Home | Community | Message Board

Royal Queen Seeds Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshpongled
Stranger

Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur
    #312832 - 11/08/09 10:52 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

This is more of an inquisitive question then a practical one. I am curious if anyone has any experience with this particular line of nutes. I have never grown weed before but have lots of general farming and gardening experience. I don't see how any line of nutes can be magic. The marketing looks good and the specific type of "gardener" who purchases their products would be more willing to spend the extra cash for that extra boost.

If the results are there I would be willing to buy it when I start my own garden but any experiences are welcome.

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (11/09/09 08:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshpongled
Stranger

Re: Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur [Re: shpongled]
    #312853 - 11/08/09 11:10 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have a quick side note along the same line. Do any of use use the various flushing products available or is pure water still king. Specifically it would be nice to know if the products could be used with something like coir or other passive hydro systems.

InvisibleHawksresurrection
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #312866 - 11/08/09 11:17 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

So I've never used Advanced Nute before.  That being said, I have heard that they are a bit finicky but the results were good.  I personally use Bio Bizz nutrient line and love it.

I don't use any product to flush my plants, just a pH balanced low nutrient solution.  Great results with that, I don't think that there's a need to spend money on those products.

--------------------
Dude she isn't as young as she use to be.

-niteowl

OfflineTomCollins

Re: Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur [Re: Hawksresurrection]
    #313026 - 11/09/09 08:40 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I use their "Big Bud" nutrient, but that's just a supplementary nute. Seems to work alright. Then again, I've never grown without it so I can't really speak for it.

For flushing I just use water, though some people speak very highly of flushing solutions. Both work fine.

--------------------
andyistic said:
Ok so let me bring you idiots up to speed.
The admins are tired of this shitfest being made the joke of the weed community on the Internet.

Edited by TomCollins (11/09/09 08:57 AM)

InvisibleDr. SiekadellykM
Question Everything!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ketamine Flag
    #313029 - 11/09/09 08:51 AM (14 years, 5 months ago)

please do not call it "the devils weed".

Quote:

I am curious if anyone has any experience with this particular line of nutes. ///If the results are there I would be willing to buy it when I start my own garden but any experiences are welcome

no i have not tried this line of nutes

Quote:

Do any of use use the various flushing products available or is pure water still king.

ive always used water...:shrug:

--------------------
The Kratom Report...

Edited by Dr. Siekadellyk (11/09/09 08:57 AM)

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #313235 - 11/09/09 06:01 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I used it last year.

Thankfully I didn't get one of those faulty batches that kill your plants.

In my opinion it's overpriced and not really innovative. Use floranova or the flora series from General Hydroponics and a bloom booster like KoolBloom or Big Bud and you'll be golden for less money. PureBlendPro + Cal/Mag + Hydroplex is another more organic  option too. If you like AN use their Sensi (3part?)+ Big Bud and it will be similar.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

Offlineshpongled
Stranger

Re: Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur [Re: captain.koons]
    #313281 - 11/09/09 07:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks for all of the great info. I know that nute selection is a very personal and sometimes heavily debated subject. Im always wary of products that claim to be so much better then anything else on the market. This is especially true in an industry like fertilizers where the science is relatively simple and well studied.

So it seems that bloom boosters actually do have an effect. I would not have thought that the results would be significant. I just thought that if you were feeding the plants a decent bloom phase nutrient that supplementation would not be necessary. :confused:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
    #313295 - 11/09/09 07:54 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

all a bloom booster does is target the needs of the plant during flowering... late flowering

where u need more K... early flower more P.

very simple to target with kool bloom, floranova or flora.

start with micro + bloom @ 8/16 or a similar rate or use floranova at 8 ml a gal or so... start with kool bloom liquid at 0-10-10 then finish with the powder which has more K but some nitrogen.

DO NOT drop nitrogen or phosphorus completely when applying potassium. dont even do ridiculous rates.

I like calmag, gh flora (trying nova now), koolbloom.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #313303 - 11/09/09 08:21 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

As far as fluching goes no product is needed although I myself do use flora kleen. I like to fluch for about a week. First few days plain water. Then a few days with the flora kleen. Then finish up  with plain water, The reason I do it is the flora kleen removes build up on the hoses and crap like the hydroton which makes cleaning it between batches way easier.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Invisiblecaptain.koons
Failed Botanist
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Advanced Nutrients Connoisseur [Re: Magash]
    #313309 - 11/09/09 08:26 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I heard you only need 2-3days flush when you use clearex and similar products. 1-2days clearex 1 day water.

--------------------

TROLLS NEED LOVE TOO!

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #313366 - 11/09/09 09:07 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I heard you only need 2-3days flush when you use clearex and similar products. 1-2days clearex 1 day water.

For the system yeah but the plant itself is gonna take longer then that to use up it's stored nutrients. Shit the week I give em isn't enough but long enough for me I guess.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom