Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMr Swaga

First Time Grower
    #404068 - 04/20/10 07:58 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey i just moved into my new place and its finally my chance to cut my cost in bud and supplying my own medicine that god gave to me. It is my sacrament. I wanted advice on how to set up my closet its about 4 ft by 5ft. A shelf 6 ft high with 4 ft to the roof. I cannot damage the walls and i was thinking of ways to conceal this room to the best of its ability. I can take pictures and upload for suggestions from some experts on a set up. I was thinkin vegetive and clones on shelves and flowering on the floor with 5 feet of grow room. I wanted to maybe use a sog technique to never run dry and usings a 250wt - 430HPS for both stages. Or possibly to cut back on money use CFLs for veg. there is an air vent above the door that i can use to vent air from closet to my room. Im looking for the cheapest energy efficent set up that can still yield potent buds. I was really interested in the resevior setup for hydroponics. I dont know wether to go hydro or soil. I want to learn to become a breeder and create my own strains eventually. So any advice is good advice im looking to start soon on about a 700 dollar budget.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: First Time Grower [Re: Mr Swaga]
    #404172 - 04/20/10 12:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Whats above you, do you have an attic or crawlspace that you could vent to?

Honestly for that space I would recommend a minimum of 600 watts. I would also encourage you to go hydro, it can be done fairly cheap and the results speak for themselves.

Read as much as you can, if you want to breed, you got a pretty good journey ahead of you.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineMr Swaga

Re: First Time Grower [Re: DieselB]
    #404514 - 04/21/10 08:03 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I hope i can get a chance to upload some pics soon. where are some great places to find lamps. Walmart? Lowes? How abould mylar. I cant find mylar anywhere. Im thinkin internet resources are good i just dont want to send many things to the house.What would you advise in getting a hydro set up that is affordable and easy for a new grower. No water piping set up.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #405304 - 04/22/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

1.) Fuck mylar, use flat white paint
2.) If you're looking for HID lighting your best bet is a hydro shop or online.  You can jury rig some security lights, but you're much better off with a proper setup.  You can find all you need for a CFL grow if you want at the big box stores, but personally I find them to be a waste of time.
3.) Search for hempy grows or DWC grows.  Hydro setups with no moving parts and low maintenance.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineMr Swaga

Re: First Time Grower [Re: coda]
    #409348 - 04/30/10 08:11 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Awesome Id like to do the DWC or the hempy i saw a hempy grow inside a cardboard box that was intersesting im going to try and draw my plans up for yall to see of my closet. I was thinkin bout having a veg section on the bottom and have my mother plants there as well and constantly harvest clones on the top shelves.

what if i painted cardboard flat white and covered the grow area. cus i cant paint the actual walls.

Offlineencryptor
Green Thumb #1
Male User Gallery

#413247 - 05/06/10 07:29 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The reflection of light you'll receive off of Mylar is more efficiency than white paint.  However, depending on the size of your space, white paint might be more economical.  At a hydroponics store, a very wide roll of Mylar is $30, which is worth the money.  Yeah, go with a 600w HID bulb & ballast.  Make your own carbon scrubber, but don't cheap out on your core items!  Go hydro.  READ, Read, read, and read even more until you've mastered this stuff!  Then invite me over to blaze!:syringe::mushroom2:

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First Time Grower [Re: encryptor]
    #413752 - 05/08/10 03:53 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

encryptor said:
The reflection of light you'll receive off of Mylar is more efficiency than white paint.  However, depending on the size of your space, white paint might be more economical.  At a hydroponics store, a very wide roll of Mylar is $30, which is worth the money.  Yeah, go with a 600w HID bulb & ballast.  Make your own carbon scrubber, but don't cheap out on your core items!  Go hydro.  READ, Read, read, and read even more until you've mastered this stuff!  Then invite me over to blaze!:syringe::mushroom2:

Completely untrue.  Mylar and flat white paint are almost identical in reflectivity, maybe around a 3% variance.  Not enough to make Mylar anywhere worth it.  On top of that with Mylar you get uneven reflection resulting in hotspots.  You don't get this with flat white paint.  FWP FTW.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds