Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Oh shit ether
    #394609 - 04/02/10 01:12 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

:uhoh:

"I have done ether a lot over the past year or so. But these last 3 days I have done ether from 11:00pm to 3:00am every night. I know that was stupid, but there are other people who would do this too. My ether trip tonight was soooo unbelievably terrible.

Tonight while I was doing ether it started off even a little weird. Instead of having minor visualizations there were streams. I kept on doing more ether. Eventually I noticed a whole bunch of shapes. These shapes quickly turned into a full sized human in a suit. (Blue semi see through man) He was real enough that I was able to feel some type of matter when I touched him.

This scared the hell out of me. To make matters worse he was holding some type of gun, He aimed the gun at my head and started firing. I heard the noise of the gun firing and I even felt a tapping on my head/shoulders where he shot me. Every where I moved to try to evade his bullets he aimed at me and shot me some more. It was the most intense and scary 20 minutes of my life. Let me remind you that the definition of reality is being able to hear, feel, and see something. It was real to me, TOO REAL."

Erowid Experience Vault

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecjesseg
Earth. Water. Air. Fire.
Male User Gallery

Re: Oh shit ether [Re: ChillWillis]
    #394619 - 04/02/10 01:46 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Ususally, visuals (either in a dream or on a visual-inducing, psycho-active drug) are caused by feelings toward oneself & everything around you.
The man with the gun shooting at you could be a result of guilt.
Maybe you feel guilt for something you've done recently, or in the past.
The man could represent guilt, & the bullets could be the pain that's caused from it, maybe?

Idk, i'm no "brainotologist" so you can just disregard this reply if you wish.

--------------------
"She quickly stood up & looked down, the door on her shoe had gotten larger.
Her shoelaces then quickly took hold of her hands, which caused her to sneeze.
She spit on the puddle of liquid rice to her left, hoping it would release the toads from their chains.
It did nothing.
Desperately she bit into her arm-chair, hoping, praying the bird will hear her call.
"Get the lock!" Sponny yelled.
But was too late.
The door had opened.
She quickly grabbed her shoe & threw it, spilling & exposing the contents inside & relaseing those things."

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Oh shit ether [Re: ChillWillis]
    #394620 - 04/02/10 01:49 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

So the Erowid write up is you or are you copy and pasting to this forum?

Not sure what to say about this, but find a safer drug! Inhalants are just hobo drugs IMO, something you see the homeless guy at the corner huffing cause he has no money to buy any real drugs!

I would say the man in your dream shooting at you was definatly your guilt(The man) telling you that if you keep huffing that shit, your gonna be dead!(the gun)

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

OfflineChillWillis
old school fool

Re: Oh shit ether [Re: SpaceMonkey]
    #394630 - 04/02/10 02:01 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Oh no, sorry for any confusion. That is not me I just came across it in my wanderings..

Pretty crazy shit though, right?
I never even knew about ether til I watched Fear and Loathing again.

--------------------

It's not a war on drugs, it's a war on personal freedom.

OfflineSpaceMonkey
Mind Pilot
Male

Loc: Hawaiian Islands Flag
Re: Oh shit ether [Re: ChillWillis] * 1
    #394637 - 04/02/10 02:24 PM (13 years, 11 months ago)

Here is a history of ether taken from here

Ether was discovered in 1275 by Spanish chemist Raymundus Lullius.  This new discovery was given the name "sweet vitriol."  In 1540, the synthesis of ether was described by German scientist Valerius Cordus.  At about the same time, Swiss physician and alchemist Paracelsus discovered the hypnotic effects of ether.  Later, in 1730, German scientist W.G. Frobenius changed the name of sweet vitriol to ether.

Scientists and physicians used ether for many different things, but not yet as an anesthetic agent.  In 1794, English physicians Richard Pearson and Thomas Beddoes used ether in the treatment of phthisis, catarrhal fever, bladder calculus, and scurvy.  These treatments were performed at the Beddoes' Pneumatic Institute.  A little later in 1805, American physicians used ether to treat pulmonary inflammation.

The first surgical anesthetic use of ether is credited to Dr. Crawford Williamson Long, MD, age 27, of Jefferson, Georgia.  On March 30, 1842, he removed one of the two tumors from the neck of Mr. James Venable under ether anesthesia.  Apparently, he had used ether for minor surgery as early as 1841, and had originally learned about ether during "ether frolics" while in medical school at the University of Pennsylvania.  Unfortunately for Dr. Long, he did not publish the results until 1848, appearing in The Southern Medical and Surgical Journal.  As we will see later, this was well after W.T.G. Morton's demonstration.  Therefore, the credit of the discovery was initally given to Morton.

In c1844, Hartford, Connecticut dentist Dr. Horace Wells, age 29, focused his career on the promotion of nitrous oxide anesthesia.  Dr. Wells tried to promote his nitrous anesthesia technique in the Boston medical community without much success.  He even used the influence of former dental partner Dr. William T.G. Morton, whom had good standing in the local community.  They had a shared dental practice back in 1843, and earlier, Morton had actually been tutored in dentistry by Wells.  Finally, Dr. Wells was allowed a public demonstration in January 1845 at the Massachusetts General Hospital.  The demonstration failed, perhaps due to an insufficient dose of nitrous.  Humiliated, Wells left Boston and returned to Hartford.  He continued his futile promotion of nitrous oxide, but this was later surpassed by Morton's success in Boston.

Despite Dr. Wells failure, chemist and physician Dr. Charles T. Jackson saw interest in his work, and consulted with Wells on the properties of both ether and nitrous oxide.  Dr. Jackson was a professor at the Medical College of Massachusetts (Harvard).  Dr. Morton, a dentist, was also a pre-medical student.  And guess what?  Dr. Jackson had tutored Dr. Morton in 1844, preparing him for medical school.  Well, Dr. Morton began to receive information about the use of ether from his friend and colleague Dr. Jackson.  In 1846, after learning more about "ether frolics," Morton began secret experiments with ether.  He experimented on himself and on small animals at his home in West Needham, Massachusetts.  On September 30, 1846 at 9 p.m. in his Boston office, he painlessly removed a tooth from city merchant Eben H. Frost.

FYI - Morton claimed to be a graduate of the Baltimore College of Dental Surgery.  However, research has found that he never attended dental or medical school, and no records exist of him taking any university courses.  However, in 1852 Washington University in Baltimore granted him an honorary M.D. degree.

To further continue reading this article click the "here" hyperlink at the beginning of this post. There is a part 2 to the story there!

--------------------

:guns: Don't Mistake My Kindness For Weakness :guns:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom