Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineThe Green Bastard
Ganja Enthusiast
Male

Loc: Sunnyvale Trailor Park
My Chamber
    #507946 - 12/22/10 09:39 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

So I built this grow cabinet 75"tallX54"wideX24"deep. The first picture is of the full cabinet while the second picture is of the flowering chamber. The third pic is the veg/mom cabinet. But that may change...

I've got a 400w hps air cooled hood I plan hanging from those eye hooks in the flowering chamber.Running off my 400w lumatek digital ballast. I've got a 440cfm in line fan hooked up to a can scrubber. I plan on piping the exhaust from the fan down and through my light hood thus cooling it. All these are recycled parts from my last setup where I had a small walk in closet as my grow space. I want to utilize as much of this equipment as I can because I already have them and don't really have much extra cash.

Now onto the problem.....When I built this cabinet I was growing from clones already so I planned on just doing a sog and keeping them small under the light and shortening their veg time to almost none. Basically just let them take hold then flower them immediately. I was gonna take one of those clones and make it into a bonsai mom so it would fit down in the veg chamber. But my clones all died during the move and now I have to start from seed again.

My question is do you think I should cut that shelf that separates the cloning chamber form the flowering chamber away so I only have one big space? I worry about how far down that 440w hangs down& i don't want to burn everything i put in there.
So what would you do?

Thanks for you help!
:bubbles:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: My Chamber [Re: The Green Bastard]
    #508118 - 12/22/10 08:52 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

At first I thought the first pic was a pc case.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Offlinesmucka
Stranger
Re: My Chamber [Re: muse42]
    #508248 - 12/23/10 10:52 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Looks very well done from here dude.

Offlinemad capper
old head
Male

Re: My Chamber [Re: smucka]
    #510558 - 01/02/11 01:39 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

sog is a very effective way of maximizing yields per square foot, and we've been using it for years. just gotta cover the basics, that's a pretty small area which is gonna get hot....but that exhaust fan should keep it cool...just monitor your temps....a lot of it depends on what time of year you are growing....i always had an easier time in the winter....rule of thumb is to keep your room at about 78 degrees, 60% humidity...next thing is bulb placement...usually wanna keep it a foot off your plants...next issue is spectrum...hps can successfully work for veg, but mh or a mixed spectrum conversion bulb would be better suited imo...as far as light you've got 40+ watts per square foot....which is plenty...i suggest when your clones or seedlings are young to use a high p content fertilizer.....this keeps distance between internodes shorter....also if you don't have a glass shield on your light you may wanna consider getting one.

--------------------
*constantly choosing the lesser of two evils is still choosing evil ~ jerry garcia*

Mad Capper's Moonshine Tek under construction lol

OfflineBigBudz
USA Mind Controls You!
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA USA Flag
Re: My Chamber [Re: The Green Bastard]
    #518709 - 01/25/11 11:40 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

For all the work I almost say what is the point. That is why I refuse to grow small like that. I'd never grow more then 10 or 20 times the size of that grow area. Your better off just buying a 1/2 pound, selling a quarter, then putting the remaining 1/4 in jars for the year use. Unless your a heavy user. I knew one person who bought 2 lbs a month, sold 1, and smoked an entire pound a month.

Any grow deserves 2 rooms, one for veg one for flower. Half the peeps here in CA that grow those small things bail and sell them because their is no point. Either weed can be purchased in large amounts or cheaply through a medial state.

--------------------
Art Music Music 2 Music 3

You are most likely being mind controlled if you live in the USA. The technology was discovered back in the late 1980's. You can easily see weird towers on government buildings...
http://www.cheniere.org/misc/sparkoflife.htm#mindcontrol

Offlinemuse42
Zomberrific

Loc: West Coast
Re: My Chamber [Re: BigBudz]
    #519393 - 01/26/11 07:18 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Many of us don't live in CA, or other medical states.

--------------------
It looks like it's going to be another Gravity Bong type day...

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder