Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedoulovebeef
handling BHO
    #195155 - 02/12/09 05:18 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

before i begin, id like to say greetings to all! i have been a shroomerite for some years now, and have had much success in the field of Mycology thanks to all the great peeps over there at the shroomery.

ive been reading quite abit over here at the growery, but ive only known if its existence for a handful of months now. as for my question - ive made quite abit of BHO, but ive always had a problem with storing the stuff, i found that loading it into a sterile 10cc syringe helps, but it can get clumsy.. i was wondering if there was a way to say, solidifying it until you apply heat. im asking because i smoke it out of a pyrex (like one would do to smoke meth, but i dont touch the stuff) transfering the oil can get messy if your fuckin stoned. any ideas?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNobodyImportant
Science Is Subculture
Male User Gallery

Loc: Jawjuh.
Re: handling BHO [Re: doulovebeef]
    #195176 - 02/12/09 05:52 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

freeze it

--------------------
:bonghit:
Glass By: US Tubes, ZOB, Roor.de, Sheldon Black, Jerome Baker, Medicali, Kennaroo, Sand, Alex K, Local and Unknown Artists

Offlinefear.loathingSF
One toke over the line

Re: handling BHO [Re: NobodyImportant]
    #195196 - 02/12/09 06:13 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Scoop some up on a needle, hold it above the hole in the pipe, and then slowly put a flame above the oil.  It should heat up enough so that the oil drips off of the needle, but not so much that there is any smoke at all.  There is minimal residue on the needle as well.  I smoke a lot of different types of oily concentrates from the dispensaries and this is my preffered method so far.

Offlinedoulovebeef

Re: handling BHO [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #195242 - 02/12/09 07:19 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

thanks guys!

question on freezing: would dry ice make a difference? i thought maybe sublimation would remove the remaining water residue?

Offlinetrichome
THC
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #195353 - 02/12/09 10:10 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

My buddy made some BHO and it came out as an amber solid.  Looked beautiful and smoked great.  But it was rock solid.  If you held it between your fingers for a second it would melt into everlasting stickiness.  I don't think he did anything special to it, might have frozen it, I'm not sure.
I can't wait to make some of my own!  That stuff is the shit!

--------------------
:baggy::arabs::baggy:

Offline42047

Re: handling BHO [Re: fear.loathingSF]
    #195946 - 02/14/09 04:01 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fear.loathingSF said:
Scoop some up on a needle, hold it above the hole in the pipe, and then slowly put a flame above the oil.  It should heat up enough so that the oil drips off of the needle, but not so much that there is any smoke at all.  There is minimal residue on the needle as well.  I smoke a lot of different types of oily concentrates from the dispensaries and this is my preffered method so far.

this is the best way ive found.

then when you get down to an empty glass vial and you cant get any more out, use a pair of small jewelry clamps get a straw and just vape the oil straight out of the vial.

--------------------

notapillow said:
have fun

and remember...
your a beautifuly scummy selfish wreck of an ego stuck to a rock twirling around in an incomprihensible land of chaos

explore

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: handling BHO [Re: 42047]
    #199567 - 02/24/09 08:38 AM (15 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone have any good methods to handle Honey Oil when you are making the stuff? I can never get all of it from my collection dish to my vial. Recently I have been dissolving what I can't get off with alcohol and evaporating it from the vial but it takes ages. Anyone have any better ideas?

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

OfflineMasterHerbalist
MH:Jahsun
Male User Gallery

Loc: middle a
Re: handling BHO [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #199717 - 02/24/09 08:06 PM (15 years, 1 month ago)

if you use alcohol to remove and colelct it you can heat it to like 90 or 100 and it will evaportae quicker also if you give it more fresh air movement also. otherwise idk.

Invisibleniteowl
GrandPaw
Male User Gallery

Re: handling BHO [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #486850 - 10/11/10 03:57 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Dr. Penguin said:
Anyone have any good methods to handle Honey Oil when you are making the stuff? I can never get all of it from my collection dish to my vial. Recently I have been dissolving what I can't get off with alcohol and evaporating it from the vial but it takes ages. Anyone have any better ideas?

What I do is, after the butane has evaporated off. I use a bit of 91% ISO to dissolve the THC again then pour it onto a big piece of glass. Once dry, its much easier to scrape off the glass. Then I just use a straightened paper clip to scrape a bit from the razor. Take a lighter to the wire, to heat up the oil, and drip it wherever you want  :yesnod:

--------------------
The Ego is a pathological condition
like a calcareous tumor or cyst
that begins growing in the personality
in the absence of hallucinogenic substances
-Terence McKenna-

OfflinePsuper
حشيش حشّاشين
 User Gallery

Loc: Left Coast
Re: handling BHO [Re: niteowl]
    #486908 - 10/11/10 11:52 AM (13 years, 5 months ago)

Handle BHO with heated tools, as mentioned above.

NEVER heat a standard glass container with BHO in it, it will crack.  I've seen someone crack a small jar doing this that had about 9grams in it, right on a table in front of me. 

I clean up with %91 isopropyl and scrub clean with a finger or two (I wear nitrile or latex gloves to make this easier).  This iso gets poured into a tiny pyrex bowl to evaporate down.  Any cleaning I do beyond that is just in the sink to get the dish washed.

I don't enjoy BHO that is runny and thin, or any that is dark green or brown.  A golden-fluffy goo of trichomey wonderfulness is what you want to have.

When drying/evaporating give the dish some hours to sit out, EVEN if you are using a heat gun to assist in drying.  Running a heat-gun on the bottom of the dish instead of on the evaporating butane helps. 
**I don't have a good scientific point to defend this advice, but I've just seen slightly better results by letting the BHO sit for a half or a full day while still utilizing either a hot/warm-water bath or gentle heating of the dish with a heatgun.

You can get a somewhat of the nice "hashy taste" with the best BHO, but it is never as good tasting as proper ice-hash or dry-sieve.

Some glass shops, headshops, pipe boutiques, et cetera, sell glass tubes that are made just for BHO extractions :potleaf:.  They are often not on display and are sold under-the-table.  On one end of the tube the glss is shaped to accept the butane nozzle; on the other the glass is just open-- on larger tubes you fasten a mesh screen with a little metal strap from the hardware store, on the smaller tubes you can just slide one of those "screen buddies" that folks stick on the inhaling-ends of small glass pipes on as the filter for your oil.
**Wear a protective glove/oven mitt on the hand holding the tube and wear safety goggles while doing this!

--------------------
Shroomery.org

Invisibledoublehelix
Bodhisativa

#497676 - 11/13/10 10:49 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

:awesomenod:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag