Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Hash Tips!!
    #481860 - 09/24/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

comments?

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #481873 - 09/24/10 09:08 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:awesurprise: This...this is bad ass..i would love to see someone try this...simple enough

OfflineTektonic
dont panic, it's organic

Folding@home Statistics
    #481883 - 09/24/10 09:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wow, thats interesting information :wetself:

thanks man  :bow2:

--------------------
Legal & Compliant with local & state regulations.

Daily Tzolkin

:peace: :heart: :earth:

"If triangles' had a God, he would have 3 sides."

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: Tektonic]
    #481896 - 09/24/10 10:10 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

wow, that is small, is there any way to resize it so i can read it?

i know its a lot to ask, but maybe retype it for us who cant strain our eyes that much

looks interesting tho

Edit: nevermind, photoshop duh...

Edited by boomsaway (09/24/10 10:14 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: boomsaway]
    #481900 - 09/24/10 10:11 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:lol:  Click the picture, it will get a bit bigger.  Then in the bottom right click the white expand button to make it readable.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: Tektonic]
    #481901 - 09/24/10 10:12 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

That looks exactly like when you have an led grown plant too close to the light, or at least that was the only explanation for it when I seen them. Seen it on 3 or 4 led grows.

It's like a bleached growth tip, that's not all trichomes. You can see that the vegetation itself is white, not green.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Invisibleboomsaway
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: Laysthepipe]
    #481903 - 09/24/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

oh wow, thanks man, never noticed that lil button before!

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: boomsaway]
    #482031 - 09/25/10 09:37 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I dunno, nothing really new here?  Seems like the UVB theory with a different light source.  As with anything else the only way to know for sure is to try it out and have some control plants.  A small LED array for a single plant should be pretty cheap, so it's worth a shot I guess.  If it does produce buds that look like the one on the first page I'll be saving up for some that's for sure :smile:

Plus FIM means "Fuck I Missed" not "Fuck I Messed Up". 

/Nazi

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: coda]
    #482061 - 09/25/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

coda said:
If it does produce buds that look like the one on the first page I'll be saving up for some that's for sure

It gets done with leds on accident from what I seen kinda commonly.

Wouldn't waste your money, some guy smoke reported it and said it was a little harsher and wasn't as good tasting. If the plant material up there was green you would clearly see the trichome formation is no different really, might be a little more dense, but the trichomes definatly are not what is making it look white there. It is the actual plant material being white almost as if it were bleached.

I'll try to find the thread, I think it was on rollitup.

Here's an example of some light bleaching
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/budding-cycle/75120-light-bleached-albino-bud.html

--------------------

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

Edited by Laysthepipe (09/25/10 11:07 AM)

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#482090 - 09/25/10 12:36 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

hmmmm Just plant bleaching you say :strokebeard: ...seems there's alittle more :einstein: put in to this IMO ...it clams that 680NM is a no go for resin production that aleast 40% of spectrum must be 660NM to get such abundant resin production :awedance: :twocents:

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
    #482097 - 09/25/10 01:03 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

I find the claims of bacteria and enzymes interesting for added trichome production. I know that bacteria and enzymes are mainly for root health but I've never heard of someone saying "Get some of that bacteria and enzymes going on and watch your trichomes swell!"

It's interesting that he grows with LED's and UVB. I'm curious about UVB but I haven't heard of any legitimate information really supporting it increasing potency. Sam_skunkman on ICMAG says there's been numerous trials none proving UVB increases potency, Shantibaba says outdoors he's noticed improved crops when in greenhouses vs indoors. I think outdoors is just as good as indoors possibly better but I don't think I'd want to take a pepsi challenge with indoor vs outdoor buds.

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: xX42oXx]
    #482098 - 09/25/10 01:04 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xX42oXx said:
hmmmm Just plant bleaching you say :strokebeard: ...seems there's alittle more :einstein: put in to this IMO ...it clams that 680NM is a no go for resin production that aleast 40% of spectrum must be 660NM to get such abundant resin production :awedance: :twocents:

Believe what you want, the trichomes have to grow off of plant material, they don't just grow off of eachother, plant material is green (while chlorophyll is present), trichomes go from clear, to cloudy, to amber, that whole big piece will never amber because it is growing on plant material that isn't green, the plant material is white, and it is not 100% trichomes either.

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

Just take a look at the quoted image, at the top of that bud there at the top of the page, see the white plant material going upwards with trichomes growing off of it?

Unless you are telling me trichomes will grow 100 times their normal size and that is a huge fuckin trichome, with tons of trichomes branching off of another trichome, then there might be some e=mc2 into it.

The fim technique is irrelevant to this anyways, I do not even see why they mention it.

Here's another pic of this bleaching from leds.

Do you think the white on those leaves are thick trichomes causing the color?

The dude has quite a few pics over here...
http://www.rollitup.org/indoor-growing/361335-pure-white-cola-yep.html

Another thing to note is those hairs are not growing out of trichomes, they are coming out of the calyxes, which are not green, and you can clearly see that.

Plus in another thread other than that one a guy said the smoke wasn't as enjoyable as the buds below it.

Would be a good sale pitch though, white buds.

--------------------

Edited by Laysthepipe (09/25/10 01:26 PM)

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#482122 - 09/25/10 01:45 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

:strokebeard: Its a valid point....but if you look at the first page it doesn't look like the lights are even close enough...would be easy to tell up close and personal...need more info on grows environment to even conclude anything

why did they mention FIM :wow:  :offtopicman:

Edited by xX42oXx (09/25/10 01:50 PM)

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: xX42oXx]
    #482124 - 09/25/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

xX42oXx said:
:strokebeard: Its a valid point....but if you look at the first page it doesn't look like the lights are even close enough...would be easy to tell up close and personal...need more info on grows environment to even conclude anything

The link i put up there the guy had it done at 6 inches from the plants and it happened.

In my opinion there is nothing to discuss, something about these certain led's are causing the plants to not get chlorophyll in the tops.

If it were environment this would have been figured out ages ago.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #482126 - 09/25/10 01:50 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

i wasn't sure what to think of this article, especially after seeing that the author (or editor wtf!?) doesn't know what FIM stands for.  I was really skeptical because, as lays just said, it certainly looks to be just bleached bud, rather than just a mountain of trichs as they'll have you believe.  I think that's just kind of advertising hype.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisiblexX42oXx
"The Seeker"
Male

#482127 - 09/25/10 01:52 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Agreed Honestly  :rofl2:

InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

#482129 - 09/25/10 01:56 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
i wasn't sure what to think of this article, especially after seeing that the author (or editor wtf!?) doesn't know what FIM stands for.  I was really skeptical because, as lays just said, it certainly looks to be just bleached bud, rather than just a mountain of trichs as they'll have you believe.  I think that's just kind of advertising hype.

He's probably trying to sling this shit and wants everyone to think it is superior.

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #482131 - 09/25/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

yeah, that's what i meant by advertising hype.  the guy who grew that in that thread you posted seems to be quite an idiot. 

similar thread (posted on the growery's bday):
http://www.420magazine.com/forums/budding-cycle/75120-light-bleached-albino-bud.html

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
    #482136 - 09/25/10 02:09 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Laysthepipe said:
Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

He's probably trying to sling this shit and wants everyone to think it is superior.

I'm wondering is the writer of this article has his own sponsors... Maybe an LED company? Because honestly, that looks to me like it's a paid advertisement...

--------------------
My best run so far

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Hash Tips!! [Re: Tank333]
    #482140 - 09/25/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Here's the authors thcfarmer account profile.

AND HERE is his grow log that produced the buds in the article.  Isn't the internet wonderful.  I will take out a couple quotes from the log...

bigkuz68 said:
Quote:

their actually not bleaching at all. when i look at closer pics you can still see the green, its just buried under trichomes. the tips are not new to me. i have had them in 3 grows with leds. a nug of the white tip vaporizes for 12-15 bags, versus 6-8 with the rest of the plant. so yeah, doubly potent than the rest of the plant. i will do my best to get some scoped pics after harvest.

Quote:

its trichome density. dont fear it. i havent seen lilzaynes, shady your pics i cant see close enough to see where your talkin about. but no light bleaching exists on my plants. light bleached tips would not compare to BHO in potency. these do. ive shown pictures close enough to show the trichomes piling on top of each other, with green underneath. if pictures arent proof enough, well, just keep using HID.

his riu account profile.

IDK, those pics aren't convincing that there is green vegetation under the white.  And if they were trichs why no amber at harvest?  Need macro pics of that. 

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale