Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclosetgrower
Student

Question About Auto Flowering
    #323732 - 11/30/09 04:08 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks!

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 12:01 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: closetgrower]
    #324059 - 11/30/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Autoflower strains are produced I dont think there is a very high chance of you getting autoflower bagseed. what was the quality of the weed?

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#324083 - 11/30/09 08:37 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

closetgrower said:
Hi Guys,

I have a question about autoflowering genes, and their identification.

All plants in the garden are currently under 18/6. After about 1 month, 4 herbs that were started from bagseed began to show preflowers. Within several days 3 of these plants had grown clusters of male preflowers that were quickly growing. A few days after the males appeared, one female appeared with very clear female preflowers, overnight. I maintained the female plant under the 18/6 light cycle, and it appears to be budding. It has continued flower production for the last month And does not appear to be stopping.

Do these 4 plants have autoflowering genes. Do autoflowering properties appear frequently in bag seed?

I may think of other questions later.

Thanks!

Are you sure?

AF strains usually flower before a full month of 'vegging'. My LR hybrids AF'd within a couple weeks; 4 weeks tops.

If she is flowering, keep it that way. Pictures would be nice, too.

I wouldn't be surprised if AF got into bagseed somehow. AF strains are beginning to become a bit more popular.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: meatcakeman]
    #324205 - 11/30/09 10:05 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

For sure AF strains are on the rise.  All things considered, getting AF seeds makes sense since AF growers will need to grow some plants with seeds from time to time to keep things rolling.

Your plants are behaving exactly like autoflowering..so go with it and grow some good buds.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineDudeTron
 User Gallery
Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: Azyle00]
    #324385 - 12/01/09 04:05 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's crazy man... I've just found out my bagseed are AF too...

I figured this to be a crazy improbability... but I guess it really depends on the popularity, which like meatcake said, is becoming moreso.

I just found out where these came from too... A giant bag of shake from at least two years ago, and was who knows how old at the time either...  You been diggin through big ol shake sacks from the pacific northwest lately?

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: DudeTron]
    #324492 - 12/01/09 12:17 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

According to the guy who's posts were used for the CFL perpetual harvest grows in the info section, autoflowering genes would be appearing more and more frequently, causing potential problems for indoor growers.

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 12:07 AM)

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

#324904 - 12/01/09 09:06 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 04:28 PM)

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #324920 - 12/01/09 09:58 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

If it's flowering I wouldn't transplant.  That's just asking for problems.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#325875 - 12/03/09 01:57 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

closetgrower said:
I have a new question!

The AF female is in a 2 gallon container, and I'm sure its rootbound. Its been in the container for a month.

Would this plant benefit from being replanted in a larger volume container at this stage of flowering? Or do I risk shocking the plant by repotting it while its autoflowering?

Eh, depending on the heft of your plant, transplanting into a bigger container may or may not really make a difference.

Pictures! They would really help.

Transplanting could also really harm your plant right now. If anything, try and transplant your AF clone into a larger container to see how the two plants differentiate, since they are exactly the same specimen genetically. Cloning AF's are fairly hard.

Do you want to tell us how you did it? It has been done before, but I like to ask just because you obviously did something right.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleMystery420
Guerrilla grower
Male User Gallery

Loc: United kingdom
Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: meatcakeman]
    #325880 - 12/03/09 02:38 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Well maybe the weed was auto flowering? Strange one are you sure you lights arnt on 12/12 lol

Edited by Mystery420 (12/03/09 02:39 AM)

Offlineclosetgrower
Student

Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: Mystery420]
    #326116 - 12/03/09 03:30 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Edited by closetgrower (12/14/09 12:08 AM)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #326174 - 12/03/09 05:10 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Don't transplant it imho.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Question About Auto Flowering [Re: Azyle00]
    #326197 - 12/03/09 05:50 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

I agree.  Unless you are a seasoned gardener, there will be some sort of stress put on your plant, and that is what you want to most avoid at this time in the flowering cycle. 

It really depends on your plant.  I have pushed plants to the extreme in terms of potting size, as to determine how it effects the plants and what I can get away with while still pulling average yields.

Obviously the larger your container, the larger your yields, and vice versa.  This is all occurring TO A POINT though.  With my current project, I managed to VEG my plants for 30 days in 16 oz. keg cups.  I wouldn't recommend this to every grower but it definitely can have it's advantages, such as being able to fit many more plants in a small footprint.

I'm trying to grow my plants with less branching, and more focus on a small plant with a main cola, that way I can have 8 females in the same space that I would usually only house 3-4.  They almost grew like a dwarf, with the plant having the correct number of nodes for it's age, yet the foliage seemed to have been miniaturized as a result of rootspace.  I saved a LOT of space using this method, and was able to save on containers and soil, as I waited until determining sex before transplanting.  I was able to save 50% of my soil stash by not wasting it on males. 

As soon as I transplanted to newly determined females, the foliage started growing rapidly.  New growth wasn't prominent, yet the existing structure of the plant became much stronger (Stalk, leaf stems, leaf size) and I could barely even tell that it was starving for space just days previous.

I hope i'm not confusing you guys with this information, just trying to explain results i've experienced over the years.

Now on the other end of the spectrum, the years that I tried giving my plants a lot of space (20-30 Gallons), I really noticed certain characteristics such as much thicker stalks, slightly more vigorous growth, more consistent health (more constant moisture levels), and possibly most noticeable, were the massive fan leaves.  Now I would only recommend this type of size for outdoor, as the plants want to get huge with huge amounts space.

You also WANT to transplant as the plant grows.  If you take a fresh seedling and plant it in a 3 or 5 gallon container, it will be harmful in the sense that the plant needs to be able to suck up the water you provide in a timely manner, thus allowing the roots to dry a bit and breath some oxygen.  If the roots are sitting in sopping wet soil for too long, rot will be inevitable and the seedling will die.  I usually start in keg cups for 2 weeks, then move to 1 gallon and either flower in 1 gallon, or transplant to a 2 or 3 gallon container.  I have found that using this method allows the roots to breath more, and I have achieved more rapid growth rates than other methods (straight to large container).

I hope this information is valuable enough to be read by many people, mainly because I took the time to type it out.

:happyweed:

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds