Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #500584 - 11/24/10 02:18 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

I also see spokesmen for those organizations going on the news a lot and debating people about legalization but rarely do I hear anyone mention the fundamental reason why cannabis should be legal

I know haha, It's mostly all money talk and over exaggerated nonsense.\

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #500605 - 11/24/10 03:38 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
I often wonder how much collaboration there really is between all of these pro cannabis lobbying organizations.

I know Americans for Safe Access, a medical marijuana activist/lobbyist group, is somewhat supportive of NORML and links to their site for legal information, etc. However, they do not take an official stance on legalization. The ASA only exists to fight the medical marijuana battle and will publicly claim they do not support legalization, though obviously some individuals who are members of ASA will personally support the fight for full legalization. On the other hand, NORML seems to be supportive of medical rights as a stepping stone to full legalization.

What happened in my state is that the grassroots medical marijuana movement that already existed merged itself into the ASA, but NORML is still relatively separate from all that. I don't really know how much back and forth there is between organizations. Everyone seems to be doing their own fundraising and trying to attack it from different angles, so the money is all spread out between them. In this particular culture, it would probably be better to consolidate the money somehow and wage an enormous advertising campaign. The fight for legalization on the federal level is the most important fight in the end, because it would render all the medical marijuana campaigning moot, but like I said, NORML might not be the best way to do that.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: psyberpunk]
    #500644 - 11/24/10 06:19 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

One interesting thing I will mention in response to that is a statement that I heard Dr. Nadelman make at the last DPA international conference.  He said that even with all these different organizations fighting the fight, a large majority (i think he said 80%) of the funds to support the cause comes from one man, George Soros.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #500662 - 11/24/10 06:59 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

George Soros is a big force behind political change, check his wikipedia page, it's nuts.

Also see: http://www.georgesoros.com/faqs/entry/georgesorosinvolvementinpolitics

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: DungenessDank]
    #500780 - 11/25/10 08:59 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I think Glenn Beck went on one of his deluded rants against Soros this week. Now I know why.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#500797 - 11/25/10 10:45 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

NORML and the others organizations are nothing but a farce. They don't do shit but sit in the background at rally's and weed conventions and try and act like they are the backbone of the movement. They have people talk crap to news organizations cause they act like they are some kind of representative for people that smoke and they even get some celebrity to get up there and talk nonsense. (Usually just somebody who's carer is in dumps and they just want their name heard)

The one thing that all these so called leaders of the movement know is that deep down inside they in no way want it legal. The major reason for that being if it ever did become legal (and we are a long way from that happening esp with places like Holland turning on the weed now and Canada just passing a law where they no longer need warrants to check your electricity use. http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/11/canada_supreme_court_no_privacy_for_marijuana_grow.php )

well back to what I was saying. The major reason they don't want it legal is that if it did become legal everyone of them would be looking for a job or something new to protest cause there would no longer be a need for them so they actually feed off of the buds being illegal.

:peace:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDon King
Keep it in the Ring

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Magash]
    #500822 - 11/25/10 02:47 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

--------------------
Only in America!

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Don King]
    #500826 - 11/25/10 02:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

silly me thinking norml was a non profit organisation:rolleyes:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Offlinesoochi
Chef
Loc: NOVA
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Shaggy420]
    #500868 - 11/25/10 09:07 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, those are the same people that will vote Sarah Palin in as President.

--------------------
"The problem with anti weed smokers is that they need to fuckin smoke some weed."

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: soochi]
    #500874 - 11/25/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

There are radical environmental movements, radical animal rights movements....

Where's the radical marijuana movement? Anyone up for property destruction & insurrection?

Here's why: Throughout history they pinpoint peaceful people like Gandhi and MLK as the people who influenced change. However, the only reason the government worked with them is because there were other violent factions in operation at the same time. Since the government did not want to negotiate with the radical movements, they negotiated with the peaceful movements, whom they would otherwise ignore.

In conclusion, a splinter "radical" marijuana movement would force the government to take the already established peaceful movement more seriously.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Magash]
    #500883 - 11/25/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
NORML and the others organizations are nothing but a farce. They don't do shit but sit in the background at rally's and weed conventions and try and act like they are the backbone of the movement. They have people talk crap to news organizations cause they act like they are some kind of representative for people that smoke and they even get some celebrity to get up there and talk nonsense. (Usually just somebody who's carer is in dumps and they just want their name heard)

The one thing that all these so called leaders of the movement know is that deep down inside they in no way want it legal. The major reason for that being if it ever did become legal (and we are a long way from that happening esp with places like Holland turning on the weed now and Canada just passing a law where they no longer need warrants to check your electricity use. http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2010/11/canada_supreme_court_no_privacy_for_marijuana_grow.php )

well back to what I was saying. The major reason they don't want it legal is that if it did become legal everyone of them would be looking for a job or something new to protest cause there would no longer be a need for them so they actually feed of of the buds being illegal.

:peace:

Smart man :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineShroomofdoom
Menace 2 Society
Male

Loc: Dark side of the moon
    #500895 - 11/25/10 11:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

psyberpunk said:
There are radical environmental movements, radical animal rights movements....

Where's the radical marijuana movement? Anyone up for property destruction & insurrection?

Here's why: Throughout history they pinpoint peaceful people like Gandhi and MLK as the people who influenced change. However, the only reason the government worked with them is because there were other violent factions in operation at the same time. Since the government did not want to negotiate with the radical movements, they negotiated with the peaceful movements, whom they would otherwise ignore.

In conclusion, a splinter "radical" marijuana movement would force the government to take the already established peaceful movement more seriously.

I'll bring the black masks, you bring the Gasoline.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Shroomofdoom]
    #500933 - 11/26/10 07:48 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Black Bloc Potheads

I think it can be done. It may sound like the antithesis of pothead, but not really. Potheads are pretty pissed off, tired of being a permanent underclass, becoming more enraged.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals