Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Arkansas
Hempy Buckets
    #400273 - 04/12/10 06:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Im just wondering if someone has made a good hempy bucket tek and posted it somewhere? Ive done a ton of dirt grows and am looking to step it up a notch. Im just trying to find better info about getting a good root structure started before going to the larger buckets. Also has anyone used AN for these setups?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: Epoo]
    #400276 - 04/12/10 06:41 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Its pretty easy man, click my sig.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #400281 - 04/12/10 07:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

the best way to get good root structure in hempy's before transplanting is just to start your plants in solo cups or even just 1/2 gallon buckets for a couple weeks and then transplant into your final pots once a root ball has been established.

As for a tek, it's pretty simple.

get bucket, drill hole 1" from the bottom, cover with mesh. Fill bucket with 90% perlite, 10% vermiculite and you're good to go.

Also, I'm sure AN would work wonderful in these. I was just about to use it this round in my hempy buckets but I got some GH nutrients for free so obviously I went that route.

--------------------

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #400283 - 04/12/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah, I'm using AN in most of my hempy cups right now, works just fine.

--------------------
If you ain't smokin' dro, you're smokin' reggie. :shrug:

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: DieselB]
    #400406 - 04/12/10 10:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

cool guys I really appreciate the support. I just dont want to make a newb mistake and buy a ton of shit I dont need. Trip do you like those pellets you were using to start your seeds or would you of rather ed gone with the rockwol? what cocktail of products are you using for your grow diesel?

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#400426 - 04/12/10 10:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

My main strains are gonna be getting General Hydroponics Floranova, while my bagseed are using Advanced Nutrients 3-part in Lucas configuration, meaning I only use the Bloom and Micro in a 2:1 ratio for the whole grow. Both batches are going to be supplemented with Dark Energy by American Hydro. The Floranova plants once put into flowering will also be getting GH kool bloom, and possibly Humboldt Gravity towards the end, not fully decided on that one yet.

I usually germinate with the paper towel method and then move to Jiffy pellets, though, with these 7 new plants of known genetics I germ'd straight from the Jiffy pellets and the results were great. Probably going to be using that method from now on.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#400437 - 04/12/10 11:23 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Its pretty easy man, click my sig.

Holy Shit. Trip Im exactly in your spot about 2 months ago. I freak out about nutes also. I dont know why.. Theres just so much shit to buy. I know with my dirt I've had good results just keeping it simple. I guess its when your new to something you just over whelm your self, and damn im really stoned..

Quote:

DieselB said:
My main strains are gonna be getting General Hydroponics Floranova, while my bagseed are using Advanced Nutrients 3-part in Lucas configuration, meaning I only use the Bloom and Micro in a 2:1 ratio for the whole grow. Both batches are going to be supplemented with Dark Energy by American Hydro. The Floranova plants once put into flowering will also be getting GH kool bloom, and possibly Humboldt Gravity towards the end, not fully decided on that one yet.

I usually germinate with the paper towel method and then move to Jiffy pellets, though, with these 7 new plants of known genetics I germ'd straight from the Jiffy pellets and the results were great. Probably going to be using that method from now on.

u completely clarified the whole cup with water or towel thing.

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #400764 - 04/13/10 04:48 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Theres just so much shit to buy. I know with my dirt I've had good results just keeping it simple. I guess its when your new to something you just over whelm your self, and damn im really stoned..

No reason you can't keep it simple with hempy.  The floranova series is a one part system (well two parts, 1 bottle for veg, 1 for bloom).  You can easily get away with just using a bottle of each for a grow and get some really awesome results in the end.  It's pretty similar to growing in dirt except you have more control over what your plants receive as food and when.  It's also a lot easier to fix problems, is cheaper, and IMO a hell of a lot easier then growing in soil.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Hempy Buckets [Re: coda]
    #401188 - 04/14/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So Im assuming that if I bought all these products to do a micro grow.. according to the AN calculator. I would be screwing my self? https://www.advancednutrients.com/catalog/us/shopping_cart.php

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401202 - 04/14/10 02:55 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Shopping cart is not a transferable link, you're gonna have to give us a list. If you wanna describe what kinda grow you're shooting for I could help you with what you're gonna need.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#401205 - 04/14/10 03:01 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Micro Micro
- Size 1 L
$16.00

Grow Grow
- Size 1 L
$12.50

Bloom Bloom
- Size 1 L
$12.50

Mother Earth Super Tea Grow Mother Earth Super Tea Grow
- Size 1 L
$23.78

Grandma Enggy's H2 (Humic Acid) Grandma Enggy's H2 (Humic Acid)
- Size 1 L
$29.76

Grandma Enggy's F1 (Fulvic Acid) Grandma Enggy's F1 (Fulvic Acid)
- Size 1 L
$29.76

B-52 B-52
- Size 1 L
$44.60

Scorpion Juice Scorpion Juice
- Size 1 L
$56.50

SensiZym SensiZym
- Size 1 L
$35.68

Piranha Piranha
- Size 50g
$32.48

Mother Earth Super Tea Bloom Mother Earth Super Tea Bloom
- Size 1 L
$23.78

Carbo Load Powder Carbo Load Powder
- Size 600g
$50.54

Bud Blood Bud Blood
- Size 40g
$23.78

Big Bud Powder Big Bud Powder
- Size 130g
$26.76

Overdrive Overdrive
- Size 1 L
$38.66

Final Phase Final Phase
- Size 1 L
$20.80

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401256 - 04/14/10 08:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well, lucky for you, to get good results, all you need is about a quarter of that list. I'd hit up the first three, may even think about dropping the grow formula. Read about Lucas formula to make a more informed decision on that one, and really other than that.. I would go for the Big Bud Powder. Unless you just really wanna spend the money.

I mean, some of that other stuff may be beneficial, but not necessary by any means.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#401300 - 04/14/10 11:36 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

that's kinda what I was thinking.. just go with the base nutes, and hit a few here and there. I read somewhere the bud candy was basically some hopped up molasses? What do you think of VooDoo Juice?

OfflineDieselB
High Watt Closet
Male

#401305 - 04/14/10 11:59 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Probably right about the Bud Candy, not sure, but a friend of mine used it on a grow and it turned out really nice, tasted good, not harsh. I have nothing bad to say about it.
I have no experience with the voodoo juice, from face value, it looks horribly overpriced. Website would have you think it's liquid Gold, but I'd be skeptical until some real proof was shown.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#402066 - 04/15/10 01:33 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I totally agree about the pricing.. sounds like a new thread topic..

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #402191 - 04/15/10 05:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

dear god, looking at your shopping cart all I see is a large waste of money.

Think simple, make things complicated later once you get the basics down.  To grow in a hydro setup you just need three basic bottles (Five if you count ph Up/Down in the list).

1.) Veg Nutes ("Grow" formulas eg FloraNova Grow)
2.) Flowering Nutes ("Bloom" formulas eg FloraNova Bloom)
3.) Micro Nutes (eg Flora micro)

Even the micro nute bottle may be superfluous if your flowering formula has a high enough concentration of essential micros.  Learn how to use your basic building blocks first, then move on to the advanced set.  You'll only shoot yourself in the foot if you try to jump in like that (most likely end up burning out your plants from overfeeding).

I can second the lucas formula, it's easy to follow and apply to hempy grows, it's cheap, and it's got a wonderful track record of producing quality cannabis.  Look at some of Harry Ballsach's grows, he follows the lucas formula and ends up with some mouthwatering buds.

In short hempy is all about simplicity, follow the KISS methodology and you'll reap great rewards in the end.

--------------------

OfflineEpoo
Stranger
 User Gallery

#402352 - 04/16/10 12:29 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

awesome thanks a ton coda.. I got 20 peeps saying lucas.. over and over again.. I think its time to shut up and take a hint.. lol :thumbup: how does the micro work exactly?

Invisiblecoda

Trusted Cultivator
    #403442 - 04/18/10 10:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It works like any other nutrient you would feed your plant.  "Micro" formula's just contain micro nutrients your plant needs (Mg, Fe, Zn etc).  It's more of a supplement then anything (only needed if your main line does not contain a high enough concentration).  If you use the flora series and follow the lucas formula you'll most likely need this bottle.  If you use the floraNova series then you could probably get along with out it.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale