Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed)*CO2 supp. via chem. reaction* [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #387118 - 03/19/10 11:12 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

*** Young Plant: Last Day of Vegging (sadly) ***

Date: March 18, 2010 (late last night)
Seed was planted on: Febuary 5
Day 43

^Photos were taken at night. Serious drooping going on here, not sure if its from the CO2, vinegar fumes or the baking soda...Growth has been good.

Today's Date: March 19, 2010
Seed was planted on: Febuary 5
Day 44

Afternoon: 1:30pm

Evening:
9pm

^I noticed very quick drooping-to-stiff leaf cycles. This one is 7 hour difference. I also saw this in the last post (March 15). I wonder why this is happening (I hope its not the baking soda + Vin. chem. reaction).

Total height now: 6 1/2" after 44 days total of growing. That's almost 1/8" of an inch per day (pretty slow right?).

My CO2 Supplementation system:
The system has been working pretty good, there are some issues that keep me worried. First, the dripping of the Vinegar is constant and will not stop if the aluminum tray (which I using now) fills up. Not the best thing to leave going on for a long time, unintended, unless you have a huge vat that cannot overflow.
Another problem with the Baking soda + Vin. reaction is there's a lot of waste. The waste is a substance called Sodium Acetate. Its not poisonous or anything, but it doesn't seem to be very friendly on the environment if I bag it up in plastic bags. The organic growers are going to hate me now, I just know it. But, after I use my last 5 boxes of B.S., I will not be using it anymore. I'll try something else maybe.

Humidity: Because these plants grow best in 50-60% humidity (according to this Growery document), I wanted to increase it with Perlite. I did get some good results by adding 2 trays of it during the dark cycle. It went up to 50% rH on my meter. But, when the fans turned on, it was back to 40% or lower at 38%. No matter how much I wet the 3 perlite trays, I couldn't get anymore humidity. Oh well.

Flowering: It will begin Saturday Morning, March 20 due to time-constraints. I will begin preparing the flowering cycle by changing out the 26-27watts 5,000K and 6,500K bulbs for 3 large 42 watt 2,700K ones. Besides the lights, I will be changing my digital outlet timer to 12-hour running time, set for 6am to 6pm. Also, I went to the garden store to pick up some FoxFarm Big Bloom and Tiger Bloom nutrients, but they were closed. So, on Saturday Morning, I'll pick them up and use them immediately.

I hope I get at least some budz. Not looking for much, just enough for a couple nice bowls....so here we go.

Flowering Starts March 20....
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (03/19/10 11:16 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #387124 - 03/19/10 11:16 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Pick up a bottle of Ph up and Ph down, its not too expensive. And it would help you out if you think that the baking soda and vinigar arent working out too well. I'm pretty impressed by the way that Ph up and Down work. Just a few drops and it raises my Ph considerably.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: Triptonic]
    #387133 - 03/19/10 11:22 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

OK, is that what its called, "Ph Up and Ph Down"?

Also, what does that have to do with the baking soda and vinegar? Can ambient CO2 from the reaction change the pH inside the soil?

But I'll look for that Ph Up...stuff, is it pretty common or is it one of those hydro store specials?

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #387136 - 03/19/10 11:27 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

You can get it on ebay :shrug: but yeah its called ph up and down.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) *CO2 supp. via chem. reaction* [Re: Triptonic]
    #387140 - 03/19/10 11:30 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Oh, I gotta order it off the Net...I think I'll pass. I'm trying to stay away from the Net to save some money. If I was loaded, everything would come off the Net....

But thanks for the tip!
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinehopanshrubman
The Rabble Rouser

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: Triptonic]
    #387141 - 03/19/10 11:32 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

THC, I wish you best of luck flowering your baby girl. At least after this first plant you will have mad experience and KNOW how to grow :]

I am also experiencing low humidity in my grow room, around 38%, thinking about trying your perlite-in-tray technique, that was pretty ingenious I must say.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #387143 - 03/19/10 11:47 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Thanks buddy, that means a lot to me. I think she'll do just find in flowering. It won't be much yield, but at least it'll be something to enjoy.

Yeah, now I know how to grow, exactly. I know what do now, and what not to do. Like don't wait too long to use nutrients, and don't water lightly frequently: water once in a while, and soak it heavy. If I never did this grow log, I would be *still* doing all those wrong things....I love Growery, and I love the people here! So kind, helpful, and understanding. Nothing quite like it.

And that perlite idea: i actually got that idea from the Shroomery when I was growing shrooms. I figured if you could use it in a Fruiting Chamber to up the humidity, why not for plants? It works pretty good, when the fan is off. When its on, it really makes little difference. Maybe you need A LOT of it to work with the fan. But its cheap at $5 a bag, so its all good. Also that holes-in-side of tray trick I learned from the Shotgun Terrarium design: high air-flow. I think it works pretty good for trays too.

And when you make the trays, make sure you too put lots of holes on the side. The wicking up effect makes it better for the perlite to release the water to the air. And use about a shots worth of hydrogen peroxide per 24 fl. oz. to prevent molding. Other than that, its pretty simple and cheap! :thumbup:

Thanks for the encouragement HopanMan :awesome:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: hopanshrubman]
    #387144 - 03/19/10 11:49 PM (14 years, 12 days ago)

That's gonna be a nice plant man... I think we'll all be impressed.

Also good call on the PH up and down... That Tiger Bloom is extremely acidic and will definitely need some adjustment.

Are you thinking about your pot-up before flowering?  Gonna stick with the same medium?
A bigger pot will also help out with moisture content and the drooping/perking.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: Triptonic]
    #387181 - 03/20/10 06:18 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Pick up a bottle of Ph up and Ph down, its not too expensive. And it would help you out if you think that the baking soda and vinigar arent working out too well. I'm pretty impressed by the way that Ph up and Down work. Just a few drops and it raises my Ph considerably.

Can you fucking read? He's mixing vinegar and baking soda to create co2 not to buffer his soil

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: captain.koons]
    #387189 - 03/20/10 08:06 AM (14 years, 12 days ago)

trip dude...he doesn't grow why the fuck does he continue to lie

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Loc: New World
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #387440 - 03/20/10 09:06 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Hey THC, looking good man. dint realize you had a log or I woulda checked it out when I was trying to answer a question of yours, silly me I pay no attention to the obvious sometimes lol. Hey I wanted to comment on that drooping perking thing; I too have experienced this from time to time. When the lights come on, they perk up as the day passes, mostly close to lights out they droop somewhat. This has never caused a problem tho. I kno verticillium wilt can cause a plant to droop during the day and recover at night but thats the opposite of what you and what I have had.

I believe its partly due to the plant positioning itself to catch more light during the day, then at night just laying normally, that is, when all other obvious reasons for this are ruled out like over or under watering things like that. Whenever I planted outdoors I noticed this too so I think its just that, thing is different strains react and look different while this is happening. Just an experienced observation tho, no real fact in that.

Like I said tho, it dosent pose a treat, I kno I have everything dialed in so nothing im doing is wrong. I just pay it no mind pull in nice yeilds.

Cant wait to see that sexy lady showing her goods lol, nice job so far bro. :thumbup:

--------------------
Everything is fictional, I dont even exist.

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: Union420]
    #387449 - 03/20/10 09:18 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Thanks for researching Union! That's awesome...

So you're saying that the drooping happens no matter what? Because mine was drooping during the light phase (when I was vegging). Is that normal too? But it would also droop during the dark phases, so I'd check the soil by digging it yup a little and check the moisture, which was usually dry.

So the drooping for me usually means it needs water, but since drooping also looks like overwatering, I find it all confusing...

Yeah, I hope her budz look pretty sexy. I got like three 42 watt CFL's going on her now, should be enough light, I hope.

Thanks for stopping by Union.
:thumbup:
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #387513 - 03/20/10 10:16 PM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Well, its more of a curling droop with yellowing if it progresses, that is the overwatering, wheras the underwatering will make the leaves look a bit dry and limp.

Ive had plants droop slightly during the light phase too, but around the time lights out its comming. Like later in the day. I dont really have facts of why it happens, I just assume its the whole positoning thing and the plant kinda knows when the dark period is close so it starts to droop IDK, lol, Kinda like tired from workin all day lol.

--------------------

OfflineInbred_gimp
Herb Connesuir
Male User Gallery

Loc: Beyond the wall of sleep
Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: Union420]
    #387604 - 03/21/10 05:18 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

My plants like fully go to sleep at night and can sometimes take a little while to fully wake up maybe this is what's happening with your lovely lady,  all is looking good man :jah:

--------------------

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reaction** [Re: captain.koons]
    #387634 - 03/21/10 08:28 AM (14 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

captain.koons said:
Quote:

Triptonic said:

Can you fucking read? He's mixing vinegar and baking soda to create co2 not to buffer his soil

Can you not be a fucking dick?

Quote:

^I noticed very quick drooping-to-stiff leaf cycles. This one is 7 hour difference. I also saw this in the last post (March 15). I wonder why this is happening (I hope its not the baking soda + Vin. chem. reaction).

I read that and figured he was using them to buffer his soil. Dont jump down my damn throat when something doesnt go your way.

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #387645 - 03/21/10 09:23 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

I have a hard time being polite when you seem to give blind advice.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Invisiblemhbound
Ballin out at all cost
Male User Gallery

Loc: High Flag
    #387655 - 03/21/10 10:07 AM (14 years, 10 days ago)

:facepalm:

--------------------
Suck my balls America

OfflineUnion420
Horticulturist

Re: All CFL Semi-Auto Closet Project (FirstGrow)('Flower' Seed) **Now w/ CO2 supp. via chem. reactio [Re: Inbred_gimp]
    #387699 - 03/21/10 12:02 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

Hey Inbred, what do you mean by "go to sleep" are you referring to the drooping/perking? By taking time to fully wake up I take it you mean take on the "praying to the light look?"

--------------------

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #387795 - 03/21/10 02:13 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

If the quality of your advice depends on your ability to read perhaps you should keep it to yourself as you do more bad than good.

This isn't the first time I've seen you give advice on cultivation related to a question but totally inaccurate based off of flawed theory and not a shred of science or sound theory.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#387801 - 03/21/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 10 days ago)

mod edit; I was hoping you'd be mature enough to change this yourself after I logged a warning for you. I guess I was wrong

Edited by Harry_Ba11sach (03/21/10 02:44 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals