Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinelifemaker
Stranger
God for a day (germination)
    #488222 - 10/15/10 02:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

so a friend of mine got ahold of a an interesting seed yesterday by chance, by asking another friend who didn't have any but about 20 minutes later kind of reached under a shelf and pulled out a little container with a seed in a little bag or something.
*from now on i will to refer to my friend as i or me

this aquintance he said "i meant to give this to a friend, guess i forgot. i'm giving it to  you now, i guess it made its choice. make sure it makes it!" or something alone those lines, we were a bit squabbled off of his own harvest but it was a noble gesture

i think it's got some good genetics, no idea about how resiliant it is but this person smoked buds from this seed and said they were fly as fuck

so meanwhile i'll ask around and see if anyone has a lil seed to donate to the cause and order some of my own so within a few weeks when i have a slightly better idea of what i'm doing i might have better chances/results

the point is, here swim am, with the intention of germinating the seed. from what i have gathered from several sources, some being quite reputable others not so much:

point of thread:
first, choose a method. i think i'm going with the plates and tissues, is this a good choice? does it make much of a difference?
ona plate, a few moist tissues. drain excess water from plate.
seed(s) on tissue. if there's more than one, spaced out accordingly.
more moist tissues on top of that
another plate, upside down and on top of the first plate, compeleting the germination ufo/clam
tucked away to darkness in a place that has a decent temp for this stage
what the seed wants is: moisture, heat, darkness
so, putting the plates in a cabinet or something, not letting them get much light but checking on them to rehidrate when needed, could work? how often does one usually need to add more water?
*(i'll be using mineral water, and rain water later after germination)
can i throw a sweater over the plates for added warmth and reduced light exposure or this just a bad idea for some other reason?
tips appreciated, hope to have a few more candidates to germ soon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: God for a day (germination) [Re: lifemaker]
    #488223 - 10/15/10 02:19 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

:lol: I always forget there are different techniques to germinating. I forget that people actually think about what they are going to do. I guess its because I've always grown plants and stuff and I'm just used to the germinating/original "planting" process.

I wet a paper towel, put the seed in, fold it over and stuff it in a baggy. Then I put the baggy on top of my TV or PS3 or PC; something that runs warm, but not hot to the touch. Within 24 hours they are always popped. :shrug:

Also - don't bother with that swim stuff man. Its just confusing.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offlinelifemaker
Stranger
Re: God for a day (germination) [Re: RasJeph]
    #488227 - 10/15/10 02:39 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that sounds good, i can prop the the seed on my tv.
you dont use plates though right? i guess light isn't a problem then at this point

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #488229 - 10/15/10 02:41 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

i just throw them in a cup for 24 hours and then a papertowel which is wrapped in a bag and placed on a warm surface like the top of a computer or something for a day-2 and plant them it seems to always work :shrug:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: God for a day (germination) [Re: mhbound]
    #488289 - 10/15/10 06:10 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#488367 - 10/16/10 06:58 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

lifemaker said:
you dont use plates though right? i guess light isn't a problem then at this point

Nope, I don't. I have a friend who did all that...electric blanket, etc...he ended up making popcorn because his setup screwed up :facepalm:

Its a real simple thing to do. No worries :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinelifemaker
Stranger
    #488412 - 10/16/10 12:02 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Quote:

lifemaker said:

Nope, I don't. I have a friend who did all that...electric blanket, etc...he ended up making popcorn because his setup screwed up :facepalm:

Its a real simple thing to do. No worries :thumbup:

hehe i see ! thanks for the support.. i end up germinating yesterday at about 8 (pm) and leaving it next to a running labtop when i'm using it, but otherwise just around the house in a bonafide sort of way (like on a shelf in my room, temp in the house is at about 70F at the very lowest).

there is something bugging me though.. i checked on the youngin today and it (the paper towel) seemed a little low on water, not dry or crusty but it seemed like a good time to add water. this was about 12-15 hours after the initial watering. i did the plates and the bag, which seems quite humidity efficient, but i'm still a little worried that those last few hours of lesser humidity might have been a little rocky.

anyway, the seed has a rather larger hole now (or it all grew a bit), at least i'm pretty sure i saw something happening there. that's about it. you guys seem to have luck within 24-36 hours so i'm gonna try and not get worked up until tomorrow, and just remember to keep it moist

thanks for the tips

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#488515 - 10/16/10 04:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

They don't have to be real wet. Just enough to soften the outside'll do it I think.

To check without going through the bother of opening the baggy, you can hold it up to a bright lightbulb to see if you can see a tail :thumbup:

--------------------

Offlinelifemaker
Stranger
    #488892 - 10/17/10 03:08 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

nice tip with the lightbulb, i'll keep it in mind for future germing

when i checked on my baby before going out for lunch she still didn't show any signs of progress at about T+30 hours. but i got home a few hours later, a little put off by the germination delay/failure, and lo and behold she(/he/it) has a little white taproot emerging !

totally made my day, lifted my mood. i was rolling an after-meal joint in the commodity of my home when i decided to stop for a second and check on the seed (parenting is where its at) and it just completely surprised me. put her back on the tv where it's closer to 80F+. seems cozier for a poppin'.

anyway, it was a big relief to see this happen.. i'm guessing i should get to work on finding and pampering it's soon-to-be home

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

#489126 - 10/18/10 06:12 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Patience is key. Its tough, no doubt...but well worth it in the end.

Congrats, you're on your way man haha :highfive:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder