Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepftek
Stranger

First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no?
    #285158 - 09/23/09 12:21 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Get feminized seeds or no? Thinking there will be a need for a few males to make more seeds and being able stop using banks. Or does no one use seeds and just clone? Unlimited cloning?

Edited by pftek (09/23/09 12:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLucid
Monster Plant Creator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada-ish. Flag
Re: First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no? [Re: pftek]
    #285166 - 09/23/09 12:47 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Feminized seed is going to be much more expensive than regular seeds. Since this is your first grow I would start off with some bag seed if you have it, Otherwise buy some cheap seeds and see how your first grow turns out, If you feel you have grasped the concept then you can move on to feminized seeds.

And no, not everybody uses clones, and no cloning is not unlimited. the more times you clone a plant the more degradation will occur. You would need to use seed to produce new mothers every so many grow cycles if you wanted to use clones to supply your grow room.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no? [Re: Lucid]
    #285173 - 09/23/09 01:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Ok, the degradation thing is a old wives tale. Never has it been proven. Many of the major breeders, Sensi, THseeds, Soma, have mother genetics that are over 20 years old and are constantly replaced with clones of themselves.

There would be no OG Kush, No Trainwreck, Grandaddy Purple, and many more which are clone only strains.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Offlinemeatcakeman
You Have Heard of the Yetti
Male

#285187 - 09/23/09 01:31 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pftek said:
Get feminized seeds or no? Thinking there will be a need for a few males to make more seeds and being able stop using banks. Or does no one use seeds and just clone? Unlimited cloning?

Yup. Feminized seeds are the way to go. Buy a 5 pack from Greenhouse. They have some that are even in the $20-30 range; Church, The Doctor, A.M.S.

I'd germinate them all. And during vegetative stage, whichever plant is the best, clone it. Flower all but the mother that you cloned. Then, just keep cloning that mother fucker 'til she drops dead.

--------------------
sǝıqɐq ɹɐʇ

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
Re: First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no? [Re: meatcakeman]
    #285190 - 09/23/09 01:36 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

is this your first grow?  if it's your first grow and you are on a limited budget with all your materials etc then I would also recommend bagseed for the first grow.  You can get a real decent product out of it and it wont cost you hundreds of $$$$ for only a few seeds.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #285199 - 09/23/09 01:44 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
is this your first grow?  if it's your first grow and you are on a limited budget with all your materials etc then I would also recommend bagseed for the first grow.  You can get a real decent product out of it and it wont cost you hundreds of $$$$ for only a few seeds.

Money isn't an issue. Just don't want to waste lots of time growing subpar performance. But I am worried about messing up and I probably will a few times.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #285205 - 09/23/09 01:51 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Well ultimately it's up to you.  Feminized seeds should do the trick for ya.  I've seen some amazing bagseed grows too.  How much are you going to put into this hobby?  Is this something that you will input your full effort to?  Planning out your grow area and getting all your equipment and materials ready.  Preparation is imperative.  If you feel you've got a good understanding of the growing process by all means get the genetics you want.

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlinepftek
Stranger

Re: First newbie grow should get feminized seeds? or no? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #285212 - 09/23/09 02:20 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

FurrowedBrow said:
Well ultimately it's up to you.  Feminized seeds should do the trick for ya.  I've seen some amazing bagseed grows too.  How much are you going to put into this hobby?  Is this something that you will input your full effort to?  Planning out your grow area and getting all your equipment and materials ready.  Preparation is imperative.  If you feel you've got a good understanding of the growing process by all means get the genetics you want.

Well as you can tell I still have a ton of research to do. But the seeds take awhile to get here. I plan to read, read, and read. Investment is going to be decent. Going to build a full grow room. With as much needed to keep smell 100% clean.

OfflineJeff Funk
 User Gallery

#286762 - 09/26/09 02:02 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

well if ordered from a bank, seeds om average for me take about 8 days until they reach my hands. So it really doesnt take that long. I say order yourself some good genes,

--------------------
@Str8dankgenetics

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   THCeeds Marijuana Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order