Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechowdan
Stranger
 User Gallery

Stretching
    #542959 - 04/03/11 11:39 PM (13 years, 19 days ago)

I posted this in the outdoor thread. No one seemed to reply so was wondering if it just wasn't being seen.

Hey all, so back home I used to grow tomatoes. I had a unusal technique that I had great success with. I would sprout my seedlings in little spouting containers under the shade to force them to stretch. After they gre ro about 3-4 inches I'd transplant them to there outdoor location. I would burry them right up to there leafs. Only reason I really did this was to cause roots to sprout from the stems allowing the plant to have a much larger root system. I am not doing this perpusly with my ganja plants but since I've started mine plants quite early and indoors(without exta light except from the window) so they have become stretched. My question is what are thr benefits of doing this and sideeffects?

I'm in Washington area so it's stil quite cold out but a few plants I have outdoors seem to be surviving the 30-50 degree weather. I was hoping this added root system will help with our harsh rainy windy cold weather. Anyone have anythoughts?

--------------------
I am a legal patient in Washington. Everything i do and say on here is for personal gain.

- We live in a free country as long as you can follow the governments laws...-

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Stretching [Re: chowdan]
    #543095 - 04/04/11 12:33 PM (13 years, 18 days ago)

I've buried two stretched seedlings a bit in the dirt before with success, but you're risking stem rot doing this with most plants and probably isn't something you want to do.

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies