Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineSteve Buscemi

Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana.
    #396791 - 04/05/10 10:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Been smoking about 10 years now, but as of tomorrow morning I'm quitting tobacco cold turkey and buying some weed to help the process. I smoke  half a pack a day for the last few months since cutting down.
What do you think?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinevolcomstoner
Just one more xanax
 User Gallery

Loc: Gaybec
Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #396792 - 04/05/10 10:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:thumbup: Good luck quitting, at least you got weed to help out.

--------------------

Vas donc jouer dans le traffic

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: volcomstoner]
    #396794 - 04/05/10 10:50 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The only problem is when I'm done toking up I always want a cigarette.

OfflineFRACTALife
Rust Fuckin' Cohle
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Carcosa Flag
    #396798 - 04/05/10 11:06 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: FRACTALife] * 2
    #396801 - 04/05/10 11:18 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Half pack a day for 6 months

Dont sweat it bro, you wont have any withdrawls or anything

You might just get bored and think to yourself "man I would love a cig right now"

And yes I also sorta crave cigs after I smoke weed, but weed is a bronchiodialator so it opens up your lungs and then when you smoke a cig even MORE of the crap sticks to your lungs because theres more surface area

If you find yourself really craving a cig, smell a wet ashtray, thats SURE to turn off that craving cause you realize how FUCKING NASTY cigs are

and if you do decide you NEED one (which you never do) DONT buy a pack, bum one off somebody, When you buy a pack you will have 19 more cancer sticks laying around after you smoke that first one, and that first cig after not smoking for a little while will feel excellent and thats how I have fallen back in to smoking after quitting for weeks or months at a time

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #396806 - 04/05/10 11:35 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Great advice, thanks.

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
    #396807 - 04/05/10 11:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

No problem, Good luck

I have been quitting on and off for the past year or so

Now I buy maybe one pack every week or so and bum out at least half of them

And sometimes I will buy a pack of rolling tobacco cause with that you have to think about it before you smoke, you cant just whip one out and light up

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
    #396858 - 04/06/10 05:15 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Never quit smoking, you just need to have natural tobacco, people who quit are just fools with no willpower.
Quitting is not the answer, you shouldn't quit such a great thing? When you're waiting for someone in the car What will you do?
When you have a poo what will you do?
when your bored what will you do?
Smoking passes time, it helps with stress, it gives a false sense of relief, it makes you look cool and if someone doesn't like the smell you give them a fresh cigarette and get them to smell that then they fall in love with it. 

Without cigarettes you life will never be the same, you will stress you will have withdrawals and feel sick they you will start coughing and one day when you least expect it you will start up again so its pointless JUST DON'T DO IT for the sake of tobacco.

You can only get cancer if its already in your genes so if that's what your worried about don't be cause its just stupid and if its in your genes your gonna get it regardless with or without smoking.
everything is cancer free only cancer is not cancer free.

Don't smell a wet ashtray that's just stupid, smell a fresh cigarette, if you were addicted to putting your cock in asses would you stick your nose in a dirty shitty wet ass???? No you would prolly stick your nose in a clean fresh ass fallowed by your cock.

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineTomCollins

#396871 - 04/06/10 07:18 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
Been smoking about 10 years now, but as of tomorrow morning I'm quitting tobacco cold turkey and buying some weed to help the process. I smoke  half a pack a day for the last few months since cutting down.
What do you think?

I recently quit smoking too. In my opinion, your only going to be able to do it if you truly want to.

Going cold turkey is the best way to do it. The first day will be your hardest. When I went down to Bavaria to go skiing, I didn't buy a pack the morning I left and drove all the way back without stopping or smoking. By the 4th hour I was in super asshole mode, but blasting heavy metal helps. After 7 or so hours it honestly wasn't too big of a deal any more. Then when I got home, I didn't go smoke up - I decided I should just avoid smoking period and avoid my home, if I want this to be successful. I went out to drink with some friends and did not take a pack with me.

That was the second hardest part about not smoking. Drinking and not smoking. Quite honestly though, you eventually reach a point with alcohol where you do not want a cig at all. I tried to get there as fast as I could. That and when your hung over, usually smoking a cig is the last fucking thing I want to do.

To seal the deal, get into running or some kind of activity where you need your lungs. Use music to motivate yourself. When you have nothing to do and you feel that urge coming on, grab your gym bag and head out.

If you want to smoke a cig after you get high, fuck it, roll another blunt.

This worked for me, but I really wanted to quit that's the thing. :shrug:

Also... there is one last thing you may want to experiment with. Ever since I started tripping shrooms a lot, cigs didn't have the same effects on me anymore - I never had any desire to smoke them, but I just did anyway out of habitually and because I would have cravings but it didn't really give me a great feeling anymore. I think that helped me a lot. Another member here said something similar happened to him with acid.

From the little I know of psychedelic research, I understand one possibility is that they can help with addiction and over coming it.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: TomCollins]
    #397117 - 04/06/10 03:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Sorry bud but that sounds like some shit advice, drinking and tripping make me want to smoke the most. I have no pack of cigarettes today so that's how I'll try to make things work. I do have some Fire OG Kush, OG Kush and Betsey and some bubble, so I figure I'll just smoke myself stupid. I also haven't had my coffee today and I feel a headache coming on so I think I'll go drink a few. I feel good about quitting cigarettes I hate the smell and taste now, lately I've been smoking camel filter 99s and that shit really made me want to quit.
:awesurprise:

Invisiblecoda

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: juke adro]
    #397130 - 04/06/10 04:51 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:
*blah blah blah*

I seriously hope what you wrote was a joke.

SB - At a 1/2 pack a day you're not even considered to be any where near a heavy smoker.  With the amount of nicotine your body is used to you should break the physical symptoms of quitting smoking in a few days with the mental side lingering hard for a week or two. IMO the mental addiction never goes away, once a smoker ALWAYS a smoker.  My dad smoked for 30 years, quit 15 or so years ago, and still starts his day wanting a cigarette.  Granted once you get past those first few weeks the psychological desires are much easier to squash and move on from.

Whatever you do, once you quit, DO NOT give in to the "oh 1 won't hurt sentiment".  Smoking just one cigarette while you're in the middle of quitting starts the whole vicious cycle over again.  You're much better off lighting up a carrot then a smoke, or in your case, a nice fat joint.  A boss of mine told me he quit smoking through negative reinforcement.  Every time he couldn't get his mind off of having a smoke he would do 20 sit ups and 20 pushups.  It eventually got to the point where he would avoid thinking about smoking just so he wouldn't have to do the exercises.

Anyways, good luck with it man, don't go the nicotine replacement route if you were thinking about it as it will make it worse.  Most people don't realize that those products are aimed at people who smoke 3+ packs a day.  You're not even considered a heavy smoker in medicine until you hit 2+ packs per day.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: coda]
    #397144 - 04/06/10 05:38 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks man.
I think I'll do a huge bongrip of bubble hash then have a cup of coffee.

OfflineTomCollins

#397840 - 04/07/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
Sorry bud but that sounds like some shit advice, drinking and tripping make me want to smoke the most.

That's the point. If you can overcome the desire for cigs when you want them the most, then everything is cake from there on afterwards. Hit yourself as hard as you can. Do you not see my logic? How can you expect to quit smoking in sobriety if you can't quit when your fucked up? It makes no sense to me.

This is just my opinion. I'm not preaching to you at all. I was just sharing my experience and what happened to me. :shrug: I'm sorry if you find it to be very poor advice, I'm sure something else will work better for you.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: TomCollins]
    #398107 - 04/07/10 10:58 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Well it's been over 24 hours since my last cig and I'm not really nicking at all, I drank a pot of coffee and didn't have any cigs at all
:eek::eek::shocked::vaped: 

I did smoke a lot of weed and hash though.:lol:

Edited by Steve Buscemi (04/07/10 10:59 PM)

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #398155 - 04/08/10 12:44 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I approve of it! Good job dude! I'm inspired by your change in lifestyle. :thumbup::thumbup:

Smoking weed is much better for you than cigs. Then again, I'm no doctor.

I hope the best on your quitting those nasty sticks......
Remember, it takes time, lots of dedication and relapse is always an evil monkey sitting on your shoulder, waiting for you to make a mistake.....:monkeydance:

Good Luck Quittin' Steve! :gethigh:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
    #398156 - 04/08/10 12:56 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Aw man, I smoked so much weed when I was quitting smoking! It helped TONS though. I smoked for 15 years and haven't had a cigarette since August. You can do it!

--------------------

InvisibleSimisuM
Male User Gallery

Loc: Israeli in Flag
Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: 13eetleJuice]
    #398164 - 04/08/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

me and my girl friend quit smoking a little over a month ago now, on my part i've been wanting to do that for a LONG time now but since i knew it was futile unless she would join me i just kept on, tired to smoke less and less but basically the same...

until one day i said "fuck it" no more... it was kind of strange, with less craving and whatever, whenever i thought about smoking i just told my self all the nasty things tobacco does to me and that more or less worked.

after that point when my girl finished her pack of rolling tobacco she just stopped too. i took the opportunity to really clean out everything, the ashtrays the lighters, left over rolling papers and filters, started making all the laundry to take out the smells from everything....... it was really different walking in the home after that!
and i'm VERY happy about it now.

my girl on the other hand has more problems to deal with it... she started eating lots of sunflower seeds and bubble gums. and finally about two weeks ago she discovered the pot of cannabis leaves i've been curing since last year (exactly for the purpose of making tobacco free joints) and when ever she really wants to relax she'll roll one.

since quitting i only took a few puffs from her cigs or joints and that was enough to remind me how much i don't want to smoke anymore.
i do however miss cannabis more and more but unfortunately i'm not in the right state of mind to be smoking weed, i wonder if i'll ever feel ok with it...

anyway good luck!
my own suggestions are... replace the habit with good habits!
drink a glass of water, take a couple of minuets to breath/meditate, remind your self how bad cigs effect your body/mind, how they smell/taste, how much money you spend on them, all types of cancers and shit, being a weak asshole to hide behind a cig instead of facing life full on...

again, good luck!

--------------------
It's a WEED man!

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: Quitting Cigarettes with help of Marijuana. [Re: Simisu]
    #398564 - 04/08/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

This is the end of my second day without a cigarette and I feel great, The only thing weird is I'm smoking a lot of weed and hash but I feel a ton of strange extra energy........ not in chewing my fingernails and pacing sort of way, just extremely awake and alert even though I'm really really stoned.:stoned::smile:

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
    #398694 - 04/09/10 01:22 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Wow, that's really weird....more energy?

Maybe its because you are no longer dependent on nicotine (a stimulate) for energy, so you have natural energy. Or, it could be the weed your smoking is all Sativa and its those "energetic" highs.....who knows, could be both.

Just 3 more months, and you're in the clear! I heard a scientist say that, after 3 months of commitment, you can easily go for a life-time.

Keep it up Steve B.!  :smile2::thumbup:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineTomCollins

#398710 - 04/09/10 01:54 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
This is the end of my second day without a cigarette and I feel great, The only thing weird is I'm smoking a lot of weed and hash but I feel a ton of strange extra energy........ not in chewing my fingernails and pacing sort of way, just extremely awake and alert even though I'm really really stoned.:stoned::)

I know what you mean. When I quit cigs, I felt motivated to go to the gym and to go running more frequently.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom