Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineOrganicWayzzzz
OrganicCult

Books anyone?
    #374025 - 02/26/10 10:59 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone know of a good book for someone new to start out with?
Here's an Amazon link taking you to a few. Any suggestions?
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=growing+marijuana

Let me know Im just feeling it all out still.

--------------------
I wish I had something to say, but I guess I'm okay with something to smoke.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMoJoBro
Quality control
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Books anyone? [Re: OrganicWayzzzz] * 1
    #374034 - 02/26/10 11:26 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Jorge Cervantes Marijuana horticulture(the indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible).
Great book, lots of info. Lots of color pics, Great for the inexperienced to advanced gardeners. Everything you need to know to start out.

I grow by this book: Organic Marijuana Soma Style.
This book is more of a compendium for the grower who has some experience. But great techniques in there! i swear buy it. Nothing beats fully organic!

Cheers and happy reading,
-Mojo

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
Re: Books anyone? [Re: MoJoBro]
    #374036 - 02/26/10 11:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Marijuana horticulture(the indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible).

:thumbup::thumbup:
Best book I have come across on the subject...

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

OfflineCrusty Ass Bastard
Pheno Hunting

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Cultivator
    #374037 - 02/26/10 11:32 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MoJoBro said:
Jorge Cervantes Marijuana horticulture(the indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible).
Great book, lots of info. Lots of color pics, Great for the inexperienced to advanced gardeners. Everything you need to know to start out.
-Mojo

This. I still flip through it daily.

--------------------
|

Skunk Train (Most Recent) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed) | G13 Haze (Completed)
Cinnibis Rolls | Indoor Peppers

"The secret of improved plant breeding, apart from scientific knowledge, is love." -Luther Burbank

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374039 - 02/26/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MoJoBro said:
Jorge Cervantes Marijuana horticulture(the indoor/outdoor medical grower's bible)

This is what you want.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

OfflineOrganicWayzzzz
OrganicCult

#374040 - 02/26/10 11:41 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MoJoBro said:

I grow by this book: Organic Marijuana Soma Style.
This book is more of a compendium for the grower who has some experience. But great techniques in there! i swear buy it. Nothing beats fully organic!

Cheers and happy reading,
-Mojo

Thanks for the input, buddy.
Ill take a look @ soma style. ftw if I can find it.

--------------------
I wish I had something to say, but I guess I'm okay with something to smoke.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Books anyone? [Re: OrganicWayzzzz]
    #374097 - 02/26/10 01:41 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I've never read soma style.  Its in the plans though.  Jorge's MJ horticulture first then Marijauna botany by r.c. clarke.  read those two books cover to cover and you'll have a great understanding of cannabis cultivation.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Books anyone? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #374101 - 02/26/10 01:59 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Soma's book is pretty much garbage and yes I've told him that to his face. Like I've proved so many times it's not funny his method of doing female seeds is fucking crazy. He charges up the ass for his seeds and he doesn't even produce them. He has other growers do it for him and he doesn't even quality check their grows. He uses customer response to judge how they are doing. That is just plain fucked up.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Books anyone? [Re: Magash]
    #374103 - 02/26/10 02:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

and I wasted years growing organically fighting with other growers over weather organics tasted better or not so I did this test a while back using hundreds of people and over two pounds of weed. My grow experience is over 25 years indoors and even more time outside.

Here is a copy of the post I did when I did the test.

OK, I have been growing since the mid 80’s and the entire time I’ve heard how organic bud is better tasting and such. I always felt that this was true just cause when you listen to why it is suppose to be better then buds grown with synthetics or chemical nutrients it seems to make sense. Then I saw this show called bullshit with Penn and Teller and the subject was organic food. I saw the test that they did and I just had to do em with buds.
Well the test was done at 3 different clubs and with a group of growers in Mendocino County. The strain used was Granddaddy Purple.
People were allowed to try free samples of organic grown and buds grown with General Hydroponics nutrients. Flora Nova and Kool Blooms.
Now the samples
2 plates of buds with labels showing but the buds switched. Organic buds in the hydro plate and hydro buds in the organic plate. 2 plates with no labels and the buds were in the right plate. Then for fun (he he he ) two sets of plates one with organic buds in both plates and one with hydro buds in both plates.

The results.
Buds in the right plate but no labels showing  73% of people picked the hydro buds as better tasting and smoking buds.

Buds in the plates with the labels showing but with the buds switched 87% picked the organic side with the hydro buds in the plate. (Even so far as going and saying they can taste the soil then getting very pissed when shown the bud they picked)

Then the same buds divided into two and put into labeled plates. So what I mean here is buds from the same plant put into two plates with different labels to see if anybody would notice. In both sets of plates 87% of people again picked the Organic as better tasting in both sets even though it was the same bud divided into two plates. I heard comments on how the organic tasted “earthy cleaner, less salty, and one who insisted that the organic buds burnt better then got pissed when told he picked hydro in every instance.

Both sets of buds were flushed for one week before harvesting.

Conclusion is that properly grown hydro buds seems to be as good in every way as organic buds.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #374107 - 02/26/10 02:14 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
Soma's book is pretty much garbage and yes I've told him that to his face. Like I've proved so many times it's not funny his method of doing female seeds is fucking crazy. He charges up the ass for his seeds and he doesn't even produce them. He has other growers do it for him and he doesn't even quality check their grows. He uses customer response to judge how they are doing. That is just plain fucked up.

I read a post over at ic where Soma apologized for low germination rates and just explained that it wasn't him growing it. I read another post where he was called out for being a shady grower since his seeds sucked and he just said he didn't grow them.

Nigger is brain dead.

I read a article by Shanti saying in the 90s he gave Soma a bunch of plants which Soma crossed to his various skunks then started his seed company?

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Books anyone? [Re: captain.koons]
    #374111 - 02/26/10 02:18 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yup, Shanti is right. Soma has great genetics to work with but take a look at his strains. There just mixes of the same strains over and over and over again. Same thing with DJ Short who uses the same 4 strains in everything he does.

--------------------

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #374114 - 02/26/10 02:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

That's fucking lame.  I'm glad we have you here to tell us things like this. :thumbup:

Serious fucking asset to this site...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals