Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTank333
Psychotic Hippie
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: 90w ufo led vs. 150w hps? [Re: maryanne3087]
    #479903 - 09/20/10 10:16 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
I'm sorry but, you either don't grow or you grow some shitty strains.

Well, I never professed to be a professional at this, MaryJane. I was just going off what MY experience has been. Admittedly, I have only been working on these plants for less than two months now, and they are just barely beginning to look better from our efforts.

I'm sure that you're right, since you have much more experience than I do at this.

--------------------
My best run so far

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLaysthepipe
Vivi Sex Symbol
 User Gallery

Loc: KOREA
    #479905 - 09/20/10 10:24 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
I'm sorry but, you either don't grow or you grow some shitty strains. My veg room could be smelled from across the street if I didn't have odor control I use a combination of Ozone and Carbon scrubbers to remove the smell. I don't either alone is enough for certainty. I also use larger than recommended filters and ozone generators.

I had a mexican sativa strain from some brick that was some of the best brick I've smoked that had literally no smell at all all the way through harvest, all you could smell was a tiny sweet smell, only if you put your nose touching the buds and inhaled. It was the only strain I have grown, and I didn't use and scrubber then either haven't grown since, I moved and ended up fucking up the mother when I flowered her, she was almost dead of heat stress cuz I was away for two weeks while moving she was a good 5 foot tall lsted plant :frown:.

Magash's Man Eater is supposed to be low on odor too, I don't think potency has to do much with the odor.

--------------------
:advisory:

“If you want to find out who your real friends are, sink the ship. The first ones to jump aren’t your friends.” — Marilyn Manson

This isn't the correct place to confront me on anything.

Forum full of dead stars, and a necro I called Coma White

Offlinebobby-j
Stranger
    #480062 - 09/20/10 06:38 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

I'm also trying to keep the smell down as much as possible carbon scrubbers are great but I also want a low odor strain. How does belladonna smell, I've heard that it's some really good smoke with a trippy hallucinagenic high. Do the good led lights take longer to get to harvest than the hps'. I've heard floro's and leds take an extra week or so of flowering.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 90w ufo led vs. 150w hps? [Re: Tank333]
    #480072 - 09/20/10 06:56 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tank333 said:
Quote:

maryanne3087 said:
I'm sorry but, you either don't grow or you grow some shitty strains.

Well, I never professed to be a professional at this, MaryJane. I was just going off what MY experience has been. Admittedly, I have only been working on these plants for less than two months now, and they are just barely beginning to look better from our efforts.

I'm sure that you're right, since you have much more experience than I do at this.

I didn't mean to be rude/offend you(if I did). I just think it's very poor advice to tell someone they don't need odor control for mothers. I've shut off my ozone and exhaust fan (attached to my scrubber) for a half hour to make my ducting more efficient(the ozone was off for my safety), and my friend told me he could smell my plants from across the street around the corner (half a block away). I've seen 7-10" plants that would be a huge risk to have without odor control.

Laysthepipe:
His man eater contains Sour Diesel genetics if I recall correctly, I don't think anyone can say anything crossed with Sour Diesel is low odor, especially when they grow Mexican brick with "no smell at all".

Potency has very much to do with odor. For a long time now the general consensus is that potency doesn't = THC percentage. It's a combination of terpenes/terpinoids, flavonoids, and cannabinoids(THC, CBN, CBD, THCV).  This is why strains that weigh in lightly on THC can get you higher and have more enjoyable highs than a lot of strains with just raw thc potency one strain that has been of interest to a lot of growers is Satori which has tested at 28% THC and generally between 23-28% THC but very few people say Satori has got them higher than anything else.

You won't find me (and any grower worth their skin, imo) growing low odor strains. My motto is, if I don't need to worry about odor control I'm doing something wrong.

Invisiblemaryanne3087
Stranger
Trusted Cultivator
Re: 90w ufo led vs. 150w hps? [Re: bobby-j]
    #480078 - 09/20/10 07:09 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bobby-j said:
I'm also trying to keep the smell down as much as possible carbon scrubbers are great but I also want a low odor strain. How does belladonna smell, I've heard that it's some really good smoke with a trippy hallucinagenic high. Do the good led lights take longer to get to harvest than the hps'. I've heard floro's and leds take an extra week or so of flowering.

I don't think LED's or florescent lights take longer to flower. I can't honestly say I've seen anything cut down flowering time. The only thing I'd be willing to bet can cut down on flowering time is initiating flowering quicker by giving 10hours on/14hours off for the first week or two of flowering.

I wouldn't bet a buck that any of Paradise's strains don't smell. I was very skeptical about the Paradise seed bank because they don't make public the lineage of their strains, they apparently use a lot of similar stock in all their strains but have massive selection pools. Greenhouses in Switzerland, apparently they're nearby the Mr.Nice breeding facilities. This could be old news, it's just what I heard. The strains that I have smelled from Paradise seeds were by no means low odor.

You could try to find a strain that doesn't smell like cannabis much. You need to be weary of peoples advice because someone could get "lucky" and have an exceptionally none stinky plant and describe it as apricots and fine liquor/champagne then you could grow the same strain and it could be dead skunk. Cinderella 99 is often described to smell more like funky pineapples or grapefruit than weed. Shantibaba at Mr.Nice seeds said he grew a MangoHaze on his balcony in Italy and he said it smelled like ripe mangos, nothing like weed. Again, I know for fact that MangoHaze typically smells very much like weed, very good weed.

Hope this helps.

OfflineSleric
Stranger
    #481318 - 09/23/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Has anyone tried the 90w ufo LED vs. 150w HPS vs. any induction grow light?

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies