Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: New Caledonia
Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: Tank333]
    #547575 - 04/17/11 05:54 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Usually people use pretty high temps from 72-80 degrees but some people go even higher but I personally have an average temp of about 80 degrees. But that's only in the medium because I'm using a heatmat, I'm not sure how you would heat the medium since its aeroponics. Generally higher temps within reason promote rooting a lot.

--------------------
No one is free when others are oppressed

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: Doc]
    #547641 - 04/17/11 10:32 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Possibly by adding an aquarium heater to the inside of the bucket?

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#547648 - 04/17/11 11:07 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Well, on second thought, adding yet another plug and something in the bucket would be overcomplicating things, I think... our temps are staying in the mid 70's, so I think we'll be content to stay with what we've got going.

We're gonna change out the lids for the one we made and siliconed yesterday... hopefully this one won't have the leaking issues the others have had...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineMrsGreenThumb
Stranger
 User Gallery

#547679 - 04/18/11 12:14 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

So, so far so good, when it comes to leaks. It appears the new lid with the 2" pots and silicone is working.

We are kinda concerned about one of the leafs. It doesn't seem to be recovering very well and we"re wondering if its to much of a tax on the cutting to try and root and fix this:

We're wondering if it would be worth it to clip it?

So here's an overall glance...

EDIT: We are working on getting some lithum batteries for our 12 megapixel cam, and hopefully it wont do this annoying line thing on the pics and vids.

Edited by MrsGreenThumb (04/18/11 12:16 AM)

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: MrsGreenThumb]
    #547918 - 04/18/11 04:15 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I know this is common knowledge and not all growers use this tip but some do. Sometimes when you take a cuttin you can cut the leaves in half (cut the tips off) to reduce the surface area through which the plant loses water (transpires) while at the same time leaving that leaf on there for the plant to tap into its energy in the form of starches that get converted to sugars. Especially since you guys aren't using any humidity dome I would recommend cutting the wilting leaves in half.

--------------------

OfflineMrsGreenThumb
Stranger
 User Gallery

#547962 - 04/18/11 08:30 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Damn I forgot to get a humidity dome! We were so gonna do that today. I wish the store stayed open longer than 6 pm. Oh well tomorrow.

So on to our worry of the day. We are concerned that the cones ore nute deficient. Now we find this kinda odd since they dont seem to have any roots to speak of. So we decided to ask your guys opinion.

You'll notice some yellowing in areas. and some fan leaves with black/purple coloring.

Any input is appreciated.

OfflineDoc
stoner
 User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: MrsGreenThumb]
    #547973 - 04/18/11 09:16 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Damn I don't mean to be the only one throwing opinions out there in this thread but here goes!

That happens to some of my clones too. Usually a good 3/10 of my clones will get fucked up leaves in some way or another but most of them make it as long as it has the little budding site for new leaves to grow out and at least one little fan leaf left. I think the plant is just letting some of the leaf die so that it doesn't have to provide it with water/nutrients. This is just my really basic theory of whats going on but I'm not really sure that's what is happening.

Also I don't think that cuttings can have nutrient deficiency since they have no roots. I tend to think of nutrient deficiency as being a long term problem since it takes a while for problems to start showing themselves. Even though hydro is faster in showing problems it still takes some time. Maybe if you guys are really worried about it use like a 1/4 strength foliar feed spray?  But those leaves do look pretty weird in spots. I wouldn't worry about it though cause all you can do is let them try and grow. I've never seen the deep purple that some of those leaves have on them, but honestly they look pretty normal overall.

--------------------

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

#548006 - 04/18/11 11:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the deep purple on them is actually normal for the strain. Every one of the one's I've worked with before (all from the same mother) have the purple stems like that... I've only seen them under CFL's, so I'm really excited to see what it comes out like under a 1k watt HPS!

Mainly we're worried about the new growth because it seems so light in comparison to the rest of the leaves. We're changing the water tonight since when it was leaking the other day, we added a lot of plain water, and we want to make sure it has the right amount of Thrive alive in it...

--------------------
My best run so far

OfflineMushrooMan420
Muncher

Loc: CA
    #548506 - 04/20/11 01:29 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Doc said:
I know this is common knowledge and not all growers use this tip but some do. Sometimes when you take a cuttin you can cut the leaves in half (cut the tips off) to reduce the surface area through which the plant loses water (transpires) while at the same time leaving that leaf on there for the plant to tap into its energy in the form of starches that get converted to sugars. Especially since you guys aren't using any humidity dome I would recommend cutting the wilting leaves in half.

I agree.  Plus they say it promotes root growth.

I don't use an aeroponic set up to clone but I do not believe you need nuts.

Have you had any root growth yet?

--------------------
x:tongue:

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: MushrooMan420]
    #549820 - 04/23/11 04:37 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

They will pick up in low humidity, it just takes longer. The advantage to that is less shock to lower humidity and light levels. Best of both worlds get vents for your humidity dome so you can lower it once they adjust.

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: Flying_Dog]
    #549893 - 04/23/11 08:18 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I think for a little heat a seedling mat under the bucket should work just fine... They usually raise temps ten to twenty degrees

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Re: Pandora's Box, 1k aero [Re: DudeTron]
    #550670 - 04/26/11 10:31 AM (12 years, 10 months ago)

The lil' girls had to die... the apartments we're at are doing a "yearly routine testing of the fire alarms" today, and we felt it would be prudent to simply put everything in storage until afterwards. The lil' things weren't doing too hot anyways, so we're going to start again with some already established clones, I think... I need a mother I can keep pulling cuttings from, ya know? Lol.

So, thus ends our first attempt at cloning... :frown:  maybe next time we'll have a better success rate.

--------------------
My best run so far

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates