Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineniteowlthethird
Stranger
transplanting to hempy bucket
    #287688 - 09/28/09 12:59 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quick question...

I have a seedling Iv'e grown in a mix of soil, vermiculite and perlite. Is it okay to transfer it to just vermiculite and perlite?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKine
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: niteowlthethird]
    #287694 - 09/28/09 01:08 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Sure but why?  I'd do Ocean Forest, Verm, Perlite.

Offlineniteowlthethird
Stranger
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: Kine]
    #287722 - 09/28/09 03:02 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

and thats okay as a hempy bucket?

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: niteowlthethird]
    #287739 - 09/28/09 08:41 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have soil seedlings transfered over to hempy buckets and they look wonderful.

--------------------

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #287742 - 09/28/09 08:43 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

oh and kine, because skipping the ocean forest changes it from a soil grow to a hydro grow, and speed and yield increase correspondingly

--------------------

OfflineKine
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #287848 - 09/28/09 02:38 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

How does it affect yield? I've understood how it can increase speed; to a point.  But im a big believer in to gain in one area you lose in another.  Unfoutuantly im un able to do my own growth experiments tho. 

To me Hydro increases speed due to nutrient uptake.  Its much much faster.  But you can lose flavor some times that way.

I've also been told "Soil takes to much room".  But to me; a 2liter bottle aint shit to grow a 3ft plant; mine did fine (coulda been better; but i wasnt the only one tending them).  I know they didnt have the root development they should for 3 footers; but like i said it wasnt just me; and they were allowed to stretch...

Its a debate i get into all the time.  I personally dont think its that big a diff... Soil vs Hydro.  i'd love to take two strains; same nutes; ect and do a hydro vs soil.  I'd also like to do full hydro vs part time hydro.  I think the timing from seed to fruit would only be at most 2 weeks apart; and i honestly dont think yeild would be affected much.  Especially cause SO many more things can be factored into yield; rather then just was it soil or hydro.

I've always used soil.  My friend swares by 1:2:2 ocean to verm and perlite.  He stabs the fuck out of the bucket every week to to mash up the roots and allow more air.  Would say he's a crazy fuck if i hadnt smoked some of his bomb chron...

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #287856 - 09/28/09 03:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kine said:
How does it affect yield? I've understood how it can increase speed; to a point.  But im a big believer in to gain in one area you lose in another. 

The yield is a direct response to the speed of growth. Think about it, if the strain takes exactly 8 weeks to flower, and your hydro one is growing twice as fast, then it will obviously yield twice as much. cannabis has a restricted growth period in the flowering stage, so yield is a direct byproduct of growth speed.

Speed in hydro increases because instead of the roots needing to seek out nutrients and water they are directly provided and always in full contact with the root area. Also, instead of the plant needing to pump solutes into different bodily cavities to alter the osmotic potential and increase the gradient for uptake, the hydroponic solution is constantly hyperosmotic, which further increases the potential nutrient uptake. and thirdly, instead of the macronutrients needing to be fixed by various soil microbiota they are provided in an instantly available form which means that when you feed, they eat immediately, not a couple days or weeks afterwards, such as with soil.

--------------------

OfflineOjom
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #288983 - 09/30/09 02:45 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Kine said:

I've always used soil.  My friend swares by 1:2:2 ocean to verm and perlite.  He stabs the fuck out of the bucket every week to to mash up the roots and allow more air.  Would say he's a crazy fuck if i hadnt smoked some of his bomb chron...

His mixture is mostly perlite and vermiculite. What kind of nutrients and watering method is he using?

OfflineKine
Re: transplanting to hempy bucket [Re: Ojom]
    #288988 - 09/30/09 03:25 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Foxfarm FTW. And as far as i know, hempy method watering.  I've only seen the outsides of the room; and go off what he's told me :laugh:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies