Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup?
    #436054 - 06/22/10 08:00 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Hey all

i was just wondering as i am about to receive a really good clone of a killer strain but i don't have an indoor setup at the moment.

So i basically want this baby to seed so i can save the strain for later but then again that may not be a good idea as i do not have much experience in indoor growing so i don't really know what my best option is and that's why i am asking this question what should i do?

Should i grow outside till it seeds or will this risk it being sexed with another strain that could be close by therefore ruining the good strain?

any help would be appreciated as i am a bit clueless trying to figure out what im going to do

cheers SLiCeR

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
Re: What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup? [Re: SLiCeR]
    #436055 - 06/22/10 08:15 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Buy some CFLs?

Even just 3 23watts will keep it alive. If you don't want to bud it anyway for the time being, just keep it 20/4 under some CFLs. It might not be optimum, but it'll certainly grow.

And hell, you could even take some clones from that clone, and keep it going that way. You won't be able to get seeds of that strain, unless you get pollen of that strain.

So yeah, sticking it outdoors with the intention of getting seeds will just get you some kind of hodge-podge plant with mystery genetics. Unless you pollinate it yourself.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

Re: What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup? [Re: RasJeph]
    #436231 - 06/22/10 05:02 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

RasJeph said:
Buy some CFLs?

Even just 3 23watts will keep it alive. If you don't want to bud it anyway for the time being, just keep it 20/4 under some CFLs. It might not be optimum, but it'll certainly grow.

And hell, you could even take some clones from that clone, and keep it going that way. You won't be able to get seeds of that strain, unless you get pollen of that strain.

So yeah, sticking it outdoors with the intention of getting seeds will just get you some kind of hodge-podge plant with mystery genetics. Unless you pollinate it yourself.

ahh and this is exactly why i asked this question cheers mate i thought it made sense that if it did seed outside it would be cross pollinated by some random strain cheers for the help mate :thumbup:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #436240 - 06/22/10 05:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

So you have a male as well?

Cannabis doesn't asexually reproduce, so you have to have a male plant to get seeds.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

Re: What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup? [Re: 81renaissance]
    #436854 - 06/24/10 08:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Nope i don't have a male

could o possibly get a male from clones off this clone once its grow out? or will they all automatically turn female? sorry im pretty new to cultivation

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#436870 - 06/24/10 09:48 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Clone is gonna be a girl, you will need to grow a plant from seed to grow a male, or find someone that has pollen from good genetics.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup? [Re: DieselB]
    #436905 - 06/24/10 11:57 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You gotta use some common sense here man.  Think about what a clone is in the sense you know: an exact genetic reproduction of something...if it has the exact same genetic code, how would it be a male?

Stop growing for now, and start reading.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

#437090 - 06/24/10 06:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Cheers but reading isn't going to help me as the clone arrives today. I have been dumped with this clone i mean i'm not disappointed but i was actually getting a different plant (not mj) and my friend decided to send me a clone of his best strain of weed aswell in the package so what do i do? just chuck it in the trash? no of course not i fucken learn what to do with it. Sorry i only have ever grown outside and never cloned only grown from seed and i usually research everything i do before i do it but this time i don't have the time hence why i asked but now i regret this action cheers for the warming welcome 81renaissance

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

#437092 - 06/24/10 06:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

cheers DieselB and RasJeph for your help
and thanks to 81renaissance even though i think he was trying to be a smart ass (sorry if you weren't but it came across to me that way)

OfflineRasJeph
Psycho Pete
Male

Loc: Bumfuckt Egypt
    #437115 - 06/24/10 07:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Lol no he wasn't.

Its a "clone", because its an exact copy of a plant. I mean, unless the person you got it from is a total asshole, or told you it was a male, its gonna be a female.

--------------------
Of course it's happening inside your head.
Why should that mean it isn't real?

Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Trusted Cultivator
    #437136 - 06/24/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SLiCeR said:
Cheers but reading isn't going to help me as the clone arrives today. I have been dumped with this clone i mean i'm not disappointed but i was actually getting a different plant (not mj) and my friend decided to send me a clone of his best strain of weed aswell in the package so what do i do? just chuck it in the trash? no of course not i fucken learn what to do with it. Sorry i only have ever grown outside and never cloned only grown from seed and i usually research everything i do before i do it but this time i don't have the time hence why i asked but now i regret this action cheers for the warming welcome 81renaissance

Touchy much?  Most people here will tell you that I don't have that "M" next to my name and the trusted cultivator tag because I'm an asshole to people seeking information.

The link is a direct link to the grow FAQ's on the site!  Why are you so defensive? :nonono:
The questions you're asking are so broad that the answers we would need to provide in the forums would be very long.  Read through the grow docs, and you'll find the answers to almost all of your questions and you'll also see the basics of what you need to get that clone started in an indoor environment.
When you know the basics from those documents, you'll be able to ask more specific questions that are easily answered on the boards.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #437164 - 06/24/10 08:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Exactly.

It will take you what, a mere hour to learn at least enough to keep a clone alive?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

#440717 - 07/01/10 07:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ohh ok well sorry for being so on guard i am now going through the grow faq cheers :thumbup:

OfflineSLiCeR
Stranger

Re: What to do with clone when i have no indoor setup? [Re: Inverted]
    #442798 - 07/07/10 01:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

also inverted what is you sig picture?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals