Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTomCollins

Foaming in resevoir? Subculture too early?
    #310924 - 11/06/09 03:18 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hi,

So two quick questions:
Well, I installed my biofiltre and discovered this morning foaming on the surface of the water. I don't think it's bad because I just looked up why foaming occurs and discovered it naturally occurs when water is mixed with air via a water fall or waves crashing on the beach. That makes sense to me and sounds like it's a good sign that the water is really aerated. There's not a ton of foam, in fact most of the surface is clear - but it's definitely not bad right? I ask this only because, in the pictures of the biofiltre and systems with aerators, you don't see foam.

Next question: I'm not sure how many people have experience with using predatory bacteria in a hydro setup but I accidentally poured the subculture into the rez a bit too early, due to poorly written instructions (on one page it said to pour it directly into your resevoir on another it said wait 24 hours and pour it into the biofiltre. WTF.) In any case, my feeling is the bacteria I poured into my reservoir may now be dead but I'm not 100%. It said put in 10g per 150-200litres. So, 10g/150litres = 0.06667 x 30 litres (the amount of water in my rez) = 2g is how much I put in. It got poured directly into the rez shortly after the biofiltre was up and running. Needless to say, I don't think the stuff survived... not only because it didn't go into the biofiltre but the water was still untreated for it to survive. Now, would it be an extremely bad idea to add say 1.5g into the biofiltre later today like the instructions indicated? Would this harm my plants or screw up my nutrient solution? Otherwise, I'll just wait for the plants to drink the rez dry then do it properly next time around.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (11/06/09 11:15 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Foaming in resevoir? Subculture too early? [Re: TomCollins]
    #311515 - 11/06/09 09:37 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Well depends. Is this foam bubbles that go away fast or is it foam that hangs around for a while?

It should be ok to ad the 1.5  grams.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Foaming in resevoir? Subculture too early? [Re: Magash]
    #311627 - 11/07/09 03:23 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, alright so I added the 1.5g and also the foaming has completely disappeared. It hung around pretty much all day yesterday, but this morning poof - water surface was nice and clear.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Foaming in resevoir? Subculture too early? [Re: TomCollins]
    #313505 - 11/10/09 04:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

:thumbup: I kind of had the feeling. Glad it worked out.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1