Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use
    #335766 - 12/24/09 12:50 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

"KopBusters rented a house in Odessa, Texas and began growing two small Christmas trees under a grow light similar to those used for growing marijuana. When faced with a suspected marijuana grow, the police usually use illegal FLIR cameras and/or lie on the search warrant affidavit claiming they have probable cause to raid the house. Instead of conducting a proper investigation which usually leads to no probable cause, the Kops lie on the affidavit claiming a confidential informant saw the plants and/or the police could smell marijuana coming from the suspected house.

The trap was set and less than 24 hours later, the Odessa narcotics unit raided the house only to find KopBuster’s attorney waiting under a system of complex gadgetry and spy cameras that streamed online to the KopBuster’s secret mobile office nearby."

http://hightimes.com/news/ht_admin/4869

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLivinSublime
OG New Jack
Male

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: pftek]
    #335793 - 12/24/09 06:37 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
"KopBusters rented a house in Odessa, Texas and began growing two small Christmas trees under a grow light similar to those used for growing marijuana. When faced with a suspected marijuana grow, the police usually use illegal FLIR cameras and/or lie on the search warrant affidavit claiming they have probable cause to raid the house. Instead of conducting a proper investigation which usually leads to no probable cause, the Kops lie on the affidavit claiming a confidential informant saw the plants and/or the police could smell marijuana coming from the suspected house.

The trap was set and less than 24 hours later, the Odessa narcotics unit raided the house only to find KopBuster’s attorney waiting under a system of complex gadgetry and spy cameras that streamed online to the KopBuster’s secret mobile office nearby."

Respect man,
I would love to be the attorney standing there waiting for them,

Id look at em and be like..."uh huh, ya fucked up now didnt ya?"

--------------------
Ahh, Its Bootsy Baby.

InvisibleFarBeyondDriven
Truthfully, I'm a bullshitter
Male User Gallery

Loc: Greenbow, Alabama
    #335799 - 12/24/09 07:22 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

:congrats:

"Investigating to see if any laws were broken."

Interesting case though about his daughter.

--------------------

Edited by FarBeyondDriven (12/24/09 07:25 AM)

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: FarBeyondDriven]
    #335803 - 12/24/09 08:13 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

this happened last year.

there should be an update somewhere. turns out, all that work might actually be getting that girl out of prison!!!

they had someone testify under oath they planted weed on her, and she still got convicted...

Offlinepha3r0
Stranger

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Pilze]
    #335810 - 12/24/09 08:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah i heard about this when it happened, his daughter that is. when i saw the video from the 'raid' it was pretty clear that the Odessa narc's were overstepping their authority by just a bit.

Oh and the 'tip' that they had was supposedly from a preacher who related to either the judge or one of the narcs and he didn't even live or work near the targeted home.

It goes without saying here if they think your dirty and you wont give them cause for a peak they will bend rules until they have it. Until its 100% decriminalized they will get away with it most the time because they just trying to keep the kiddies safe...right

now off to  :bigblunt:

--------------------
"The proverb warns that, "You should not bite the hand that feeds you." But maybe you should, if it prevents you from feeding yourself."
- Thomas Szasz

"if you arent good with electricity dont go touching it...ive electrocuted myself twice...its no fun"
- mhbound

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #335929 - 12/24/09 02:41 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

We have posted on this before, it ended up being a load of shit to sell DVD's. The guy sets up the garden and within two days the cops are raiding it.  They got the power use, the infrared, and the warrants in two days with no narcs.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Magash]
    #335933 - 12/24/09 02:45 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Magash said:
We have posted on this before, it ended up being a load of shit to sell DVD's. The guy sets up the garden and within two days the cops are raiding it.  They got the power use, the infrared, and the warrants in two days with no narcs.

it wasnt a load of shit, and the "grow" lasted for 6 months, i believe it was.

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #335937 - 12/24/09 02:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
Quote:

Magash said:

it wasnt a load of shit, and the "grow" lasted for 6 months, i believe it was.

Quote:

pftek said:

--------------------

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #335941 - 12/24/09 03:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Like I said load of shit to sell DVD's

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Magash]
    #335946 - 12/24/09 03:20 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

in the video they say they spent 6 months getting the house ready being all careful and shit with throw away phones and encrypted email.

so if they had just set it up and within 24 hours they got raided, then what were the cops doing? constantly driving up and down every street using FLIR on everyones houses?

who cares if they did it to sell DVDs. they just brought crooked cops into the spot light.

OfflineKaptKid
Spaced Pirate
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bright Side of the Sun
    #335952 - 12/24/09 04:02 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I live in that state.Just a few crooked cops of the many.

--------------------
Child of the 60's, Tripping ever sence.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #335961 - 12/24/09 05:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If your so worried about getting busted, then don't grow man.  A 1000 watt light only increases your bill about 35 bucks a month.  It's not that risky.  I have been doing this for 5 years running 2-3000 watts and they never question it.  And if you live in Texas and want to grow, move.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineCannaboid
Gang Green Gang
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #335965 - 12/24/09 05:31 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Texas isn't a butthurt drug-hating state as most people think it is. Well, maybe in some parts, but in Austin its anything but hated.

--------------------

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Cannaboid]
    #335981 - 12/24/09 06:07 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i got arrested for growin bud years back. cops here said its more difficult to get search warrants in this state than somewhere like florida, where they can get search warrants over the phone in 15 minutes. they need good evidence to get a warrant. (will not disclose information about my case)

recently on the local news, there was a segment dedicated to indoor marijuana growing operations. it was the police asking the public to help spot grow houses since they can't seem to get the job done by themselves. more indoor grows are popping up than ever before, apparently.

anyway, you really gotta slip up to get busted. dont tell anyone what youre doing, and if you let someone know, make sure its someone you absolutely trust. (BTW no one should be in your house that you dont absolutely trust in the first place.) dont throw shit away, pay your bills on time. take care of the odor, and never answer the door for anyone you dont know is coming over. that is IF youre growing at your house.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

#336301 - 12/25/09 04:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Pilze said:
i got arrested for growin bud years back. cops here said its more difficult to get search warrants in this state than somewhere like florida, where they can get search warrants over the phone in 15 minutes. they need good evidence to get a warrant. (will not disclose information about my case)

recently on the local news, there was a segment dedicated to indoor marijuana growing operations. it was the police asking the public to help spot grow houses since they can't seem to get the job done by themselves. more indoor grows are popping up than ever before, apparently.

anyway, you really gotta slip up to get busted. dont tell anyone what youre doing, and if you let someone know, make sure its someone you absolutely trust. (BTW no one should be in your house that you dont absolutely trust in the first place.) dont throw shit away, pay your bills on time. take care of the odor, and never answer the door for anyone you dont know is coming over. that is IF youre growing at your house.

did they know about your electrical usage?

OfflinePilze
Funky Monk

#336304 - 12/25/09 04:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

i only had 1 150 watt light and a 100 watt CFL i think it was...

they knew nothing about my plants. i lived with a fucking moron at the time. i got caught in the middle of it.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#336314 - 12/25/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I remember posting this a long time ago lol.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/293194#293194

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Triptonic]
    #336329 - 12/25/09 06:39 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
I remember posting this a long time ago lol.
http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/293194#293194

I've seen his DVD. I never saw where they busted the cops with the note anywhere in his movies.

InvisibleTriptonic
Male

#336339 - 12/25/09 07:25 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Hmmmm dont know, maybe I lied. LOL.

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: really fucked up... cops busts just on electrical use [Re: Triptonic]
    #336348 - 12/25/09 07:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Triptonic said:
Hmmmm dont know, maybe I lied. LOL.

just found out that it's a DIFFERENT show that he is trying to produce called kop busters and not never get busted.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck