Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
Ken Griffey Jr. Retires
    #427961 - 06/02/10 10:17 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

At least he retired as a Mariner.

No doubt one of the best players to ever play the game.  Would've broken Aaron's record if he wouldn't have had so many injuries late in his career.  One of the most beautiful swings I've ever seen.  First ballot hall of famer, no doubt. :thumbup:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #427965 - 06/02/10 10:21 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That's odd, me and Lucid were just discussing his rookie card today.  Crazy.

I agree with you.  He is like the tiger woods of baseball IMO...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
    #427970 - 06/02/10 10:25 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Best player of his generation that didn't use roids. Sad day for Seattle but it came as no surprise. Watching all the highlights and hearing the calls again is great, we better pull this one out for him damnit its 1-1 in the 8th.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #427973 - 06/02/10 10:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
That's odd, me and Lucid were just discussing his rookie card today.  Crazy.

I agree with you.  He is like the tiger woods of baseball IMO...

Quote:

206 said:
Best player of his generation that didn't use roids. Sad day for Seattle but it came as no surprise. Watching all the highlights and hearing the calls again is great, we better pull this one out for him damnit its 1-1 in the 8th.

Yeah, it was kind of sad to watch him have to deal with all the injuries so late in his career.  If he could've just kept up with that pace he was on, I'm not so sure he wouldn't have gotten to 800 homers.  I really don't have anything bad to say about the guy.

There was a terrible call that ruined a guy's perfect game in the 9th inning in Detroit today.  Dude was out by a mile at first and the up called him safe to break up the perfecto.  Such a shame.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
    #427975 - 06/02/10 10:30 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
There was a terrible call that ruined a guy's perfect game in the 9th inning in Detroit today.  Dude was out by a mile at first and the up called him safe to break up the perfecto.  Such a shame.

Saw that and it was a fucking shame. Would have been 3 perfect games in one year. The last time there was 2 in the same year before this year was 1880. Crazy. The universe would just not allow it :smile:

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#427980 - 06/02/10 10:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Didn't Mark Buerhle from Chicago throw one at the beginning of the year??  Or a one hitter or something.  It was in the game where he flipped the ball like between his legs to first while he was upside down n shit.  Right at the beginning of the season.  I swore that was a perfecto too, guess not, they haven't been talking about it.

So far it is:

Ubaldo Jiminez- Colorado- no hitter
Dallas Braden- Oakland- perfecto
Roy Mothafuckin Halladay son- Philly- perfecto

I swore Buerhle was in there too...  damn man...that's fucked up what happened to that guy today.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
    #427984 - 06/02/10 10:39 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Buerhle was the year before. I forgot about Jiminez's no-no too.I watched Chris Bosio's no-hitter live as a kid when Vizquell made the bare-handed grab and gun to save it. Just had to look it up and now I feel old. Friday,April 23, 1993. Also remember Cone and Wells throwing them back to back years on the yankees in the late 90's.

Pretty amazing that only 20 guys have thrown a perfect game in 125~ years and so many of them in the juiced small-park era. Gotta love baseball.

--------------------
|

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#427989 - 06/02/10 10:45 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ok Buerhle got his last year??  It was just the throw under the leg thing at the beginning of this year I remembered then.

Yeah, I remember Cone and Wells.  Years later, Wells actually said he was still a little drunk from the night before during his perfect game hahaha.  Yeah dude, perfect games are not easy to throw.  I mean you can go throw a nono and hit people and walk people all day, but to be perfect, 27 up and 27 down.  That's fuckin awesome.

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
    #427990 - 06/02/10 10:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
|

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #427992 - 06/02/10 10:46 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Jimenez is still the best pitcher in the major leagues this year. He's just fucking insane so far! Congrats to all the perfect games, but you can't touch a 10-1 record and .78 ERA before JUNE even starts! :eek:

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #427996 - 06/02/10 10:49 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

btw, did anyone notice that when that bad call was made the tigers had an error credited to them on the scoreboard? So that makes it not a perfect game right? I can't imagine they would award an error if it didn't allow someone to reach base or advance or something right? I mean like no reason to award an error for a wild pitch or passed ball on a 1-1 count....

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#428000 - 06/02/10 10:54 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
Jimenez is still the best pitcher in the major leagues this year. He's just fucking insane so far! Congrats to all the perfect games, but you can't touch a 10-1 record and .78 ERA before JUNE even starts! :eek:

I think the .78 ERA is just at home isn't it????  Either way though, he is grinding shit up for real.  He's young too.  Rockies need to lock him up long term for sure.  Halladay is throwing too many complete games.  He can't do that shit every single year.  His arm WILL get tired eventually.

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
btw, did anyone notice that when that bad call was made the tigers had an error credited to them on the scoreboard? So that makes it not a perfect game right? I can't imagine they would award an error if it didn't allow someone to reach base or advance or something right? I mean like no reason to award an error for a wild pitch or passed ball on a 1-1 count....

I didn't know they got an error scored to them.  They credited the hitter with a hit though too.  How the fuck can they do both???  That's not right.  If any of you have seen the replay though, he was CLEARLY out and it ruined that guy's perfect game.  There's no way that ump missed that call.  He's been doin that shit long enough to know good from bad.  I've seen his face for years watchin baseball.  I think it was on purpose to be honest.  That ump looks like a muafucker from Missipy (meant to do that) that just couldn't stand the thought of a Latino pitcher getting a perfect game.  That was my first thought anyway.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

#428003 - 06/02/10 10:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

FarBeyondDriven said:
Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:

I think the .78 ERA is just at home isn't it????  Either way though, he is grinding shit up for real.  He's young too.  Rockies need to lock him up long term for sure.  Halladay is throwing too many complete games.  He can't do that shit every single year.  His arm WILL get tired eventually.

Nope, that's through ALL 11 games so far. It's un-fucking-real man. Colorado has never been known for it's pitching but now we finally have our own Nolan Ryan! I mean hell, he pitched a complete game shutout against Lyncecum and two one hitters in addition to his no-no just in the first 2 months of this season

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#428007 - 06/02/10 11:02 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, he's fuckin nasty.  And what's even more crazy about it, is that he's pitching at Coors Field.  That place is notorious as being a hitter's ballpark.  I just hope he's not one of those guys who is insanely good for a year, and then just drops off.  Something like a Dontrelle Willis or somebody like that.  For some reason though, I think he might have staying power.  There's a lot of good, young talent coming out of the Dominican Republic and Cuba and Panama, Guatemala, etc. etc.  I just saw another clip of that call where the kid's perfect game got blown.  I could barely hold my food down. :nonono:

--------------------

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

#428012 - 06/02/10 11:07 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Wow...Armando Gallaraga is handling that very well.  I would be fucking livid if I were him.  I cannot believe that.  I mean...wow...that's all I can really say.  The ump admitted he missed it though...he's mad at himself in the interview that he's given.  Wow...:nonono:

I'm gonna go ahead and take back what I said about the ump doing that on purpose.  I think he just blew the call to be honest.  If you listen to his interview, you'll know what I'm talking about.  I feel bad for both of them to be honest. :nonono:  I'm a traditionalist as far as not using replay in baseball just because of the way I've always known the game to be, but in cases like this, it needs to be used.  That dude got a perfecto as far as I'm concerned, but the record book ain't gonna say that :nonono:

--------------------

Edited by FarBeyondDriven (06/03/10 12:07 AM)

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #428049 - 06/03/10 12:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

As a Reds fan I enjoyed watching him for many years. He really is a class act

Stephen Strasberg makes his MLB debut in 4 days, I am interested to see if he lives up to the hype

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires [Re: Picklez]
    #428051 - 06/03/10 12:57 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, Griffey was a baseball guy through and through.  He grew up in the game with his dad, I think that had a lot to do with it.  Strasburg is getting a lot of hype.  He makes his debut June 8th I believe.  Gonna be interesting watching him face Pujols for the first time.

--------------------

OfflinePicklez
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #428053 - 06/03/10 12:59 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

You are right, he opens the 8th against the Pittsburgh Pirates. Not a much easier first game opponent.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Male User Gallery

Re: Ken Griffey Jr. Retires [Re: Picklez]
    #428056 - 06/03/10 01:10 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sure that was planned as well.  There way no way they were gonna have him go and face Pujols and Holiday with the Cardinals or Atlanta's lineup or just a lineup in general that would totally destroy his confidence if he got rocked his first time out.

--------------------

Offlinem3kgt
User
 User Gallery

Loc: G-Spot TX
    #428060 - 06/03/10 01:48 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah we stoppd a game of beer pong to do a Ken Griff salute. :etbig:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom