Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

How would you use a 2'x5'x5'6" space?
    #505900 - 12/15/10 11:55 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well, I've finally started making plans to initiate a grow space and seeing as making a platform in a tree is a pipe dream and only useful half the year I've started drawing plans for a space in my closet, my only problem is how to use it best.

If you have had experience growing in a space similar to these dimensions or just want to speculate your input is greatly appreciated.
Here are my two blueprint drawings of the space.
(The dotted line is where a shelf is located that I'm contemplating removing so I can take advantage of the extra 2 feet of vertical space)

Edited by theshiz892 (12/16/10 12:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: How would you use a 2'x5'x5'6" space? [Re: theshiz892]
    #505935 - 12/16/10 09:03 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

You have plenty of space to pull several ounces a harvest if you wanted to. So, you have plenty of room is what I'm saying. You'll probably want at least a 400 watt lamp with plenty of ventilation. you can probably fit 6 or so plants in there comfortably.

if you have specific questions ill be glad to answer like how to setup the lighting or fans etc., i just couldn't tell what you were asking really...just wanted to throw that in there.

get a good inline fan with a good carbon scrubber for ventilation.......

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #505968 - 12/16/10 01:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

How would I use that space?

Mothers and clones up top. Lit by flourescents, t5 or cfl.

A couple of 250 or 400 watt HPS lamps in cool tubes below for flowering.

But, that's just me. I'm not all that experienced.

--------------------

Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

Re: How would you use a 2'x5'x5'6" space? [Re: mhbound]
    #506121 - 12/17/10 12:50 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

mhbound said:
You have plenty of space to pull several ounces a harvest if you wanted to. So, you have plenty of room is what I'm saying. You'll probably want at least a 400 watt lamp with plenty of ventilation. you can probably fit 6 or so plants in there comfortably.

Quote:

13eetleJuice said:
How would I use that space?

Mothers and clones up top. Lit by flourescents, t5 or cfl.

A couple of 250 or 400 watt HPS lamps in cool tubes below for flowering.

But, that's just me. I'm not all that experienced.

Both are really great answers and have already mirrored some of my own ideas, which gives me some confidence in my decisions as a n00b:tongue:

Quote:

mhbound said:
if you have specific questions ill be glad to answer like how to setup the lighting or fans etc., i just couldn't tell what you were asking really...just wanted to throw that in there.

Yea, sorry about the vagueness of my post but you answered one of my main concerns already which was how many plants I could fit in this space comfortably and for maximum yeild.

As BJ suggested I was speculating how I could divide this space to have a veg chamber also w/o taking up most of the flowering room. On top of the shelf seemed like a good potential spot to me also; however, I also considered dividing the space vertically rougly at a 2:3 ratio, with the veg chamber taking the third of space left and possibly double teired to make starts for outdoor grows and removing the shelf if you guys think the extra vertical space is worth it for the flowering plants. Or is the way BJ suggested more effecient?

I'll try to get some sketches of both ideas printed over the originals soon.

(EDIT: Here is rough draft of BJ's suggestion. I'm still not sure how many plants I'd be able to veg in the top section or how to do the ventilation.)

Is this too many plants? is 1 square foot of floor space enough per plant? Do you think this grow would benefit from a certain growing method: hydro, aero, LST, SCROG?

Edited by theshiz892 (12/18/10 04:07 PM)

Offlinesveumy
seeker of enlightenment
Male User Gallery

Loc: its cold
    #506131 - 12/17/10 05:43 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I am really new at this but I have almost exactly the same dimensions as you.  Depending on how much you want to spend you can go a few different routes.  This is what i did with my space.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/506102#506102

I will be eventually sectioning off a portion of this room for mothers and clones aswell.  The biggest thing that I have noticed with a closet this size is it gets hot in there.  So ventilation is something to consider.  Especially if you are gonna go with HID. 
good luck dude

Offlinetheshiz892
Voyeur
Male

Re: How would you use a 2'x5'x5'6" space? [Re: sveumy]
    #506429 - 12/18/10 04:06 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

sveumy said:
I am really new at this but I have almost exactly the same dimensions as you.  Depending on how much you want to spend you can go a few different routes.  This is what i did with my space.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/506102#506102

I will be eventually sectioning off a portion of this room for mothers and clones aswell.  The biggest thing that I have noticed with a closet this size is it gets hot in there.  So ventilation is something to consider.  Especially if you are gonna go with HID. 
good luck dude

Thanks, this really helps confirm some of my suspicions about heat and what not. I'm definitely going to need some good ventilation, im just not sure how to minimize the feet of ducting required and holes drilled into my attic. :tongue:

Offlinejkell
Midnight toker

Loc: Don' worry bout it
    #506476 - 12/18/10 07:15 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

What I would do is go with beetlejuice on this one. Its pretty much the standard for grow closets that want Veg/Flower areas. A vertical divider in the closet is a waste imo. Vegging plants don't need nearly the amount of vertical space that flowering plants do. And I wouldn't really worry about air exchange for your seedling/veg area but def get some for the flower section.

Good luck and happy growing

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds