Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Novelty
    #420602 - 05/19/10 06:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The mckenna kind.  I was thinking about how fast we are entering the void of the future.  Everyday is one step closer to the edge.  We are all on our own, learning as we go.  I mean collectively as a species.  There's no rule book on how to properly conduct society.  Everything is getting ever-more complex.  Each day we hear about a new research report suggesting that this causes cancer or that causes cancer.  Each funded by a different lobbying group.  Anyway, i consider myself to be a reasonable, level-headed person and it frightens me to think that we are coming so close to the end or at least likely to experience a giant bottleneck in our evolution.  I am trying to think of a good analogy to use.  We are sooo advanced now we think that civilization collapse only exists in a scifi world.  I sometimes imagine a world where that dumb fucking 22 year old CNA who has 3 kids from 2 different dads and is on welfare and medicaid will deal with the collapse, suddenly she's just as equal to a homeless crack addict (though the addict would actually have an advantage due to thriftiness gained from a life on the streets) and would also be equal to the millionaire.  will people just load up all their guns and put barracks around their home?  I am curious what everyone else has to say about it.  I don't really consider this to be something that may or may not happen.  I think it has to happen.  Humans are not infinite ya know.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
Re: Novelty [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #420606 - 05/19/10 06:12 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Only the people who see the signs are gonna be ready.

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#420607 - 05/19/10 06:13 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i think you may just want it to end. I hear a lot of people talk about this sort of thing here on the growery.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

Re: Novelty [Re: King Koopa]
    #420634 - 05/19/10 06:48 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:orly:  Did you get that from my last post or from a bunch of posts ive made over time?  That's interesting.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #420641 - 05/19/10 06:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I think the younger generation in general would like to hit the Redo button on the planet and fix things in the previous ~250-2500 years that have been fucked up.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #420642 - 05/19/10 06:52 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Good post :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #420670 - 05/19/10 07:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
The mckenna kind.  I was thinking about how fast we are entering the void of the future.  Everyday is one step closer to the edge.  We are all on our own, learning as we go.  I mean collectively as a species.  There's no rule book on how to properly conduct society.  Everything is getting ever-more complex.  Each day we hear about a new research report suggesting that this causes cancer or that causes cancer.  Each funded by a different lobbying group.  Anyway, i consider myself to be a reasonable, level-headed person and it frightens me to think that we are coming so close to the end or at least likely to experience a giant bottleneck in our evolution.  I am trying to think of a good analogy to use.  We are sooo advanced now we think that civilization collapse only exists in a scifi world.  I sometimes imagine a world where that dumb fucking 22 year old CNA who has 3 kids from 2 different dads and is on welfare and medicaid will deal with the collapse, suddenly she's just as equal to a homeless crack addict (though the addict would actually have an advantage due to thriftiness gained from a life on the streets) and would also be equal to the millionaire.  will people just load up all their guns and put barracks around their home?  I am curious what everyone else has to say about it.  I don't really consider this to be something that may or may not happen.  I think it has to happen.  Humans are not infinite ya know.

the dumb people will outbreed the smart people and the smart people will continue to take advantage of them
this will happen for  a while, meanwhile simultaneously fighting wars all over the globe
but catastrophe wont strike til we are dead
and humans will repopulate and it will be much different
in fact thats what they think happened tot he egyptians

--------------------

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#420697 - 05/19/10 08:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

nice conversation you sparked here. maybe if it wasn't dead ended from the first sentence it could of went somewhere.

--------------------
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.

The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions. A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution; does not wish to engage in any controversy; neither endorses nor opposes any causes. Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: Novelty [Re: Coaster]
    #420699 - 05/19/10 08:51 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

eventually the people will take a stand. i think youll all be glad the south is still here because if its anyone who has enough hate to stand up to this shit its the gangster ass nigs down here and the redneck methheads

--------------------
Suck my balls America

Edited by FurrowedBrow (05/19/10 09:19 PM)

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Male User Gallery

#420716 - 05/19/10 09:21 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
nice conversation you sparked here. maybe if it wasn't dead ended from the first sentence it could of went somewhere.

add something to it or gtfo.

--------------------

~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #420718 - 05/19/10 09:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

#420774 - 05/19/10 11:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

its pipe philosophy. waste of mental strength

--------------------

OfflineHarlz

Loc: cloudz
    #420985 - 05/20/10 10:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

King Koopa said:
its pipe philosophy. waste of mental strength

You're a fucking idiot. the mind is strengthened by using and expanding to new ideas and theories..

OfflineKing Koopa
Natty
 User Gallery

Re: Novelty [Re: Harlz]
    #421071 - 05/20/10 02:27 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

You're an idiot. Shit in shit out.

--------------------

OfflineTomCollins

#421136 - 05/20/10 05:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:

Unfortunately, if it collapsed like so, then yes people would barricade and stock guns and steal and fight and kill.

Things are a bit unsteady in the world right now. Countless wars right now, financial collapses, and now a North Korean Sub sunk a South Korean Naval Cruiser.

and no, nobody has a clue whats going on. It's all this he said this she said that bullshit. We've been taught to just listen to people who seem like an authority, when in fact that is the complete opposite of what we should be doing. But then what are we suppose to do? It's a fucking death trap, you don't know who to believe any more.

All these movies coming out about the end of the world. Talks about engaging Iran. Africa is getting worse and worse. Swine flu, aids, cancer. We're running out of fucking oil.

It's fucked up and it's all chaos.

From the chaos, order will arise. That said, it will be interesting to see how our global society evolves over the next 50 years.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom