Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes * 1
    #376218 - 03/01/10 02:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Okay so I have these clones I took and momma is just a really amazing looking plant(to me). Of the 6 clones I took I picked the best three to keep, two for flowering next and one for a mother. Now I am unsure if my selection was really the best. The 3 are growing but I have some question as to wether they will be as good as mom.

I read in Cultivating Exceptional Cannabis about re-greening/re-vegging and think I might try it because I am not happy with the clones and think perhaps I could pull some better ones or turn this plant into my mother after revegging it. can I even do that? is it likely that I will get at least one better clone then what I have or should I just forget it and focus on perfecting other things until I get my hands on some known great genetics in May?

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: pha3r0]
    #376221 - 03/01/10 02:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yes you can reveg. clones. And keep one as a mother.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #376233 - 03/01/10 03:01 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well if they're clones then they are theoretically genetically identical to the mother plant. It doesn't matter if they look better or rooted faster, when all is said and done they will grow just as vigorously and yield identical after they've established themselves in their new conditions. if they don't look as good now it's just because they suffered a little before they had established root systems, but after they've recovered you'll notice the growth is identical.

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: Triptonic]
    #376234 - 03/01/10 03:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

and you didn't read that did you trip.

okay thanks harry I did not know if perhaps I just got some less then prime clones or whatnot. I know they have been in less then optimal conditions so I will just bide my time and enjoy the process.

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

#376245 - 03/01/10 03:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I don't know man... I just burned through the first half of Cervantes' Grower's bible, and he talks alot about taking 'sub-par' clones which can just never perform as well as clones taken under preferred circumstances.

Not to stress ya out or anything they're probably fine pha3r0... What are the basics of how you took them?

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: DudeTron]
    #376252 - 03/01/10 03:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I did them the 'standard' way I guess, 4 nodes down, good bright growth tips, 45deg cut, into water, into powder, tap tap, into a jiffy cube and under a humidity dome. They all took just fine I think I am just trying to compare these to the glory of mom in full bloom, and well, they just don't.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376253 - 03/01/10 03:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

DudeTron said:
I don't know man... I just burned through the first half of Cervantes' Grower's bible, and he talks alot about taking 'sub-par' clones which can just never perform as well as clones taken under preferred circumstances.

Not to stress ya out or anything they're probably fine pha3r0... What are the basics of how you took them?

I don't understand that line of thinking. Does he legitimately think that the genetics are different on his feet than on his head? the DNA is uniform throughout the plant, how can one genetic clone be different than any other genetic clone?

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376258 - 03/01/10 03:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I haven't read the bible but after watching his video I think he means more or less clones from a healthy plant as opposed to clones from the same plant while it was stressed. He refers to things a lot differently then others though almost as if his knowledge is from lore and trial/error instead of scientific fact or research.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #376262 - 03/01/10 03:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yep. my personal opinion is that Jorge Cervantes is a complete idiot :facepalm:

I once saw him refer to Trichoderma as both a fungus and a bacteria in the same sentence. Anyone who doesn't know that fungi and bacteria are completely different has no place writing books.

just my 2 cents

--------------------

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: Harry_Ba11sach] * 1
    #376269 - 03/01/10 03:33 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yup my opinion exactly, he has the look and fills in with parroted semi quality advise. why don't we have more harry's and magash's writing books, oh yeah you can't for fear of prosecution and there is more pressing work to be done.

it's like what his names friend who got the dispensary job because she has tits. Of course we would rather have someone that knows something about the product telling us about it but the other 99% of society only care about the looks of it and who is selling it.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #376306 - 03/01/10 04:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

:shrug:
Looking over it maybe he means crappy clones will never 'catch-up' to the rest of the crop or something... I've gotta get to work though...

Quote:

Harry_Ba11sach said:
I once saw him refer to Trichoderma as both a fungus and a bacteria in the same sentence. Anyone who doesn't know that fungi and bacteria are completely different has no place writing books.

I've heard you mention that before and it really is just unforgivable...

Anyway Pha3r0, maybe even though your clones are growing and flowering, their root system is still not as great as mom's was when she was flowering?  That could be where you're missing the OOmph mom had... 
I wanna see you pull of the reveg... I just like the idea and I'm disappointed it isn't more common practice.

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

#376322 - 03/01/10 04:29 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Well my plan is to go ahead and do it just for the experience as long as I have room. The only thing that may dissuade me from that is my overwhelming urge to go beat the shit out of this one guy who said in the begining I would never grow anything good under CFL's and definitely would not yield more then his. That's the guy who started my buddies last plant which he said yielded 2 ounces(wet) but would never let anyone see the scale. He in hiding now on the other side of town for taking all the bud from that plant and trying to sell it back to the guy who saved it for him and flowered it and never asked for any cash for the electric bill or anything. Pretty much why i got into this whole thing I hated what he did and wanted to see the next one fucking own him. It is :smile:

Now that I am done with that tangent you did make me think of something I didn't yet. These clones were in 2ltr pots until last week, mom was in a 3 gallon pot from day one. the roots are definitely not on par yet. I just need to keep em unstressed and let them fill in there new pots, then I will be able to see if it's really any worse.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #376347 - 03/01/10 04:48 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah harry is right, they should be exactly the same.  First off, the clone is going to be growing alternating nodes from the ground up, not like a seed plant, so obviously growth characteristics in that regard can be different, but the final product, yield potential, everything will all be constant, considering you have them dialed in.  Stress will obviously slow the clones down a lot so if they are fully rooted and aren't keeping up pace, something is wrong.  Pics?

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: Re-vegging, clones and phenotypes [Re: Inverted]
    #376381 - 03/01/10 05:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I know they have been cold off and on and instead of letting that stress them I went ahead and got a heater for there box.

You say they will alternate branches but the 3 that I chose to keep I chose specifically because they were still putting out 2 banches per node, I did that cause I figured it would give me more side branches faster. seeing how the other 3 that were growing alternating branches are now I figure it doesn't make a difference though they just space the nodes out more.

In a little bit when I am done smoking this resin I just scraped I am going to go take a new picture because I have an interesting thing that happened and I want too see what the pros think about it. But all in all they look better then in those shots now I think I am just being impatient and they are focusing on growing bigger roots instead of the tops right now.

--------------------
- Thomas Szasz

- mhbound

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale