Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Loc: Flag
Valerian Herb
    #236341 - 06/04/09 09:57 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerian_(herb)

Quote:

Valerian is used for insomnia and other disorders and can be a useful alternative to benzodiazepinedrugs.[6][7][8][9]

In the United States Valerian is sold as a nutritional supplement. Therapeutic use has increased as dietary supplements have gained in popularity, especially after the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act was passed in 1994. This law allowed the distribution of many agents as over-the-counter supplements, and therefore allowed them to bypass the regulatory requirements of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).

Valerian is used against sleeping disorders, restlessness and anxiety, and as a muscle relaxant. Valerian often seems only to work when taken over longer periods (several weeks), though many users find that it takes effect immediately[citation needed]. Some studies have demonstrated that valerian extracts interact with the GABA and benzodiazepine receptors. Valerian is also used traditionally to treat gastrointestinal pain and irritable bowel syndrome. However, long term safety studies are missing. Valerian is sometimes recommended as a first-line treatment when benefit-risk analysis dictates. Valerian is often indicated as transition medication when discontinuing benzodiazepines.

Valerian has uses in herbal medicine as a sedative. The main current use of valerian is as a remedy for insomnia, with a recent meta-analysis providing some evidence of effectiveness.[10] It has been recommended[citation needed] for epilepsy but that is not supported by research (although valproic acid, an analogue of one of Valerian's constituents (valeric acid), is used as an anticonvulsant and mood-stabilizing drug). Valerian root generally does not lose effectiveness over time.

While shown to be an effective remedy for the reduction of anxiety, it has also been reported to cause agitation, headaches and night terrors in some individuals.[11] This may be due to the fact that some people lack a digestive conversion property necessary to effectively break down Valerian. One study found that valerian tends to sedate the agitated person and stimulate the fatigued person, bringing about a balancing effect on the system.[12]

Any experiences? I don't think erowid has anything on it....
If it does please copy and paste.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Valerian Herb [Re: spacemonkey69]
    #236344 - 06/04/09 10:11 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

I think i'm gonna go make some tea with it.

--------------------
[quote]
“You see this glass bong?” asks Achaan Chaa, the Thai meditation master. “For me this glass is already broken. I enjoy it; I smoke out of it. It holds my water admirably, sometimes even reflecting the sun in beautiful patterns. If I should tap it, it has a lovely ring to it. But when I put this glass bong on the shelf and the wind knocks it over or my elbow brushes it off the table and it falls to the ground and shatters, I say, ‘Of course.’ When I understand that the glass is already broken, every moment with it is precious.”[/quote]

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #236361 - 06/04/09 10:37 AM (14 years, 9 months ago)

it's awesome. My roomies and I swear by it on those nights where you just want to relax without any booze or weed (not very often :lol:)

it's great stuff though, muscle aches etc just melt away

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Valerian Herb [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #236425 - 06/04/09 02:31 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

What's an average dose for you gentlemen?

--------------------
[quote]

InvisibleHarry_Ba11sachM
cannoisseur
 User Gallery

Loc: Nepal Flag
    #236433 - 06/04/09 03:02 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

we just buy capsules filled with powdered root, and 3 is usually a decent time for me. One of my friends is REALLY sensitive and 1 pill is like a 1mg xanax for him, fucks his ass up. My other roomie  took 14 one night and was still fine. It's a pretty safe pill

--------------------

Offlinespacemonkey69
Trusted Vaporizer

Re: Valerian Herb [Re: Harry_Ba11sach]
    #236435 - 06/04/09 03:06 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

Thats what i have,

Except every pill is 500mg i think im gonna take like 6.

--------------------
[quote]

Offlinetlc
medicated
Female

Loc: Washington
    #236457 - 06/04/09 03:59 PM (14 years, 9 months ago)

It tastes how it smells(like foot)a lot of people put in some honey or mint when making as a tea. I find it pretty effective in relaxing the mind and relieving some tension before I go to bed, it's a must have on the herb shelf if you ask me.
:thumbup:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Capsules   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds