Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineKrackatus
Vapehead

Loc: UK Flag
Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use?
    #501899 - 11/30/10 10:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

...In the next 50 years?

Personally i do.

When the newer generations (that are more open to drugs) rise to power I think that the drug laws will have to be seriously reconsidered. Everyone knows its less harmful than both alcohol and tobacco. We as a species are evolving and becoming more aware. Just as we look back at the notion of the earth being flat and think how silly it is, in time, we will look back and say "wow, i can't believe this plant used to be illegal...how stupid."

Thoughts?

--------------------
"Cannabis is not a health problem. The problem is that it promotes social values and attitudes which are unwelcome in capitalist market based society. It's just that simple." - Terence McKenna

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Krackatus]
    #501901 - 11/30/10 10:07 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I'm hoping for earlier, because honestly, I dunno if I want to live to be about 70 years of age.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #501907 - 11/30/10 10:20 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I believe it will be by then...
By that time most of the people that held the morals of old times will be gone.\

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Krackatus]
    #501918 - 11/30/10 10:38 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

you just gotta let all those brainwashed old fucks die off and there falling life flys :grin:

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: auronlives69] * 1
    #501922 - 11/30/10 10:53 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Nothing will change until we lose our two party system here.

Offlineauronlives69
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: DungenessDank]
    #501925 - 11/30/10 11:01 AM (13 years, 3 months ago)

2 party system is one entity working together to give people the illusion that they have a choice, people go nuts over v.s teams its just one giant show for the masses

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: auronlives69]
    #501957 - 11/30/10 02:04 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

I like to think it will be but I have my doubts. With Holland and Canada becoming tighter on the weed I don't know. :shrug:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Magash]
    #501987 - 11/30/10 03:16 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i like think its going to be legal by then, but i have my doubts. to be honest id settle for decriminilisation.:shrug:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Magash]
    #502382 - 12/01/10 05:35 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
I like to think it will be but I have my doubts. With Holland and Canada becoming tighter on the weed I don't know. :shrug:

It's hard to judge the future by examining modern morals and politics which is ironic because it's the only basis we really have to predict the future of such a case.

I think there will either be immediate change (within 5-10 years) or it won't be coming in the foreseeable future. I think as things stand right now there's a lot of awareness that the war on drugs is failing and the economy is suffering because we don't capitalize on taxing drugs. The war on drugs is an epic failure and I think the beast will either die or become uglier.

I think a huge factor in Canada is Steven Harper's ideas of drug use. He thinks that flavored blunt wraps and flavored cigarettes are going to encourage kids to smoke at an early age or try cannabis and feels that cannabis being legalized will make it more available to youths. He's expressed himself openly about this.

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #502397 - 12/01/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

If the internet isn't censored then i think in 50 years it'll deffinatly be legal in most places :jointsmile:

--------------------
"Everybody seems to think I'm lazy
I don't mind, I think they're crazy
Running everywhere at such a speed
Till they find, there's no need"
Beatles song

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #502405 - 12/01/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:
If the internet isn't censored then i think in 50 years it'll deffinatly be legal in most places :jointsmile:

That's a very interesting factor also. Censorship and propaganda go hand and hand. Isn't censorship unconstitutional? I couldn't imagine censorship in any sort of democratic countries. I'm aware China has censorship laws, any democratic countries follow suit?

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #502409 - 12/01/10 06:50 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Politicians in America have butchered the Bill of Rights and Constitution many times.

It's nothing new and will only get worse unless we get off our arses and say "no."

--------------------
Beatles song

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: Sir Smokes A-Lot]
    #502413 - 12/01/10 07:00 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Censorship of the internet is nearly censorship of the news, in my eyes it's worse.

AFAIK the news can only be censored when national security is an issue.

What's the worse case of violations of the Bill of Rights? I can only think of cases where privacy was questionably invaded stuff like that. I'm not into politics at all.

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#502416 - 12/01/10 07:08 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:
Politicians in America have butchered the Bill of Rights and Constitution many times.

It's nothing new and will only get worse unless we get off our arses and say "no."

No.

(shit, nothing happened.)

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

#502417 - 12/01/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
What's the worse case of violations of the Bill of Rights?

I don't know everything the American Bill of Rights covers since i'm not American.

But off the top of my head the naked body scanners at airports, Feds using mobile x-ray vans on U.S. streets, the interent censorship i mentioned earlier and there are plans for firearms limitation bills (i couldn't find this in the news but i know it's planned). Americans are already being jailed for guns they legally own.

I'm sure if i lived in America i could provide many more examples

--------------------
Beatles song

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
    #502418 - 12/01/10 07:11 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

That's basically the sort of stuff I could think of.

This is a whole other level though, but I mean I don't doubt it could happen. Prohibition was a pretty crazy time, especially for drunks who would have thought they would take their booze away?

OfflineeNtranceAsexit
Bang-a-Bang-Boogie

#502419 - 12/01/10 07:13 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

I don't know everything the American Bill of Rights covers since i'm not American.

But off the top of my head the naked body scanners at airports, Feds using mobile x-ray vans on U.S. streets, the interent censorship i mentioned earlier and there are plans for firearms limitation bills (i couldn't find this in the news but i know it's planned). Americans are already being jailed for guns they legally own.

well, you know your shit. it's too bad, eh?

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #502421 - 12/01/10 07:14 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:

No.

(shit, nothing happened.)

:lol:

OK i should be more specific.

First you gotta get mad and say "i'm a human being and i won't tollerate this bullshit!"

Then, inform people on what's going on. Post flyers, write to your Congressman and show people documentaires such as the following:

The Zeitgeist documentaires are mandatory for people to see. Trust me. After clicking on the link, click on the one on the right and watch it then watch the middle one.

--------------------
Beatles song

OfflineSir Smokes A-Lot
friend of the aliens
Male

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: eNtranceAsexit]
    #502422 - 12/01/10 07:17 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

eNtranceAsexit said:
Quote:

Sir Smokes A-Lot said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:

well, you know your shit. it's too bad, eh?

"it's too bad, eh?" is completly the wrong attitute to have! We have power fellas. We can bring about change.

Read my previous post.

--------------------
Beatles song

Offlinerah
delusional as usual
Male

Re: Do you think cannabis will become legal for recreational use? [Re: auronlives69]
    #502427 - 12/01/10 07:52 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

auronlives69 said:
you just gotta let all those brainwashed old fucks die off and there falling life flys :grin:

exactly!

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom