Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDr. Awesome

advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations?
    #198521 - 02/21/09 06:55 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

i was wondering if anyone out there has experience with advanced nutrients, and using hydroponics.  im looking to make up a good nutrient solution for my first hydro grow, while not spending an arm and a leg.  im looking at keeping teh fertilizer costs below 150.00 for teh initial startup costs..  here is a link to what seems to be a complete kit form them at a good price.. 

http://www.progressive-growth.com/proddetail.php?prod=1000CMBOPK1

will this be sufficient?  and if someone has experience with advanced nutrients, i'd love to get some advice on mixing up a great nutrient solution. 

just like everyone else, i want healthy plants, and to produce some nice heavy colas :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: Dr. Awesome]
    #198622 - 02/22/09 01:47 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

I actually have purchased some advanced nutrients and it worked alright i didnt really use it much so i am not the best reference(i still ahve hydro veg and bloom ina cubbord :/). Now i am trying to be organic which id recommend you do, with some comfrey, kelp, and maybe alfalfa compost, or tea as fertilizer you can supply all the nutrients i am pretty sure.

Immagine you put into natural nutes they will be so fresh and so clean.

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #199543 - 02/24/09 01:19 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Go to the advanced nutrients site but the Canadian one. That one should have the info you are looking for. :thumbup:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: Magash]
    #200287 - 02/26/09 05:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

they do have a chart that shows what to use and how much when combining, but it doesnt seem to be customizable. i guess i can always email their support and get them to help me mix up some primo nutes for my babies.

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #200963 - 02/28/09 12:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #201032 - 02/28/09 04:54 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

yeah that's the one i was talking about.. unfortunately you cant just enter the nutes you have.  the only way that is really all that useful is if you purchase most or all of the different nutes from each set.

everything i have ordered isn't here yet so i still have time to come up with something.

OfflineFunWiThFunGuS

#201888 - 03/02/09 09:11 PM (15 years, 30 days ago)

I have always used General Hydroponics. Works fine for me. No nute taste if you flush. Its a combination Nute and comes in 3 different bottles that you combine according to its instructions or personal preference. Easy to fuck up but also easy to customize. The directions on the bottles are a good baseline. They run about 10-30$ a bottle depending on size and place you buy it. I dont know about using them in dirt if thats the case.

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: FunWiThFunGuS]
    #202325 - 03/03/09 03:27 PM (15 years, 29 days ago)

so i emailed their support, and the basically told me that you can just ignore the nutes on the list if you don't have them, and use the same amounts of the other nutes you do have when mixing up your solution.  just find the appropriate nutrient base form the pull down menu, so in this case : grow-micro-bloom

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

#208670 - 03/25/09 11:43 AM (15 years, 7 days ago)

i think a lot of people dislike AN, i personally used them without trouble (only in veg, once) but just found them to be annoyingly expensive. other people have reported more serious issues though.

i personally have tried botanicare triflex, AN, and GH flora.  i like GH and its pretty simple to use.  if you are going with regular hydro (e&f, DWC, etc) you can use something called the lucas formula, which i believe is something like 5micro/10bloom during veg and 8micro/16bloom during flower. 

if this is your first grow i highly recommend doing handwatered coco.  it's my favorite so far and after having tried a bunch of methods in veg, it grows the fastest.  it is my only fully flowered and finished crop to date but most people seem to be happy with it compared to others.

the feed schedule i used in coco with my tap water was (these are all in ml per gallon) 6micro/9bloom until week 4-5 of flower, 9bloom only until week 7, and then pure water for a week.  its pretty fool proof and you only need two bottles that are $12 and $15 respectively.

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #211911 - 04/03/09 06:24 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

If its your first grow i agree with Masterherbalist, start out with organic soil to learn growing and then move onto hydro down the line. The reason i suggest this is because Hydro is very PH dependant and if you don't have a really good PH meter your most likley gonna grow crap. Also advance nutrients are bullshit, stick to GH with lucas formula(8ml micro/16ml bloom or 8ml Floranova Bloom) nothing is cheaper and works better

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #211932 - 04/03/09 09:47 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

this isn't my first grow.  already have experience growing in soil and have decided to give hydro a try.  i already purchased advanced nutrients fertilizers,  grow-micro-bloom, as well as fulvic acid, bug bud liquid, and carbo load.  it's all guaranteed or my money back, and since i already paid for it, i might as well give it a try.  i will just be sure to give the plants a good week or 2 of flushing at the end of flowering to make sure they are nice and clean.  i have a digital pH meter that is permanently in the reservior, and has a display mounted on the outside so i can always know the pH of my solution at a glace. 

i am a fairly new member of the community, but that doesn't mean one should assume i have no grow experience. this is not my first grow, it is just my first hydro grow.

i will definitely be posting a grow log once i get some clones from my mother plant going.  should be ready to take clones in a week or 2, and for the record, the mother is growing super fast in soil with the advanced nutrients solution.  faster than any of my previous grows, so speaking form personal experience thus far, i would say Advanced nutrients are far from bullshit.  i cant say one way or the other if they are the best, or for that matter what is the best, but its definitely not bad stuff.

OfflineAndre Nickatina
Smoov like water

#211938 - 04/03/09 10:14 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

Don't get me wrong advance nutrients will work but its just a GH ripoff with a price markup, if you can i would return the Grow as its not needed.

OfflineDr. Awesome

Re: advanced nutrients and hydroponics recommendations? [Re: Andre Nickatina]
    #211942 - 04/03/09 10:23 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

i'll wait to see how it is, and maybe try GH next. if im not happy with it, i'll return teh unused portion.

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #212224 - 04/04/09 05:20 PM (14 years, 11 months ago)

I have tried a ton of different ferts over the years. I used to be a devote fan of the GH FloraNova line but the instability of the fert (they become useless if they get too hot or freeze) and the severe mag deficiencies I got caused me to look elsewhere. I am now using most of the AN line (Grow-Micro-Bloom-Jumpstart-Voodoo juice, bud blood, overdrive, b-52, h2, f1, mother earth tea, and sensyzyme) and have been having fantastic results. I didn't lose my cotyledons until the third week of flower! I have never gotten such a fantastic response from my fert before. I have changed nothing other than fert from my last FloraNova grow so for me, its made a convert.

All that said, AN has a few things going against it, number one being the price. I got my set free from a friend who was moving out of country so I was lucky, I would never have bought all of them just to try them out. I also don't like the fact that there are ~500 additives and gimmick bottles that don't tell you what exactly is in them or what they are doing... (I don't think I will use bud blood again for this reason.)

Another thing AN had going for it is that they are the only company to have publicly stated that they test, and develop their product for marijuana cultivation. (Not that other companies don't, they just aren't so open about it.) Being a plant science major, I know the benefit that can come from a specially calibrated fertilizer and support AN for openly stating that their fert is pro pot.

Anyway, long ramble... I think you will love the AN line Dr. and I can't wait to see what you produce with them.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag