Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a lazy stoner, but... [Re: MFDoom666]
    #378668 - 03/04/10 10:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MFDoom666 said:
Quote:

206 said:
I try to make something awesome for lunch every day. Today I made a calzone:

What is something you guys do that people wouldn't think you do? Besides copious amounts of drugs I mean.

holy shit man.

that looks fucking delicious.

cooking is the only way to go.

Thanks dude.

Pizza crust dough
Tomato sauce
Pesto
Mozzarella
Ricotta
Italian sausage
Salami
Pepperoni
Jalapenos
Onions

Baked at 400 for 20 mins

Stamp down the edges with the bottom of a fork to meld it.

Its a guaranteed crowd pleaser for $15~

I love food

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Edited by Crusty Ass Bastard (03/04/10 10:48 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a lazy stoner, but... [Re: coda]
    #378673 - 03/04/10 11:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

What is something you guys do that people wouldn't think you do?

Hard question to answer, but amateur photography and spinning records I guess would be two that aren't fairly obvious.  I also helped start the Philly chapter of DanceSafe and used to go to various events and set up harm reduction booths.

Word dude. I was a raver for 6 years before it got inflated with underage booty and the wrong crowd. There was this Haiti relief party with stages titled PLUR and what not but there were still 3 fights at the party? WTF?

DanceSafe was the shit though, I used to have all the cards with all the substances that described them until they got lost in translation. 

I read lots of books, I play with lots of fire toys and fire effects, I spin vinyl and digital all though I am not primo at it yet. I love working and tinkering with bicycles. This year for the burn I am attaching two handlebar controlled flame throwers that will come out the back of my furred out 1960s Banna Seat Cruiser, behind that will be a trailer with two big speakers and everything will be decked out in lights. I paint and draw a lot. I cook a lot of good Chinese cuisine. I can speak conversational Chinese and German.

Invisiblecoda

Re: I'm a lazy stoner, but... [Re: Dephect]
    #378839 - 03/05/10 04:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I was a raver for 6 years before it got inflated with underage booty and the wrong crowd.

Heh, trust me, the rave scene died long before you got into it.  I started going into parties in 94, 99-2000 marked the end of an era for me.  I went to parties for 4-5 more years after that, but it was just a bastardization of what I once loved.  I miss it a lot, but it's just the natural order of things.  Once something moves from the underground to the mainstream it's never the same no matter how hard you try.

--------------------

MFDoom666: sobriety kills my buzz every time.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
    #378866 - 03/05/10 06:10 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

makes you wonder about the changes our little subculture will undergo post-prohibition of caannabis.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
Re: I'm a lazy stoner, but... [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #378977 - 03/06/10 01:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

coda said:
Quote:

I was a raver for 6 years before it got inflated with underage booty and the wrong crowd.

Heh, trust me, the rave scene died long before you got into it.  I started going into parties in 94, 99-2000 marked the end of an era for me.  I went to parties for 4-5 more years after that, but it was just a bastardization of what I once loved.  I miss it a lot, but it's just the natural order of things.  Once something moves from the underground to the mainstream it's never the same no matter how hard you try.

When I started the CO scene was still going when I got in mang. I don't know exact years because I have done lots of drugs and all the parties seem a blur but I am 21 now. I started when I was 13 and went to my first party didn't go for a year or two and finally when again and realized how amazing and free I could be. First party was at a public storage warehouse facility and Qbert was throwing down some sick beats (yes he spun at a rave). The reason I stopped for a few years is because I saw a girl OD on pills that night, they were Brown Ladies and I have always known to not fuck with brown or black pills (I took some Black Omegas and they fucked my world up for a few days). I started again and I witnessed the any day underground whenever wherever, slowly fade into something that everyone does on a Friday or Saturday night at a licensed venue. Back when phat pants and visors were still the shit that even the girls wore and you couldn't find the place unless you dialed the hot line and followed it to the map point to figure out where the fuck it was, when people still handed you drugs like candy, I was there man.. You can't tell me I came into my scene when it was dead when it was very much alive, even if the DEA and other authorities were trying to crack down on them by then. I know I didn't witness the original but I know underground mang, and the parties I went to back in the day were definite underground.

But sadly I'm over that raver shit now just like you, however that was just a stepping stone to the burner world, where the party is a week long. Burner Culture is truly my home, I went to my first regional event and felt like I have been going my whole life.

Honestly though, I really don't look at underground or mainstream like black or white. I look at it as, is it a good party or not? I could give a fuck what other people think about the party or how many people are there as long as I have a good time and the music is good. Which is the reason why I quit, there are so many two monther CDJ spinning vinyl skipping pansies out there that play shitty music. HOW CAN YOU FUCK UP ON A SYSTEM THAT PRACTICALLY MIXES FOR YOU! I don't want to listen to a 1 hour trainwreck (believe me I have). All the promoters care about now a days is who can make them the most money.

Rant done. I'm sure you understand.

OfflineSlave of Cthulhu
Marijuana Connoisseur
Male User Gallery

Loc: R'lyeh
Re: I'm a lazy stoner, but... [Re: Picklez]
    #379025 - 03/06/10 09:17 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KillerPicklez said:
:noose:

When I saw the rope, I thought you were gonna say, asphyxiate yourself while masturbatin but then I actually read what you said and yeah... Haha...

--------------------

Invisiblecoda

#379441 - 03/07/10 11:54 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Oh believe me, I understand.  Sorry if my post came off pinning you down as one of the "I listen to old skool techno, like daft punk" wannabes.  Wasn't my intention.  Usually when I hear "yah i was in the scene for 5 or 6 years" they come from people who hopped on the bandwagon in the early 00's and wouldn't know Dieselboy from Feelgood if they didn't have a set list to look at.

Don't knock on the cdj's and systems like traktor.  Believe me, in the hands of a talented DJ they are amazing tools to have.  You don't need to spin cd's to suck, you can do that just as easily with records :wink:  I too have set through an hour long trainwreck.  Went to a party when I came to my new town looking to meet promoters and get some gigs.  Had a promoter tell me she wouldn't even consider me until I got her a mixtape, played some crappy time slots, and paid out of my own pocket to get to gigs (talking 2 hour one way trips with tolls).  Then she proceeded to trainwreck through two hours of DnB.  Yah, I paid my dues in philly, don't need to do it again for someone who can't even match a beat.

Anyways, cd's and mp3's are the new wave.  Try and tell richie hawtin he sucks because he uses traktor :wink:  If I had the cash I would be buying the new traktor right to upgrade my outdated final scratch system.  I haven't bought a record in years because they're too expensive, but I could easily drop a few bucks to get more mp3's.  Vinyl = 7 dollars a record plus shipping MP3 = 1-3$ plus instant download.  Also, mp3's will never degrade, vinyl records die out if you play them too much.  Most of my original records sound like hell now because I wore them out.

--------------------

OfflineDephect

Folding@home Statistics
    #379460 - 03/07/10 12:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Word :smile:

Don't get me wrong I understand that the CDJ is the new wave. I have way more digital tracks then vinyl tracks. But when people don't learn the roots and basics first of vinyl it upsets me. Because once you learn that CDJs are so much easier. Everyone should learn how to spin vinyl first, and just because they have money they shouldn't skip the step. Did you learn on vinyl? I know Carl Cox did, I know all the grandfathers of techno did. But they spin on CDJ now and all of them are above amazing DJs. Also there is a abundance of DJs playing out that have only spent a total of 2 months in the bedroom, as long as the promoter gets a mix and they promote for them on myspace.. It sickens me. There is no love for the music.

If I had the money though I would go out and buy a pair of Denon Dn-S 5000s :jointsmile:

Edited by Dephect (03/07/10 12:46 PM)

Invisiblecoda

#379510 - 03/07/10 02:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yah, not only did I learn on vinyl, i taught myself how to do it on a pair of crappy gemini turntable and a semi crappy mixer from the same company.  The transition to the tech's took a bit, but I'm glad I learned on the crappy tables.  I can mix on almost any rig you put in front of me :smile:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder