Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Emerald City Flag
On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds?
    #363739 - 02/13/10 06:27 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'm way far away from harvesting, but I'm trying to plan ahead, because I want to meet my goal of harvesting right before 4-20 (April 20) of 2010. I'm on a pretty tight schedule that I made for myself, so I need to know how long it takes, on average, to dry freshly-grown and matured buds. This drying will all be done indoors.

Here's some weather info on where I live....

Willamette Vally, Oregon: It rains a lot and is usually cloudy.

Temperature are temperate: cold at night, semi-warm during the day.

Typical humidity inside my place: 40-50% rH.

So, how long does it take? And whats the fastest way to dry it, or is there only one good method?

Thanks for the help
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTheShroomJew23
The Chemist
Male

Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #363749 - 02/13/10 06:47 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

It takes me about a week to dry and a week to cure and my drying room temp is 72.5F and the RH is 31%

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: TheShroomJew23]
    #363750 - 02/13/10 06:51 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A whole weeK! Oh man, it does not look good....

Is there anyway to speed it up, say using an oven on low temp or using dessicants like kitty litter?

If not, I guess I'll be eating fresh brownies for 4-20.

~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Edited by TrueHerbCrystal (02/13/10 07:54 PM)

OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: TrueHerbCrystal]
    #363752 - 02/13/10 06:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There are quick drying methods but it wont be the same quality

If you want some on 4 20 just quick dry a little of it and cure the rest properly

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #363762 - 02/13/10 07:45 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

NobodyImportant said:

If you want some on 4 20 just quick dry a little of it and cure the rest properly

:thumbup:

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: KaptKid]
    #363887 - 02/14/10 01:40 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

KaptKid said:
Quote:

NobodyImportant said:

:thumbup:

Offlinethe man

Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: Triptonic]
    #364474 - 02/14/10 10:44 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

ya take it off the stem and will dry in like a couple days i imagine. but like they said best to dry slow, air dry a day or 2 then paper bags a few more untill it is dry enough to go to jars. remember the stems carry alot of moisture so it can feel cracker dry but you put in the jars and alot of moisture can still come out. try not to learn the hard way about moist buds in a jar!! haha... Cure is key!

peace

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #364523 - 02/14/10 11:17 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

HerbofTruth I gotta tell ya buddy, I don't honestly think you're going to be flowering by 4/20 with any reasonable amount of smokable bud :frown:  if you want your plants to be done flowering in time you need to switch them to 12/12 within the next 6 days at the latest unless it's a very fast flowering strain... if I were you I would just take your time and buy a sack on 4/20. it'll be SO worth the weight when you get a free 2 ounces in may versus a free 2 grams in april

--------------------

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #365058 - 02/16/10 01:18 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Now there's a nugget of truth my friend...

Actually, what I am planning to do is grow it until maybe the 25 of this month (Feburary), then cut a branch off and do a clone, but I'm afraid that's not nearly enough time to grow a branch of any size. How long does it take to grow 2 branches?

So, according to this info from the site I shopped at, the vegging time isa "35 - 45 days", is that under super ideal conditions, making it totally unrealistic to "regular" growers? What's a typical veg time for a plant grown from seedling?

And the "Flowering time" is 7 weeks...is that a fast flower time? And is this under ideal conditions? Will mine be longer since I'm using soil and CFL's?

My other idea is to veg into the flowering time, like 3 weeks, do a clone from a branch, and then do a short flowering time that is only 4 weeks. Is that a bad idea? I know it sounds like I'm really im-pay-shint, but my Golden Goal is to have at least *some* budz for 4-20. I'd be even down with making brownies from fresh, 3 week-short-of -done-flowering immature buds if I have to.

"It'll be SO worth the weight when you get a free 2 ounces in may versus a free 2 grams in april"

Very nice pun Harry! Doesn't get any dankier than that....:gethigh:

If Only I Could Go Back in Time...
~ TrueHerbCrystaL ~

Offlinethe man

#365061 - 02/16/10 01:34 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

good luck cloning a plant in flower man. next to impossible to get to root. if thats what you meant, pretty sure it is cause thats why you think you can flower or only 4 weeks?? aswell as you will probably have very few trichomes produced on the tiny buds that will be at 4 weeks. making them pretty useless for brownies

ya that 35 days is a bit short but all that means is less flowers. longer veg is worth it. dont be so hung up on such a silly date. you will be SOOO much happier if you are patient and let everything reach its potential!

peace

OfflineTrueHerbCrystal
Uncertified Oregrowian
Male User Gallery

Re: On Average, how much time does it take to dry fresh buds? [Re: the man]
    #365065 - 02/16/10 02:02 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I guess your right...its just a silly date. I thought it was a sacred holiday for weed lovers, but I was wrong....

Oh yeah, I wasn't going to clone the plant *during* flowering, I was going to veg for 2-3 more weeks, then *right* before switching to "flower mode", I was going to clip and branch and clone it, and that would be my big plant later, with the abundance of yield at the end.

That, or I was going to just veg it completely and then harvest a bunch of green leaves and make some weak brownies.

I just want like 1-2 grams for 4-20 day minimum, to celebrate. Is THAT not even possible in my tight time schedule? What about after harvesting, could you cut a branch and clone it or is it too late for that?

Maybe I should just sprout my last seed, and make that my main plant....what do you think? Should I germinate another one?

Procastanation: My Greatest Downfall
~ TrueHerbCrystal ~

Offlinethe man

#365067 - 02/16/10 02:39 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

you are better off taking a decent branch and cloning it earlier so it has roots and then put that into flower the 2-3 weeks later :smile: look into SOG thats what your doing just with one little girl instead of lots.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder