Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: Integra21]
    #316358 - 11/16/09 01:10 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 78

Unfortunately the White Widow seems to have some sort of deficiency, my guess is Ca deficiency caused by a bit too acidic soil, I'm trying to correct this.
If there's one thing I've learned from this grow it's that keeping a stable pH in a premix soil is a daunting task. Next time I'll mix my own soil and pH buffer it accordingly, or I'll go for a hydroponic system.

The thrips war continues, but it seems I have the upper hand now, possessing the almighty weapon of neem oil and all!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: shrogrow]
    #321774 - 11/26/09 02:25 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Day 86
I've been fighting the thrips for a while now, and it seems they don't care about the neem oil, but my combination of garlic and capsaicin keeps them away for a while. I also covered the soil surface with aluminum too keep them from hiding in there.

The calcium deficiency in White Widow worsened a lot, so I decided to flush the plant and then water it with dolomite. It seems to have fixed the problem. They're entering week 7 of flowering now, unfortunately I think I'm going to have too flower for at least another 2-3 weeks, since they've both been stalled for about a week or two.

Himalayan Gold is densing up, but there's very few trichomes on it, at least compared to the frosty looking widow. They've started to form the last week though, so hopefully it will be frosty too come harvest!

Now for some pictures

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

#325186 - 12/02/09 01:32 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 97
Girls have been flowering for 8 weeks now. I think I'll harvest White Widow next week, Himalayan Gold is really light on the thrichs though, so she'll have to wait two or three weeks more.

Here are a couple of macro shots of White Window!

OfflineIntegra21
Up and coming Farmer

Trusted Cultivator
    #325677 - 12/02/09 09:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Looking real nice and frosty.

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: jwes420]
    #325699 - 12/02/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Inverted said:
Greenhouse Seed Co. comes highly recommended.  They have a very good reputation for acquiring the best strains on the planet.  They are very dedicated to traveling the globe and searching for the best old-world strains and landraces.  Some examples would be Kush's from the Hindu Kush region and Awesome trippy Sativas from Africa, to the densest Indica around from Alaska.  These are just some examples of their ongoing determination to be the best, and it shows.

Wow, thanks for the information and recommendation.  I like the idea of having my own small collection of good sativas some day.  Though i have access to sour diesel currently which happens to be one of my faves, not quite the same, but sooo good.

Quote:

jwes420 said:
Quote:

they'll be under just the one 125W CFL.

Get another cfl in there, it will double your veg. It doesn't need to be 125w. Just divide the wattage into smaller bulbs, the temp will stay cooler dividing the watts into seperate circuits.

The red light is all right for all around sunlight UV's, but is not necassary. The plant in veg only uses the blue light range. Wait until flowering for the hps.

:ganja:
peace

I didn't know this....so if iam using say some compact fluorescent lamps and a fluorescent fixture I want to only have in blue spectrum bulbs during veg? even if i have a few fixtures?  ~P~

--------------------
Shroomery.org

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: Psuper]
    #326137 - 12/03/09 03:52 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

No it's not necessary, there is obviously some blue light emitted from soft white bulbs.

I vegged for 25 days under (6) Red Spectrum CFL's and managed to get some of the shortest, bushiest plants yet, and i'm mainly an OD grower.

I plan to see some pretty dense nugs from the all red cfl's, but i'm also adding either a 150 or 250w HPS to penetrate the canopy better, even though I'm doing a mini-SOG of sorts, so penetration isn't exactly necessary, as the majority of buds will all be at one level easily able to soak up most of the light.

Looking Great Shro!  I like those bulbs and might invest in some for Vegging in the next grow.  You really can't beat Fluoro's for vegging, unless you have a MH... Even then I've seen closer internodal spacing in my CFL vegged than in the MH vegged...

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: Inverted]
    #336618 - 12/26/09 01:48 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Day 121

I haven't had much time to update this journal in a while, not too much have happened anyways. The plants are now in week 11.5 of flowering, so they are about 2 weeks over due, probably because they got stalled because of thrips and too acidic soil. I think I've got everything back on track now though, so I'm looking forward to a harvest in another week or two.

Group

Himalayan Gold

White Widow

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

#344974 - 01/10/10 01:46 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 135
Harvested White Widow today, 90% milky 10% amber. Himalayan Gold still needs a couple of weeks I'm afraid. It's progressing really slowly.
I don't know how much this might be dried, but I'm guessing no more than 20g. Anyone wanna make a guess?

InvisibleInverted
CNC Machinist/Greenthumb
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Star Flag
    #344993 - 01/10/10 02:07 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

I'd say your guess is right on...  Looks like you had a nutrient/PH problem when you were nearing the end.  They should have plumped up more than that.  I have suffered the same exact problem.  Better nutrients also made a big difference..

Nice job for a first grow though!  :thumbup:

Have fun smoking your own bud, nothing better than that.

--------------------
Don't criticize what you can't understand

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

Re: Himalayan Gold and White Widow, 2x125W CFL. First Grow! [Re: Inverted]
    #347081 - 01/13/10 03:41 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Slightly under 40g dried. I'm pleasantly surprised :smile: It might even end up to be a bit over 40g once curing is done since the buds got a bit too try because of the low humidity (<20%). I'll probably have to add a couple of orange peels to my jar to up the moisture levels some I guess(?)

Oh, and I have of course smoke some and it smoked great. Very mindy energetic high and taste was subtle and fruity. I'm hoping the flavors will develop more during curing.

Looking forward to harvest the Himalayan Gold, the buds look much denser and it smells great!

Offlineshrogrow
Stranger

#352383 - 01/23/10 03:37 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Day 149
Himalayan Gold is densing up really nice, she sure is taking her time though.

Here is the result of the White Widow

I'm having a hard time curing it though, since the air is so dry. Anyone have any suggestions? I through in a couple of orange peels from time to time, but as soon as I've left the lid open for a couple of hours, they dry out to an almost crispy state :frown: Is it even any point continue curing once they have been crispy dry?

OfflineSgt. Smoke
File up and smoke down!
Male

Loc: Classified
    #352387 - 01/23/10 03:55 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

A tad crispy is ok. Put the bud in the jar, seal it and the moisture from inside the bud will re-moisten the outer crispy layer. Check the buds every 12 hours. If it regains moisture leave the lid off for a little bit to dry the outer layer. Repeat this over and over until your satisfied the moisture level.

And if need be you can always re-moisten is it's too dry. I've used lettuce and it works pretty good.

Dang man, I wish my first grow looked this good. Right on:)

--------------------
L.O.B.

LEGION OF BUD

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder