Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineShaggy420
Male

its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis
    #500358 - 11/23/10 04:49 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I've lost all hope in man-kind.

i asked an older friend of mine how many people he thinks die per year from cannabis. him being quite an educated person i was expecting something fairly rational. but no, he blurts out that he thinks 50'000 people die every year from weed.

he didnt believe me when i told him there hasn't actually been a recorded death from cannabis.

too many people i know are still under the impression that cannabis is a dangerous and destructive drug.

wtf is wrong with everyone. it just proves how successful the government's have been, with all their fear mongering bullshit. it also proves people are dumb as fuck.

how are we suppose to convince people of the truth, after they've been told for nearly a century that its a evil plant.

makes me sad:sad:

sorry im rambling :lol:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Shaggy420]
    #500361 - 11/23/10 04:56 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

The internet generation is slowly rising to power. This is either a good thing, or a terrible thing. Because we have all had the chance to educate ourselves, I find that 99% of my peers are open to marijuana - trying it, being around it, or regularly smoking it.

It might just be my age group...however, I most people I know that are my moms age (50ish) are semi-for, semi-against it.

My grandparents are as against it as they come.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineShaggy420
Male

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: RasJeph]
    #500366 - 11/23/10 05:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

my parents accept my use of cannabis although my mum is slightly concerned. my grandparents grew up in the 60s, and at least know alchol and tobacco are far more harmful. but they wouldnt take kindly to my use of cannabis.

my 16 year old brother is clueless, he belives everything bad about weed. and he also thinks that shitty pop songs have meaningful lyrics :rolleyes:

--------------------

:Awemush::happyweed::fasted::happyweed::Awemush:

http://www.clear-uk.org/

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Loc: Behind a Pipe
    #500367 - 11/23/10 05:20 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

My parents (Republicans) are weird about it, but another couple that they're friends with (Democrats) seem more cool with it, even though they've never done it either. Both couples are mid 60s or older. I feel like I could talk the other guy into doing it now that he's retired. He and his wife have a lot of drinking stories. I need to find out what kind of music he likes. I hope it's Big Band Jazz. Those guys were potheads. If I could get my dad's friend to try it, maybe my dad would try it and my relationship with him would be a lot less stifled. My parents think I used to do it and quit... but I started again a couple years ago.

Some of my friends know I do it. Some don't. I still hear people talk shit about it, while they take Wellbutrin every day or some other shit that makes my legs twitch in my sleep.

Ever since my wife and I got our medical cards and the dispensaries were raided, I've become a bit of an activist. Gone to meetings & donated to lobbying groups, stuff I never did before. I want it all to become more mainstream. My modus operandi before was to lay low and ignore the system, which works sometimes, but it doesn't help popularize marijuana or get sick people marijuana now.

Invisibledrawde
Re: its sad how uneducated people are [Re: psyberpunk]
    #500372 - 11/23/10 06:14 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Fixed

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Shaggy420]
    #500373 - 11/23/10 06:16 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, 16 year olds often don't know what the fuck they are talking about :rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for every person that thought I was a piece of shit/preached to me about doing drugs in my freshman year of high school, and then in my senior year bought a sack from me or half of my buddies adderall script I'd be a rich man.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #500378 - 11/23/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Stoners have a bad wrap.  But I think it's generally true.  We need more professional pot heads.  Like myself.  People that hold down a job in a professional industry who regularly smoke pot.  The problem is that all the professional potheads have to take a drug test - so they aren't open about their use OR their opinions on it.  for fear that they may be asked to submit to a random test.  The people who don't give a fuck and don't contribute shit to society aren't helping our cause.  They aren't people that can tell you everything about cannabis like im sure most of us here can.  Educated and responsible users are the ones who are going to make a difference here, INSPITE of the stoners.  I don't hang out with any stoners and I really haven't had stoner friends since high school.  end of rant.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisibledrawde
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #500383 - 11/23/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

This is so true. Its amazing how many educated, professional people smoke but you never know it until you get to know them and win their trust. Its almost like drug tests are for just that, keeping the types who make weed look bad in public view and keeping those who could make it look respectable out of view. Its not like cannabis use inhibits you from being a good employee in any way, if you are responsible.

--------------------
King Koopa said:
The amount of pot that Gask smokes is equivalent to a guy shooting heroin on weekends

OfflineThebooedocksaint
Dead Dictator
 User Gallery

Loc: Wild & Free
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: FurrowedBrow] * 1
    #500417 - 11/23/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Stoners have a bad wrap.  But I think it's generally true.  We need more professional pot heads.  Like myself.  People that hold down a job in a professional industry who regularly smoke pot.  The problem is that all the professional potheads have to take a drug test - so they aren't open about their use OR their opinions on it.  for fear that they may be asked to submit to a random test.  The people who don't give a fuck and don't contribute shit to society aren't helping our cause.  They aren't people that can tell you everything about cannabis like im sure most of us here can.  Educated and responsible users are the ones who are going to make a difference here, INSPITE of the stoners.  I don't hang out with any stoners and I really haven't had stoner friends since high school.  end of rant.

I kinda agree, I mean there are super lazy potheads (I know some). I think another problem though is I know some people that aren't lazy though, just put themselves in a negative stereotype. I think it's important for anyone for the legalization to speak out, there are enough of us that in a few years we will get it passed. The problem is the more people just don't make a stand because some people think it will never be legal. The longer these people wait, the longer it will take to get passed though. What is going to be key though, is once it becomes legal. Those of us that are experienced in it's use and how to control it are going to have to make sure the new users keep it under control.

--------------------
"Je pense, donc je suis (I am thinking, therefore I am)." -Rene Descartes

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #500425 - 11/23/10 08:33 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

We need to give people the protection to say "I AM SPARTACUS!!"

Invisibleharri
ˈko͞okē

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Thebooedocksaint]
    #500458 - 11/23/10 10:36 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Thebooedocksaint said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

I kinda agree, I mean there are super lazy potheads (I know some). I think another problem though is I know some people that aren't lazy though, just put themselves in a negative stereotype. I think it's important for anyone for the legalization to speak out, there are enough of us that in a few years we will get it passed. The problem is the more people just don't make a stand because some people think it will never be legal. The longer these people wait, the longer it will take to get passed though. What is going to be key though, is once it becomes legal. Those of us that are experienced in it's use and how to control it are going to have to make sure the new users keep it under control.

Even if you don't want to go out of your way to support legalization just rock a legalize weed shirt every once n a while, people will realize what's up...
:awehigh:

Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
    #500465 - 11/23/10 10:57 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Yeah, 16 year olds often don't know what the fuck they are talking about :rolleyes:

If I had a dollar for every person that thought I was a piece of shit/preached to me about doing drugs in my freshman year of high school, and then in my senior year bought a sack from me or half of my buddies adderall script I'd be a rich man.

:lol:
same here man

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#500476 - 11/23/10 11:44 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

I don't want potheads to hold themselves to society's standards. I don't necessarily have respect for educated professionals. I want marijuana smokers to be who they are, whoever they are, especially if they're lazy. That's part of the lesson of marijuana: most of this bullshit doesn't matter, so chill the fuck out. Congratulations to anyone who manages to be useless to this society and still survive. Hail marijuana for taking millions of asshole capitalists out of the running and turning them into hippies, then turning them back into entrepreneurs with dispensaries. Hail marijuana for taking money that would have otherwise gone to MBA programs, law school or a new SUV. Hail marijuana for turning engineering majors into drop outs, chefs and sculptors. Like Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: psyberpunk]
    #500513 - 11/24/10 08:44 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

That's all great to say and I feel the same way.  However, my point was that those are the people who are turning the wheels in this legalization movement.  You see the people that need to be persuaded and educated about cannabis are, unfortunately and ironically, the peers of the educated professional.  Those are the voters along with the seniors.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

#500517 - 11/24/10 08:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Some people are good at lobbying and that's what they want to do, but how far as the legalization movement really come if they've been trying to legalize it since the 70s and it's not legal yet? Obviously the professionals are willing to take your donations, but they're not getting the job done. It's time to put NORML's balls to the fire and ask for some fucking progress. I wouldn't be surprised if they're putting forth this lackluster effort because it is more profitable for them if marijuana remains illegal.

Similarly, Medical Marijuana growers in Humboldt and Mendocino voted down Proposition 219, saying, "Our elitist clique of providers gets to grow marijuana, but the rest of you should go to jail." As soon as someone gets theirs, they forget about everyone else. This is how professionals are. They will sell you out and hide at home smoking their kind buds while others go to jail. Real communities are built off the rest of us. Those same lazy stoners often show up to protest in person when their dispensaries are raided, while the growers hide at home like cowards. It takes all kinds.

There must be unity, but there are weak, pathetic losers in the movement who sell the rest of us out by suppressing their principles. Professionals have already sold out to the system and they're more than willing to do it again. I see the same thing happening in the environmental movement with large organizations like Greenpeace signing deals with timber companies.

Edited by psyberpunk (11/24/10 09:06 AM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

#500520 - 11/24/10 09:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Unity is something our modern sick culture has lost. They have squashed the revolution by making us care more about what new cellphone is coming next than what the future has in store for mankind.

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: DungenessDank]
    #500521 - 11/24/10 09:22 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Money makes the world go round. :nonono:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: Dr. Siekadellyk]
    #500526 - 11/24/10 09:34 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:lol:

It may, but that doesn't mean there isn't a better tomorrow waiting for us to take it back.

Invisiblepsyberpunk
Lunatic

Re: its sad how uneducated people are about cannabis [Re: DungenessDank]
    #500549 - 11/24/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I'm glad I can trade something as useless as money for something as useful as cannabis. Too bad more people can't see legalization as a civil rights concern and can only be persuaded by viewing it as an economic concern. Another thing I wish legalization activists would downplay is they are practically begging to be taxed to death by the time it IS legal. "Not only can you SAVE money by releasing prisoners, you can TAX it for billions of dollars a year!" It's true they can't be persuaded by the simple logic that we have a right to grow a harmless plant in the ground and consume it. They have to see dollar signs, which means ethics is totally out of the picture for these pigs.

:potleaf:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#500572 - 11/24/10 01:17 PM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Unity is something our modern sick culture has lost. They have squashed the revolution by making us care more about what new cellphone is coming next than what the future has in store for mankind.

Exactly, no one is going to give up their nice home with their 2 car garage to pick up arms against the government.  Instead, they will bend over until their backs are on the ground. 

Quote:

psyberpunk said:
Some people are good at lobbying and that's what they want to do, but how far as the legalization movement really come if they've been trying to legalize it since the 70s and it's not legal yet? Obviously the professionals are willing to take your donations, but they're not getting the job done. It's time to put NORML's balls to the fire and ask for some fucking progress. I wouldn't be surprised if they're putting forth this lackluster effort because it is more profitable for them if marijuana remains illegal.

Similarly, Medical Marijuana growers in Humboldt and Mendocino voted down Proposition 219, saying, "Our elitist clique of providers gets to grow marijuana, but the rest of you should go to jail." As soon as someone gets theirs, they forget about everyone else. This is how professionals are. They will sell you out and hide at home smoking their kind buds while others go to jail. Real communities are built off the rest of us. Those same lazy stoners often show up to protest in person when their dispensaries are raided, while the growers hide at home like cowards. It takes all kinds.

There must be unity, but there are weak, pathetic losers in the movement who sell the rest of us out by suppressing their principles. Professionals have already sold out to the system and they're more than willing to do it again. I see the same thing happening in the environmental movement with large organizations like Greenpeace signing deals with timber companies.

Excellent points.  I often wonder how much collaboration there really is between all of these pro cannabis lobbying organizations.  Norml, dpa, maps, mmp, and all the rest of them. 

I also see spokesmen for those organizations going on the news a lot and debating people about legalization but rarely do I hear anyone mention the fundamental reason why cannabis should be legal - our bodies our decisions.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds