Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisiblePandor

First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. *DELETED*
    #511011 - 01/04/11 11:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Pandor

Reason for deletion: plus plus to yo face

Edited by Pandor (01/20/11 10:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: Pandor]
    #511026 - 01/05/11 12:42 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Looks good to start with. I start my seedlings under full 600watt lights. There is no problem with starting seedlings under full light right away.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: Magash]
    #511182 - 01/05/11 05:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Me too.

It's silly to not because you will need to harden them off when they're exposed to HID if you have them under some sissy fluorescent lighting.

InvisiblePandor

Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #511219 - 01/05/11 07:21 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

When you say you start them out under full lights, you mean after a few days for germination, right?

And opinions on using 18 or 24 hrs of light?

Thank you

InvisibleT-Rex
Herbsman
Male User Gallery

Loc: Devils Marbles Flag
    #511223 - 01/05/11 07:25 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I and most other members use 24h lights during veg, and yes your seedlings will need light as soon as they pop their heads up outta the soil :smile:

--------------------

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: T-Rex]
    #511229 - 01/05/11 07:41 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Once they pop outta the shell, I plant em and put em right under light. Now Im no pro or anything but its worked perfect for me. I've had seeds pop and probably 36 hours later little seedlings pokin out. Good luck! Take pics and stuff, keep us posted.

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #511303 - 01/05/11 10:15 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

24 hrs.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #511341 - 01/05/11 11:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I use 24 hours of light BUT only because my current veg room is kinda shitty and has light leaks(until I fix those this weekend), so that's a perk of 24 hours  of light, you can't have any light leaks affect your plants negatively since they're under constant light.

I do believe plants will benefit in terms of vigor from an 18/6 light schedule but I also find that plants stretch more and flowering isn't established as quickly when your veg to flower light hours aren't far apart sometimes I even start flowering @ 10 hours a day light. I don't know if this gives an added benefit as I'm not very scientific about my methods but I do think it speeds up the flowering of some of my long flower hazes esp when grown from seed.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #511342 - 01/05/11 11:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Pandor said:
When you say you start them out under full lights, you mean after a few days for germination, right?

Thank you

My coco plugs go under the lights, the seeds don't sprout all at once so I suppose I could leave the light off until the first sprout emerges but after that they need light. I plant 72 + seeds at a time so I don't really have the patience to wait for a sprout to emerge, nor do I have patience for pregermination methods.

BTW I hang my lights high like 4ft above the seedlings but it's all relative to how cool your room is or more importantly how cool the temperature is at the seedling's canopy or the temp right at the seedlings foliage however you want to think of it.

Offlineorison319
got squirrel

Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: maryanne3087]
    #511346 - 01/05/11 11:48 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

damage wouldnt be that bad switching them up to Hps from them fluros.. If you cant condition the plants , move lamps higher for a few day, or put a screen between lamps and plants., black window screen tacked up.

but I wouldnt be to worried ,, get a title fanning on the stems, makes em tough..

--------------------

InvisiblePandor

Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: orison319]
    #511353 - 01/06/11 12:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for all the responses.

Quote:

Shroomofdoom said:
Once they pop outta the shell, I plant em and put em right under light. Now Im no pro or anything but its worked perfect for me. I've had seeds pop and probably 36 hours later little seedlings pokin out. Good luck! Take pics and stuff, keep us posted.

Going to start a grow log with pics of the whole process within the next few days. Will post a link to the grow log section when I do.

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
Quote:

Pandor said:

Thank you

My coco plugs go under the lights, the seeds don't sprout all at once so I suppose I could leave the light off until the first sprout emerges but after that they need light. I plant 72 + seeds at a time so I don't really have the patience to wait for a sprout to emerge, nor do I have patience for pregermination methods.

BTW I hang my lights high like 4ft above the seedlings but it's all relative to how cool your room is or more importantly how cool the temperature is at the seedling's canopy or the temp right at the seedlings foliage however you want to think of it.

Thanks for that.

Do I need to worry about feeding them, or is it still just water at this point? My friend purchased "Clonex" 1-.4-1 and claims that the seeds will benefit from this. If this is correct, when is a good time to start using it?

How long do I leave the cover on the dome? I understand that humidity is very important in the very beginning of the plant's life, but how long?

Quote:

orison319 said:
damage wouldnt be that bad switching them up to Hps from them fluros.. If you cant condition the plants , move lamps higher for a few day, or put a screen between lamps and plants., black window screen tacked up.

but I wouldnt be to worried ,, get a title fanning on the stems, makes em tough..

I'll cross this bridge when I come to it. I tried convincing my friend to buy a HPS light, he insisted that we use a fluro.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #511397 - 01/06/11 08:24 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Application of nutrients depends on your medium. You can feed sprouts tap water for a week maybe two I give them a very light dose of nutrients right when they develop their first true set of leaves (beyond their cotyledons).

If you're in soil you can go longer without "feeding" them since the soil has nutrients built into it.

InvisiblePandor

#511700 - 01/07/11 01:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Super Lemon Haze and Super Kush showed their little white root *(radicle is that it?) today. Still waiting on White Rhino and Church.

InvisiblePandor

#511724 - 01/07/11 02:39 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

The dome is going to be introduced to the veg room.

There are air holes on top. Do I open or close them?

I plan on watering the small pellets every time they get dry with a spray bottle. Sound OK?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #511787 - 01/07/11 07:09 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Once the seedlings start to pop up remove the dome. The humidity will just promote stem rot which is very easy for seedlings to get.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

InvisiblePandor

Re: First timer. Critique my germination process and my veg room. [Re: Magash]
    #511828 - 01/08/11 01:50 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Would I be better off just tossing the plastic dome covering and putting them under direct light? Or do they need humidity their first few days?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #511849 - 01/08/11 06:28 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Once they are out of the ground they don't need any added humidity.

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #511852 - 01/08/11 07:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Use a dome for clones, not seedlings.

If you were to use a dome I'd only use it until the first seed pops to retain moisture in your medium, this would be a good idea if you were germing some old seeds and didn't have time to give them attention. Otherwise it's pretty pointless.

InvisiblePandor

#511867 - 01/08/11 09:23 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks so much Magash, maryanne3087, and everyone.

I'm on a second read of "The Bible" by Cervantes, I've read 2 other books, and I watch videos all the time, but you guys really help the most. Simple questions like the one about the dome are not addressed there. I really appreciate your input.

White Rhino and one Church went in today.

Thanks again. Going to start a grow log as soon as I have more pictures.

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

#511880 - 01/08/11 12:04 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Great to hear, I love grow logs although I usually lurk them.

My biggest problem at first was little questions just like that. Most of them stem from over-thinking.
Relax and let nature do it's thing, all you've got to do is leave the light on and water occasionally.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies