Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Spice of Life Seeds
    #485272 - 10/05/10 01:07 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Ok, you may notice that most places are out of Spice of Life Seeds. Seed Boutique never seems to run out. Only problem is that Steve the owner and breeder for them is growing grapes now and is making wine.

So not wanting to say anything bad but I don't know if I'd order Spice of Life from Seed Boutique.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrozenReality
 User Gallery

Re: Spice of Life Seeds [Re: Magash]
    #485420 - 10/05/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

that would make me thing twice about ordering anything from seed boutique..

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #485452 - 10/06/10 01:47 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Ok, you may notice that most places are out of Spice of Life Seeds. Seed Boutique never seems to run out. Only problem is that Steve the owner and breeder for them is growing grapes now and is making wine.

You mean breeder steve has turned to the darkside?

InvisibleHendershot
Shapeshifter
Male User Gallery

Re: Spice of Life Seeds [Re: Ojom]
    #485484 - 10/06/10 07:22 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I was thinking of getting some OGK seeds from SOL, but they don't even have pics up so I was having doubts.. thanks for the heads up.

--------------------

"You're cool, you're cool, fuck you, I'm out.."

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #485553 - 10/06/10 02:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Kootaney took over Spice of Life seed production. BS2.2, Blubonic, BS2.2 x Kush etc are all new seeds Koot is producing. Koot is also going to be bringing back Sweet Tooth #4(rather soon) and possibly Blockhead.

The adventure mix is random old seeds from when Steve was making seeds.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spice of Life Seeds [Re: maryanne3087]
    #485740 - 10/06/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah that's what I heard. Koot and Steve are miles apart in the way they do things so I'm pretty much writing off the Spice of Life Strains as done with unless he got the original mother plants and I don't see Steve doing that for anybody. Koot is to Spice of Life what Nirvana is to Serious Seeds. Nice, killer bud and plants but something tells me it just isn't like the original. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #485747 - 10/07/10 12:26 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I hear you. It always looks bad when someone takes over a company, you wonder if things are changing and for the better or the worse?

I think Koot is a honest guy, I don't think he would say he had P1's unless he actually did. I think he would disclose what he has/does to produce seeds. Is he claiming to have all of Steve's P1 stock?

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #485793 - 10/07/10 09:17 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure to tell the truth. Koot seems to be a pretty straight up guy but you know how it is. Just not the same when the original breeder doesn't do it. I hope he shuts me up and brings them back better then ever though. :thumbup:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #485797 - 10/07/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

In my opinion, the original Sweet Tooth or the first BX were the best. I'll admit the #4 looks impressive and can create huge colas but when it comes down to it, I think the originals were best if you are willing to look around for that keeper.

I don't recall the time line but certain P1 stock was lost either immediately before or immediately after (I recall before) Steve stopped producing seeds in 2004. Which is why Blockhead and Sweet Tooth 1.1 were never recreated. I hear a bit of non-sense about what P1 stock was lost. I hear that the Sweet Tooth father used for Sweet Tooth #3 and Blockhead was lost. I also hear that the "special" blueberry used for Sweet Tooth 1.1 was lost which could be the case as it's been a big deal in the past for recreation. Chimera has claimed that Steve was given 5 blueberry seeds by DJ Short's and that's the whole story about his Blueberry father selection, he picked a male of the 2 males he got from the 5 seeds. If that's true it's rather sad. I like Chimera's GFxBB mostly because it's not backcrossed to the clone a bunch of times, it produces the phenotypes I want, and it uses multiple Blueberry fathers. I'd love to see Blockhead again, even though it's way too strong for me. I'd love to see Blockhead even if it has changed, I think changing the father would be better than re-selecting from F1 populations, if that's even an option.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #485809 - 10/07/10 09:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm right there with ya.

The Spice of Life strains have been in turmoil for lack of a better word since Steve went on his Swiss adventure.

Chimera is a pretty straight forward guy with a lot of knowledge so I'd believe what he tells me.

Plus remember Steve has that magical way of pissing off everybody near him. :potleaf:

--------------------

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #485830 - 10/07/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

If he didn't go to Switzerland we wouldn't have had Blockhead. I don't know how much work went into the Sweet Tooth but I'm not impressed with the 3/4.

I like Steve for his organic know how, and how he encouraged people to use organics with simplicity. In Canada he sold a mix of amendments that you could simply mix with a bag of ProMix and have a nice soil that will see you through flower, minus some molasses at the end. I haven't met the guy but he rubs shoulders the wrong way with everyone I've met who has met him. Chimera has laid rest to a lot of Steve's claims, it's really ridiculous some of the shit Steve has claimed/claimed to be up to.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #485913 - 10/07/10 05:15 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah no kidding.

Best example, the so called clones that were suppose to be like seeds.

Actually according to Steve the trip to Switzerland was the end of Blockhead, Sweet Tooth #3, and LUI. When the heat came down he lost the original mothers to those strains.
Supposedly the story goes "The mother was selected from seed developed by one crazy yanqui and the exact origins are a mystery. This mother clone line had indica-like buds on a sativa looking plant. Crossed with the same Sweet Tooth father as Sweet Tooth #3"

but you know Steve who knows what is what. :shrug:

Either way those strains ain't gonna be back anytime soon. :potleaf:

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #485934 - 10/07/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

So no more blockhead?  Damn it, that was high up on my list of strains to grow.  Definitely explains why I couldn't find it or the sweet tooth.

:frown:

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Spice of Life Seeds [Re: coda]
    #486020 - 10/07/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Chimera's GFxBB(Sweet Tooth) is the same as the original. SPG x DJ short's Blueberry except Chimera apparently chose multiple DJ Short's BB fathers used in a number of successful crosses. I don't know if it's true but Chimera disclosed that Steve selected the blueberry father in the original Sweet Tooth cross from 5 seeds DJ gave him, 3 were female, 2 male.

I preferred the GFxBB to the later Sweet Tooth's released by SOL. I actually still buy GFxBB, and will be searching for a super keeper.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #486023 - 10/07/10 11:03 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I've heard that the Blockhead selections were done in Switzerland. That is to say he wouldn't have been able to release Blockhead in all it's glory if the op in Switzerland was never created.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck