Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Need Help from Artsy People
    #534122 - 03/06/11 11:15 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

So I have a two page paper due tomorrow at 3PM EST

I have to write about the elements of art in the picture below which was apparently painted by a girl who goes to my school

I am not an art person, I got stuck in this class as an elective and I really dont want it to fuck up my GPA

Im not asking for someone to do my paper, but if you guys can post your opinions on some of the different elements in this painting I would appreciate it very much

If someone can help me out I will send you some $$ or something else awesome in the mail, I swear (check my trade ratings)

I am supposed to include a little something for all / most of these elements of art...
Form
Lines
Shape
Color
Texture
Space
Value
Emphasis
Balance
Harmony
Variety
Movement
Rhythm
Proportion
Unity

I am not an art person, I got stuck in this class as an elective and I really dont want it to fuck up my GPA

Im not asking for someone to do my paper, but if you guys can post your opinions on some of the different elements in this painting I would appreciate it very much

Got other homework to do, check back on this thread in the morning

I know you guys want free money

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebudnectar
Planetary Citizen
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Mars
Re: Need Help from Artsy People [Re: NobodyImportant] * 1
    #534160 - 03/07/11 12:51 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Just some things to help you out:

Strong use of organic line and shape- lots of curvilinear paths. Cool colors recede while warm colors push through, creating a sense of depth. Somewhat shallow use of value- signified by the small amount of change between bright areas and dull/dark areas. Line quality and variation help define a semi-natural, stylized play on texture. Choice of colors help unify the image- brings it into harmony along with a consistent use of brush-handling and line quality. However, this decreases the effect of emphasis, limiting it to the area where the creature's legs join the body because there are smaller, more detailed and numerous changes in color-shapes and value. Our eyes tend to move left to right, consequently, we go from the dark splotch in the corner to the brightness of the plant limb following it down the length of the creature and back up the foliage to the dark spot. The relationship within the parts of the creature and with the plant give a feasible proportion. The patches of warm recurring between the larger spans of blues and greens creates a sense of rhythm. Overall, this is a very successfully executed work, although the range of values could be elaborated. The bright uniformity of the plant and where it lands within the picture plane undermine a potentiality for balance, but this can be fixed with values.

There are still blanks to fill in here but goodluck!

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Need Help from Artsy People [Re: budnectar]
    #534203 - 03/07/11 08:37 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Thats exactly what I needed, PM me your address and Ill send you a present :smile:

or if you dont feel comfortable doing that lemme know something else I can do for you :awesome:

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineFlying_Dog
Last man standing
 User Gallery

Loc: Underground
Re: Need Help from Artsy People [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #534217 - 03/07/11 11:01 AM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Looks like a Brugmansia.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder