Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
Anal-Log vs. Digi-Tal
    #504425 - 12/10/10 07:00 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I spent all day yesterday listening to old rock music on vinyl and I think it healed my brain. Anyone who listens to a lot of digital music can tell you digital fatigue is for real. It's too bad digital is so handy. The record industry shot itself in the foot with those crappy CDs (piracy anyone?), so it's LOL-able. They forced that music format on everyone, including the music engineers who thought it sucked, and a decade later they were having to wage war against downloads. It all rules so much. I don't mind CDs, because it falls in line with the record companies producing a bunch of garbage anyway. No one needs Beyonce or Taylor Swift on vinyl or reel-to-reel tape because it's non-dynamic, flat, compressed garbage anyway. Thank god you can shit out a platinum album with some Fruity Loops software and a $100 condenser mic. I'm sure Jay-Z's producer thanks his Black Millionaire God for that every day. (How come no rapper has taken the name Black Millionaire God yet? I hereby copyright dat shit.)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Anal-Log vs. Digi-Tal [Re: psyberpunk]
    #504428 - 12/10/10 07:08 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Well, they shot themselves in the head on this one

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #504456 - 12/10/10 09:54 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

psyberpunk said:
I spent all day yesterday listening to old rock music on vinyl and I think it healed my brain. Anyone who listens to a lot of digital music can tell you digital fatigue is for real. It's too bad digital is so handy. The record industry shot itself in the foot with those crappy CDs (piracy anyone?), so it's LOL-able. They forced that music format on everyone, including the music engineers who thought it sucked, and a decade later they were having to wage war against downloads. It all rules so much. I don't mind CDs, because it falls in line with the record companies producing a bunch of garbage anyway. No one needs Beyonce or Taylor Swift on vinyl or reel-to-reel tape because it's non-dynamic, flat, compressed garbage anyway. Thank god you can shit out a platinum album with some Fruity Loops software and a $100 condenser mic. I'm sure Jay-Z's producer thanks his Black Millionaire God for that every day. (How come no rapper has taken the name Black Millionaire God yet? I hereby copyright dat shit.)

I'm not sure what your getting at?

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: Anal-Log vs. Digi-Tal [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #504465 - 12/10/10 11:16 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Music (as we know it) is basically crap and people will treat it like crap whether it is or not, so it doesn't matter how it's released.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #504466 - 12/10/10 11:21 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

:um:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#504470 - 12/10/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So... fuck music?

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: Anal-Log vs. Digi-Tal [Re: King Koopa]
    #504506 - 12/10/10 02:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Find what little good music you can and listen to it via analog so you don't get digital fatigue.

Jump to top Pages: 1