Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Clones
    #307950 - 11/01/09 08:22 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I've been reading around about clones and have also tried a few myself but have a few questions.

I use rootech when I make the cutting but what would be a good rooting liquid be to water them with?

Anything simple and cheap like superthrive or should I get some specilized rooting hormone to mix with the water.

I figured I might make a aeromister maybe but I just want to use small cubes and water right now to make it easy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offline81renaissance
Coachella '13 KKOTY
Male

Loc: State of Mind Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones [Re: DoPeYsMuRf]
    #307956 - 11/01/09 08:24 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

other than the rooting hormone you coat the cutting end in, you shouldn't need anything additional until the root system has formed.

--------------------
"So it goes."
-Kurt Vonnegut

BlueBerry_Swisher said:I want French fries. No, I want a penis French. Thank you. I'm so excited. I can not contain myself. Now I eat chocolate. It is so good. I'm trying to rub it all over myself. And then lick. Now I need a hot shower. The end.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

Re: Clones [Re: 81renaissance]
    #307970 - 11/01/09 08:34 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Yea just use ph adjusted water.And me personally next time try clonex rooting gel. I did a comparison which I should have made a journal out of, but with me clonex worked out the best.

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

#307984 - 11/01/09 08:51 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think my problem before was I didn't give the cut part of the stem enough water.

I just got done watching 1998 - The C of green - Outdoor Sea of green.

I now it seems like old videos but he clones 300 every 2 weeks and doesn't have any problems.

In the video he actually doesn't use the node at all. He just cuts and sticks it in the media.

He states that you should have half inch standing water at all times that the end of the stem is in so it can get water.

Every time I cloned something I just stuck in rockwool and misted. That's why I want to make a mister one day in the future.

Maybe I just haven't been leaving a half inch of water is all the problem I've been having.

I'll try to attach the video I'm talking about. It's extremely old. I found it on and old Cd I got over a decade ago...

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #308000 - 11/01/09 09:27 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

It might work.  Cloning is funny really.  In nature, you can experiment with cloning and find all sorts of things that work sometimes or for some people in some climates etc.  In theory you could simply cut a branch, stick it in dirt and water it, mist it etc and it will root and grow into a plant.  Or it could die.  But there are many things you can do to increase the chance of it living.

Old videos = old knowledge, not that it is bad, just old and often old info becomes myth and old wives tales, but sounds like the video guy had success with his method.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleDoPeYsMuRf

Re: Clones [Re: Azyle00]
    #308007 - 11/01/09 09:39 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

I think it's the original sea of green video. It's by a guy named Hans. I don't know if there's any oldschoolers out here have seen it?

I can't upload so no link. I couldn't even find it on you tube...
It was on a cd passed around when I was younger. With a bunch of different videos. The second edition of his sea of green he went outdoors.
He showed how to blend stuff into the enviroment so you can hardly notice it.
Pretty cool but shitty quality because it was so old.

The actual sea of green part was done in an old green trailer they gutted out and made a perpetual cycle.

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #308016 - 11/01/09 09:46 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Perpetual cycle...mmm...juicy.

I like the Jorges Cervantes DVD myself, very informative.

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Clones [Re: Azyle00]
    #308049 - 11/01/09 10:40 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Stick with the roottech. Has the highest amount of rooting hormone allowed. Not that it really maters it's not the gel but the method that is important.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds