Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineXxShibbyxX
Stranger
 User Gallery

homemade drip system
    #301899 - 10/22/09 04:22 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Hi everyone! So Ive been lurking for a while and I think its time to put my medicinal gift to use. I have everything ready for a homemade hydro system and im gonna be using a top feed system.

I pretty much know how everything works except the system I know I need a submersible water pump and air pump but is there any teks or someone who can explain how to make the system?

I was thinking of using rubbermaid roughneck conatiners for the trays and using about 8 or 9 12" pots for 1 1000W ballast and bulb setup. Is that to many plants or will they get to big for the 1 reflector and bulb? I wanna build as much of the system as possible because I dont believe in spending hundreds on pre-fabricated systems when I could cut the cost in half at least by building everything myself lol.

Anyways my main problem is Im not entirely sure how to set up the air pump and water pump in my future resivour for my top-feed system.

Thanks for any input! Hopefully I can get some pictures up soon.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineXxShibbyxX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: homemade drip system [Re: XxShibbyxX]
    #302107 - 10/22/09 10:04 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Ok so with a little more research Ive found out what I wanted and Ill be making my system sometime this weekend.

I went ahead and built an aeroponic cloner to see how I would do with this kind of fabrication. Anyways I followed one of the teks I found on here in the archive. Im not sure who wrote it I looked for a name but couldnt find one.

It works great I just have to drill out the holes on top tomorrow. I ended up buying 3" cups so I could only fit 15 on this lid. Nothing an extra lid with smaller cups wont fix :laugh:.

The misters look like they get everything!

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

Loc: CANADA
    #302734 - 10/23/09 07:16 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

That is a sweet cloner.  Planning to build one quite similar as this one as well.  What GPH is that pump?  396?  What timer will you use?

--------------------
"I never post unless high.  Well that does explain a lot then."

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Starting your first GROW, things you should ask/answer before you do

Current Grow Journal

OfflineXxShibbyxX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: homemade drip system [Re: Azyle00]
    #302883 - 10/24/09 03:42 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup it's the 396. I'll probably use a digital wall timer for it.

OfflineXxShibbyxX
Stranger
 User Gallery

#302885 - 10/24/09 03:49 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I also found out that the shop that sells the botinacare ebb and flow system I am using as a reference to build mine uses the same 396 gph which is very cheap. I'm excited that all I ever have to buy is nutrients and lighting systems it's much more efficient :-)

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#303008 - 10/24/09 12:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Get that baby fired up with some plants and post pics.  Are you going to build a Veg system next?  Then a Flower system?  There are great plans on the site for both...all using same tek as that one, with 396 GPH pumps...each module needs 1 pump.

--------------------

"The best part about going to sleep each night is knowing that my plants will have grown more when I wake up in the morning."

"I smoked it then I became so tired that my eyes shut down automatically without my consent" - My Chinese GF, Oct 23, 2009 :smile:

Current Grow Journal

OfflineXxShibbyxX
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: homemade drip system [Re: Azyle00]
    #303068 - 10/24/09 01:57 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yup! I plan on building about 2 or 3 systems one for veg and 2 for flowering so I can have continuous cycles :-).

I didnt know there were plans for a whole system also Ill be checking those out but I kinda have an idea for how I wanna build them!

OfflineAzyle00
Captain Canada
Male

#303086 - 10/24/09 02:34 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

In case you have not found it:

http://www.growery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/195142

That has the PDF plans etc etc for exactly what you are trying to do.

If and when I decide to do a setup like that (I am still a big fan of soil growing), these are the plans I will follow.

Hope it helps.

--------------------

Current Grow Journal

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag