Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Gold Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Black Tea Tek
    #397029 - 04/06/10 12:13 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Hey guys,

I'm in the process now of germinating my new seeds. Last plant came down today. Thank god. It just went on for waay too long...

Anyway, I thought I'd give Buddy Guys black tea tek a try out and post the results on here.

Waters boiling as I type. :thumbup:

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

Loc: Québec
Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: TomCollins]
    #397459 - 04/07/10 02:09 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

chamomile tea is the way to go and stops fungus and damping off, buddy guys ways are unethical

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: juke adro]
    #397512 - 04/07/10 08:20 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:
buddy guys ways are unethical

Care to elaborate on that? I've never heard the word unethical used to describe anything but breeding in this hobby. Using any kind of tea is certainly not conforming to "accepted standards" or more than 1-2% of growers would do it.

I also fail to see how his methods are immoral, wrong, dirty, improper, unfair, etc. Don't throw people under the bus if you aren't going to elaborate.

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/07/10 08:22 AM)

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: Crusty Ass Bastard]
    #397515 - 04/07/10 08:21 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:lol: yeah I don't see how any sort of tea can be considered unethical.

--------------------

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#397521 - 04/07/10 08:41 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You have to water the tea down, you make a normal tea then bin it then use same bag and do it again pour most out then fill with cold water and use that. buddys tek does not tell you that he just says he makes tea lol. How is it a tek when it gives you no instructions. His ways are unethical!

Chamomile has been used for plants and seeds since god knows when, it adds flavor helps support healthy growth and stops damping off and fungus and heaps more I'll vouch for it.

--------------------

I eat animals and most things that live in the sea, I'm not green but I smoke it and I litter to keep cunts like you in a job so fuck off.

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #397584 - 04/07/10 10:17 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:
You have to water the tea down, you make a normal tea then bin it then use same bag and do it again pour most out then fill with cold water and use that. buddys tek does not tell you that he just says he makes tea lol. How is it a tek when it gives you no instructions. His ways are unethical!

Chamomile has been used for plants and seeds since god knows when, it adds flavor helps support healthy growth and stops damping off and fungus and heaps more I'll vouch for it.

What you actually outlined is vague at best. I think everyone knows you water tea down. I think everyone knows how to "make a normal tea". The only difference you actually outlined is...you prefer chamomile and re-use the tea bag. How fucking ethical of you!

What you're actually trying to say by misapplying words is...there is a right and a wrong way, your way is the right way and Buddy's way, which you have never tried, is the wrong way.

Since you vouched for it I'm sure we're all going to be doing it in no time though...

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/07/10 10:20 AM)

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#397587 - 04/07/10 10:25 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You're a idiot!  There is no my way.
Buddy posts rubbish and thats that, Buddys posts give no help whatsoever, if you wanna suck up his ass and defend him good for you mr 400 posts with a TC tag, NO not everyone knows to water down the tea why the fuck do you think people ask questions here don't be stupid, your just defending a retard and trying to look cool when you actually look like a dick.  THERE IS NO BUDDYS WAY  his "teks" are faulty and no help to a noob so stfu and bye. I refuse to post in MC with retards such as your self and buddy :bye:

Edit: I'm not saying black tea is shit or anything like that I'm saying buddy is shit, he copys the info then changes it so much that it comes out wrong and are not teks just edited copied works with all the good bits missing leaving room for mistakes. If I was trying to be smart like buddy and know everything about the science behind MC I would not spell tannic with one N. Look through all his posts and you will see all his errors and over time his errors change to the correct way, why is this so? because he is a noob and wants to look good like your self only you have some exp though trying to put your head where its not needed is your problem.

and a read for you and Mr tannic man ..........
Quote:

Buddy Guy said:
Tanic acid from the tea will cleans the husk from any bacteria and help soften the husk.

Tea is grown in about 30 countries but is consumed worldwide, although at greatly varying levels. It is the most widely consumed beverage aside from water with a per capita worldwide consumption of approximately 0.12 liter per year. Tea is manufactured in three basic forms. Green tea is prepared in such a way as to preclude the oxidation of green leaf polyphenols. During black tea production oxidation is promoted so that most of these substances are oxidized. Oolong tea is a partially oxidized product. Of the approximately 2.5 million metric tons of dried tea manufactured, only 20% is green tea and less than 2% is oolong tea. Green tea is consumed primarily in China, Japan, and a few countries in North Africa and the Middle East. Fresh tea leaf is unusually rich in the flavanol group of polyphenols known as catechins which may constitute up to 30% of the dry leaf weight. Other polyphenols include flavanols and their glycosides, and depsides such as chlorogenic acid, coumarylquinic acid, and one unique to tea, theogallin (3-galloylquinic acid). Caffeine is present at an average level of 3% along with very small amounts of the other common methylxanthines, theobromine and theophylline. The amino acid theanine (5-N-ethylglutamine) is also unique to tea. Tea accumulates aluminum and manganese. In addition to the normal complement of plant cell enzymes, tea leaf contains an active polyphenol oxidase which catalyzes the aerobic oxidation of the catechins when the leaf cell structure is disrupted during black tea manufacture. The various quinones produced by the enzymatic oxidations undergo condensation reactions which result in a series of compounds, including bisflavanols, theaflavins, epitheaflavic acids, and thearubigens, which impart the characteristic taste and color properties of black tea. Most of these compounds readily form complexes with caffeine. There is no tannic acid in tea. Thearubigens constitute the largest mass of the extractable matter in black tea but their composition is not well known. Proanthocyanidins make up part of the complex. Tea peroxidase may be involved in their generation. The catechin quinones also initiate the formation of many of the hundreds of volatile compounds found in the black tea aroma fraction. Green tea composition is very similar to that of the fresh leaf except for a few enzymatically catalyzed changes which occur extremely rapidly following plucking. New volatile substances are produced during the drying stage. Oolong tea is intermediate in composition between green and black teas. :snub:

TO OP GL and go by the very last post in buddys thread (not tek) by DelBoycie  and you will be sweet :smile: also try chamomile its pretty good.

Edited by juke adro (04/07/10 01:14 PM)

OfflineDungenessDank
Lord of the Flies

Loc: PNW
    #397594 - 04/07/10 10:31 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Easy der. He actually grows weed unlike buddy. Not everyone may know that buddy is just a copy paste king with no real good reputation at all.

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: DungenessDank]
    #397613 - 04/07/10 11:47 AM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

DungenessDank said:
Easy der. He actually grows weed unlike buddy. Not everyone may know that buddy is just a copy paste king with no real good reputation at all.

I'm well aware, but the fact is he copied it from a source. By that logic, there could very well be some good information in buddy guys posts.

Anyway, may I just say that arguing about which tea to use before germination is plain and simple insanely juvenile.

--------------------
andyistic said:
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#397618 - 04/07/10 12:00 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Man like I said I'm not arguing about which effin TEA, I said and I quote
Quote:

chamomile tea is the way to go and stops fungus and damping off

and then quote again
Quote:

buddy guys ways are unethical

I'm saying buddy is a fake don't do anything in his teks, search others teks, his so called teks are not good nor do they have valuable info, the idea yes but not the actual word they are wrong.

lest say I make a tek for a NOS kit for your turbo car ok, you follow my tek cause its cool and you hear NOS does make the car go heaps faster but little do you know my tek is retarded and you start your car and it blows up and you die cause my tek was a copy and paste from a source that also was wrong or right (doesnt matter) and I edited the shit out of it and now its all wrong anyway regardless cause i have removed vital instructions so you are destined to fuck it up.

--------------------

Edited by juke adro (04/07/10 01:04 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #397623 - 04/07/10 12:26 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I dunno about the "unethical" part of this convo, but Buddy guy did admit to doctoring up someones work to make it look like his own! I do not remember what thread that was in, but sure it was one of his grow tips. That alone makes me think "SHADY"! :shrug:

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #397628 - 04/07/10 12:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

It was the post about feminized seeds I believe.

--------------------
andyistic said:

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #397629 - 04/07/10 12:37 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

I stopped reading at: "I'm not saying black tea is shit or anything like that I'm saying buddy is shit"

Also, I didn't ask for a TC tag and I could care less about it. You implying that the amount of posts someone has on a message board correlates to the amount of cannabis knowledge they posses is pretty telling.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

OfflineTomCollins

#397631 - 04/07/10 12:43 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

206 said:
You implying that the amount of posts someone has on a message board correlates to the amount of cannabis knowledge they posses is pretty telling.

On these message boards, there is zero correlation between the two.... Unless it's an inverse correlation. :tongue:

--------------------
andyistic said:

Invisiblejuke adro
I hate fat vaginas
 User Gallery

#397646 - 04/07/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

The thread is from here He changed his first post to just a link but so you cant see the full impact now but its still a look into him, Also I use word I don't know the meaning to so forgive :stoned: my unethical ways LOL, I should have said buddy guys ways are silly/wrong/fake/dishonorable???? :shrug:

Anyhow IMA use black tea on my eye tonight cause its weeping like a willow

--------------------

Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #397648 - 04/07/10 01:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

juke adro said:
Anyhow IMA use black tea on my eye tonight cause its weeping like a willow

I'm going to smoke a fat bowl of A+ medical marijuana, I'll be thinking about you though. I like what you did with this thread.

Thanks for the 0 star rating too, I returned the favor. Now please, back to the shroomery or off-topic.

Note that he just edited the post and removed the part about wanting to be banned from cultivation forums. I guess he changed his mind?

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (04/07/10 01:17 PM)

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #397656 - 04/07/10 01:11 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Yes, let's get this thread back on track please!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Offlinemoogles
    #397662 - 04/07/10 01:20 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

blah blah blah

Yes, buddy repeated/copied information. It's what we all do.

No need to hate Juke, just correct him where he is wrong and go about your way

Invisible13eetleJuice
The ghost with the most
Male

Loc: 6' under fertalizing bud
Re: Black Tea Tek [Re: moogles]
    #397685 - 04/07/10 01:36 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

You guys don't seem to understand. I would love to correct Buddy where he is wrong but, the issue is more complicated.

Buddy SELLS himself as a CULTIVATOR with many many grows under his belt. That is an outright LIE. He has never grown ganja. I don't mind that he hasn't. I don't give a fuck. Some of you around here have this MC Knowledge and Experience pissing contest. I don't give a fuck and don't claim to know shit about growing but, what I most certainly DO know is people and buddy guy is a fraud.

Why is it important for EVERYONE to know this about buddy? Because buddy hands out information without having the knowledge or experience himself to know whether or not the info is bogus or legit. THAT'S FUCKED FOR NOOBS LIKE ME THAT WANNA LEARN ABOUT MARIJUANA CULTIVATION HERE IN FUCKING REALITY!!! Which is a place that Buddy Guy does NOT reside.

He's got problems. I don't judge him for that but, he's watering down these boards with info that hasn't been proof-read but ACTUAL cultivators. The post that juke adro linked you guys to about feminized seeds is a classic example. Magash had to come chime in and let everyone know that the article buddy stole and tried to pass off as his own knowlege/work was actually fucking bullshit info anyways!!

Now, back to the topic here... about the tea, the only thing that juke adro is trying to tell you guys is to fact check buddy's tek with OTHER VERIFIABLE SOURCES on the internet as ALL of buddy's works posted ANYWHERE on the net are collections of data taken by an amateur and should be taken as such. His work still has value, the reader however needs the FOREWARNING to know that the info may or may not be valid for his/her particular application.

That's not quite all I have to say by a long shot but in an effort not to derail the thread about tea any further I'll cease but, THIS at least needs to be said. Buddy Guy is a PEST here at the Growery. That is NOT a flame, it's merely my opinion based upon his dishonest, self-masterbating, err contributions if you can call them that (considering that someone with REAL experience still needs to go over all his WISE GROW TIPS and let me, the noob, know whether it's legit or not, because I, like Buddy, shouldn't just believe any and everything I read.

--------------------

InvisibleDrGreenThumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: Phish Tour Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #397693 - 04/07/10 01:44 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Holy shit, I was only gone a few hours and this is what happens? I just want to say,
Quote:

juke adro said:
There is no tannic acid in tea.

I read this on wikipedia when this tek first came out but I kept my mouth shut.

AND

Check out my new Grow Journal coming out later on tonight. All my new gear has arrived!!! :awesomenod:

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.” -Dr. Seuss

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale