: I don't know anything about hydro I just started my first dwc bucket a month ago :awesome:

--------------------

Edited by MonsignorBerric (06/29/11 02:07 PM)

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

#568437 - 06/29/11 02:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I just did my 1st flood and drain table. Hydro is cool.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #568441 - 06/29/11 02:31 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

CommunistRemix said:
yeah i know what a mother plant is, but about that growing technique, doesent that take a lot of maintenance if you choose a strain that is not actually right for that (say purple tangerine dream or purple kush), arent they supposed to be large plants? and in order to keep them small (bonsai) you have to keep topping, this also helps with yields and gives you the best yield to space ratio?, this is all info i've read, just want someone like you (MonsignorBerric) to confirm this.

Any plant you want to keep short and stubby for a mother is going to require intensive LST and or HST to keep a low profile. Myself, I have 5 plants at the moment. 2 have been going since April. They are HUGE bushes! We didn't do anything in regards to training the. We have pulled about 25-30 clones soff each of them so far, and you really can't even tell we're taken any. Lol.

Our next couple girls we are using low stress training on, and they are responding to it well. I would like to change what I am using to tie them down, because at the moment I only have light threat, and its starting to bite down into the stem. I am going to switch to some light nylon twine on Friday when I have the day off.

Our fifth little girl, the Mango Kush, she got damaged when we transplanted her, but she is just now starting to show signs of growth. She just poked roots through the hydroton into the water, and she's got two new nodes of growth. Once she shows a few more nodes, I'm going to try my hand at FIM with her.

but you are right, training your girls, whether high or low stress, will give a more even canopy and more budsites...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineMonsignorBerric
Om Shanti Om

Re: tips on first grow [Re: Tank333]
    #568472 - 06/29/11 04:22 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Oh wow I was stoned to not understand that... lol
Sounds like you've got some ganjzilla over there Tank
I had the same problem with thin string. I picked up some "SecureLine Gardening Jute Twine 190ft" Natural fibers and biodegradable. Soooooo nice for lst

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate