Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
intelligent alien life * 1
    #538913 - 03/22/11 12:21 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Earth is surrounded by junk, right?
Satellites and all kinds of technology.

If intelligent life on different planets use the same sort of technology, wouldn't that be a good way to look for life on intelligent life on different planets?

If someone invented something that could search at light speed only trying to detect similar technology surrounding other planets, maybe we could find intelligent life on other planets.

:awehigh:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: FRACTALife] * 1
    #538921 - 03/22/11 12:41 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Mmmmm, space junk.  :zoidberg:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Invisibledrawde

#538944 - 03/22/11 01:32 PM (13 years, 10 days ago)

Maybe thats what the rings and stuff around planets are, even the moons, just different types of "junk".

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

#538969 - 03/22/11 04:22 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

the lights we see from stars are billions of years old, were pretty much looking at the past :shrug: then again who's to say there wasn't intelligent life then

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: auronlives69] * 3
    #538980 - 03/22/11 05:21 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

well our current technology can't actually even "see" other planets, we only detect them via minute variations in brightness and gravity fluxes around the stars they orbit. Even Gilese 581 (the so-called Goldilocks planet) isn't actually visible, we just see where it passes between it's sun and us and then we make inferences on it's size based on that.

--------------------

OfflineCosmicFool
Psychoholic
 User Gallery

Loc: 203 Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: drawde] * 1
    #538981 - 03/22/11 05:22 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

drawde said:
even the moons

that's no moon

--------------------

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: auronlives69] * 1
    #538999 - 03/22/11 06:31 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

auronlives69 said:
the lights we see from stars are billions of years old, were pretty much looking at the past :shrug: then again who's to say there wasn't intelligent life then

Sorta off topic, but how crazy would it be if one night all the stars just started going out? And then suddenly we know that the whole universe was dying around us and we didn't even know.

I know thats probably not how it works, but still. Crazy to think about :tongue2:

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleiwasaClown
Imagining.
Male

Re: intelligent alien life [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #539010 - 03/22/11 07:13 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

You guys ever notice how the stars flicker?

That's some trippy shit on psychedelics, me and some friends
were seeing this one star changing from blue to green to red and 1 or 2 other colors. We thought it was some alien technology trying to communicate with us.:lol:

Turns out it's just the Earth's atmosphere that makes them do that.

--------------------
"...And this I believe: that the free, exploring mind of the individual human is the most valuable thing in the world. And this I would fight for: the freedom of the mind to take any direction it wishes, undirected. And this I must fight against: any idea, religion, or government which limits or destroys the individual."

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: iwasaClown] * 1
    #539014 - 03/22/11 07:30 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Im pretty sure that the stars flicker at night because of particles in our atmosphere. I could be wrong, it has happened once before.

I like to think that there is for sure intelligent life in the universe. Unfathomably big to think that its just us.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: Shroomofdoom] * 1
    #539025 - 03/22/11 09:38 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Not to hijack your thread fractal, but what do you all think about abductions? Do you think they are real? Any one been abducted?

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Invisiblestill beLIEve
State Property..Again
Male

Loc: a world thats not my own
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: SpaceMonkey] * 1
    #539029 - 03/22/11 09:54 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I think aliens are awesome.

I hope they don't share humans way of thinking though.

--------------------
niteowl said:
See, that term pedo gets thrown around a lot.
Is a 16 year old guy having sex w/a 16 year old girl a pedophile?
If not, then how is a 30 year old considered a pedophile for doing the same thing?
I think y'all need to look up the definition for pedophile.

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

Re: intelligent alien life [Re: still beLIEve] * 1
    #539032 - 03/22/11 10:10 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

I'm hoping that intelligent life contacts us some time soon, i've been ready to see what they are like. Maybe they could change our ways for the better, but there is always that chance of them being hostile.

@spacemonkey, i'm not sure how i feel about abductions. I do know that a lot of people that have claimed to be awoken by aliens in there room that have paralyzed them, is just a hallucination from sleep paralysis.

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: RasJeph] * 1
    #539034 - 03/22/11 10:17 PM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Mmmmm, space junk.  :zoidberg:

we should smoke it :awehigh:

--------------------

InvisibleBlueBerry_SwisherS
Heart Slowed

Loc: Raw Headspace Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: FarBeyondDriven] * 1
    #539078 - 03/23/11 12:11 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

i second that.

--------------------

Let food be thy medicine

OfflineNamRedruM0016
Stranger
Other
Loc: Milky Way
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: BlueBerry_Swisher] * 1
    #539091 - 03/23/11 01:00 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

interesting.. sounds plausible, but im no rocket scientist either lol...

the question is how much space junk do we have around the earth and is it going to be enough to leave a signature on the light spectrum, (i think thats how we find the composition of things, maybe just stars though)... did anyone hear about the supposed microbe/organism fossil that was found in a meteorite recently? apparently the science community is bombing on the guy who claims to have found it..

man im high lol... :smile:

--------------------
NamRedruM0016.1.61803399

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: NamRedruM0016] * 1
    #539100 - 03/23/11 01:34 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Aliens? Some believe they live in Venus (which actually has an atmosphere like ours), the backside of the moon, Mars, and much more. Even one man shows machines that create saturn's rings that operate on EM energy; the electro magnetic energy that is present in all living things, including the sun, plants and all life, throughout the universe.

Call me crazy, but I'm under the believe I can directly communicate with alien life. I've had hours of conversation's with them. The white ones, 3 feet 6 inches who landed here back in the 1950's. I'm sorry we shot you down, but thanks for the physic's lesson!

I've seen their home planet and it is quite simple compared to ours. They live in peace, harmony, with no weapons. Only proof of these concepts are acceptable by a civilization whom is thousands of years more advanced then ours. I'm somewhat envious they do not require food or water, but then again they must be envious of us who can.

Another specifies exists that sorta looks like one of the various ones in the Star Wars series, the black one in the bar in the 1nd old school Star Wars; a new hope. Unlike the white ones, whom communicate through telepathy, the black ones don't; or at least don't communicate to me. I don't think they have the same communication pattern or are able to communicate via telepathy as I do and the white aliens do.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: BigBudz] * 1
    #539108 - 03/23/11 02:02 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:
Aliens? Some believe they live in Venus (which actually has an atmosphere like ours), the backside of the moon, Mars, and much more. Even one man shows machines that create saturn's rings that operate on EM energy; the electro magnetic energy that is present in all living things, including the sun, plants and all life, throughout the universe.

Call me crazy, but I'm under the believe I can directly communicate with alien life. I've had hours of conversation's with them. The white ones, 3 feet 6 inches who landed here back in the 1950's. I'm sorry we shot you down, but thanks for the physic's lesson!

I've seen their home planet and it is quite simple compared to ours. They live in peace, harmony, with no weapons. Only proof of these concepts are acceptable by a civilization whom is thousands of years more advanced then ours. I'm somewhat envious they do not require food or water, but then again they must be envious of us who can.

Another specifies exists that sorta looks like one of the various ones in the Star Wars series, the black one in the bar in the 1nd old school Star Wars; a new hope. Unlike the white ones, whom communicate through telepathy, the black ones don't; or at least don't communicate to me. I don't think they have the same communication pattern or are able to communicate via telepathy as I do and the white aliens do.

Tell me more dude.:awebig:

--------------------

InvisibleiStoner
Astral Beast
Male

#539133 - 03/23/11 05:08 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

the white ones are called greys. :rolleyes:

--------------------

OfflineTHEBats
The Bridge Master
Male

#539192 - 03/23/11 10:13 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Quote:

BigBudz said:

Tell me more dude.:awebig:

:randy:

--------------------
kickin-two-hundo said:
you know what i did in english class? I came to class stoned out of my mind every day, i chugged vodka in the back of class, i put dead fish in the ceiling tiles. i put a gallon of old milk and orange juice in the file cabinet before winter vacation. i brought snakes in a tied up sweater and let them loose during class. i didnt go to school to learn, i went because i had to. i didnt care, and i didn't fucking listen to that stupid bitch. and i still don't fucking care. i tore the pages out of her books and burned them, and threw away all the books in the class, two books per day.  :twobooks:

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Re: intelligent alien life [Re: BigBudz] * 2
    #539211 - 03/23/11 11:43 AM (13 years, 9 days ago)

Quote:

BigBudz said:

Call me crazy, but I'm under the believe I can directly communicate with alien life. I've had hours of conversation'swith them. The white ones, 3 feet 6 inches who landed here back in the 1950's. I'm sorry we shot you down, but thanks for the physic's lesson!

Goddamit your stupidy pisses me the fuck off sometimes.

The atmosphere of Venus is 467°C (872°F) with a pressure of 93 bar (9300% higher air pressure than here!) and composed primarily of CO2 and Sulfiric Acid. Tell me exactly how that's ANYTHING like our atmosphere.

We've been to the backside of the moon. There is no atmosphere, there are no plants, there is just dirt and ice. Nothing there to support aliens.

Quote:

Call me crazy

Ok, you're batshit nuts.

Quote:

I've had hours of conversation's, thanks for the physic's lesson

Obviously they didn't give you a grammar and punctuation lesson in the process. Those are errant apostrophes in case you're not sure what I'm talking about.

The rest of your post isn't even worth touching.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder