Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineall1111
Growing with a Card
    #194614 - 02/11/09 12:53 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Does anyone here grow with a medicinal marijuana card? I'm pretty sure that it's legal to grow your own and sell to other medicinal marijuana card holders, and I'm wondering where the safest and most profitable place is to do this. Just to throw some places out there:

California - "Oaksterdam"
California - other areas outside of major cities? college towns?
Oregon - Portland
Oregon - other
Washington
Nevada - Las Vegas
New Mexico
many more
Vancouver, BC ? Though I think it is technically illegal?

Ideally, I would want to become as legitimate as possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMistaUNGA
green crack GREEN CRACK!!
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Kalifornien, im Süden...
Re: Growing with a Card [Re: all1111]
    #194616 - 02/11/09 12:58 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

well u gotta have ur card in whatever state you're growing in, as long as that's legal

so as a california patient, i'm only allowed to grow inside of CA
also, distributing medicine can be a touchy subject. you can't make "profit" per se, but you are allowed to cover expenses such as overhead and salary yourself, at least in CA

--------------------
I'm an electric smoker :gc:

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

Offlinepong
Male User Gallery

Re: Growing with a Card [Re: MistaUNGA]
    #194690 - 02/11/09 11:10 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

please elaborate on the money issues please.

like if i harvest my 6 plants and end up with a half pound i wont need.  what is legally doable?

cardholder of course.

--------------------
MARIJUANNNANNANNNANNNANNNANNANNANNNNNANANANAAAAAAAAA!!!!

MY GROW

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Growing with a Card [Re: pong]
    #194701 - 02/11/09 11:39 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

well you can grow personally, or collectively.
so if you're growing for other people, they can reimburse your expenses, such as supplies, overhead, your salary, etc

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:
If everyone could do mushroom, yes, it would be a wonderful world. This will never be, only some can do mushrooms. It is the responsibility of those of us who see the world most clearly to pass the clarity on to those who cannot bare to wear our lenses.

Madtowntripper said:Or just give her a cloroform soaked rag and tell her it's ether!

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#194878 - 02/11/09 09:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

just keep electric bills, equipment receipts, and don't pay yourself anything dumb or lumpsums. make up an hourly rate and use that on an average workweek that spikes in hours every 45ish days. There is no reason you can't get a little rent n beer money out of it. Just not ideal as a sole income means. Or if you are doing that get a lot more people to list you as their caregiver.

Offlineall1111
Re: Growing with a Card [Re: ezKiel]
    #194963 - 02/11/09 11:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

What if I wanted to become a commercial grower? Think official facility supplying medical marijuana users. Non-profit organization. Along those lines.

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#194972 - 02/11/09 11:41 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Than you would likely keep your growing area a seperate entity from the dispensary. or import all together.

than fill out the required forms and get the required approval to distribute medical weed.

once you have an operating licence than take care of the paperwork on the grow side

sell to your dispensary business (get incorporated!) from your growing side (so you are a freelancer) paying only the hours spent tending and preparing the plants, costs of operation, all above board. like you are expecting to go to court to prove you were running legit (so you will need documentation etc)...

anyways thats the gist I think.

Your laws may be different I am not a lawyer etc etc

Offlineall1111
Re: Growing with a Card [Re: ezKiel]
    #195003 - 02/12/09 01:29 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ezKiel said:
Than you would likely keep your growing area a seperate entity from the dispensary. or import all together.

than fill out the required forms and get the required approval to distribute medical weed.

once you have an operating licence than take care of the paperwork on the grow side

sell to your dispensary business (get incorporated!) from your growing side (so you are a freelancer) paying only the hours spent tending and preparing the plants, costs of operation, all above board. like you are expecting to go to court to prove you were running legit (so you will need documentation etc)...

anyways thats the gist I think.

Your laws may be different I am not a lawyer etc etc

I'm assuming you're in CA? I don't think I would want to open a dispensary, I would only be looking at cultivation. How do dispensaries get supplied? Is there some way to grow medical marijuana legally for the sole purpose of supplying government (and respectable private) dispensaries?

OfflineezKiel
All About the Haze
Male User Gallery

#195006 - 02/12/09 01:37 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

no im not in CA but have interest in what going on there.

and from what I understand dispensaries buying stock is still not properly set up

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #195052 - 02/12/09 09:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

here is all you need to know to operate a dispensary or grow enough pot to: SB 420 EXEMPTION.

as it is written, prop 215 does not have any limits to how much a patient can possess or grow. in 2003, the CA state senate passed sb 420 which put the limits on that we're familiar with today.

however, you can have your doctor exempt you from this by saying that you need more than the limit (a provision of the law), and get those limits waived. then you can basically have as much as you want.

for growing though, you should still def get as many patients as possible to designate you as a caregiver.

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

OfflineCoaster
I'm Back Baby
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sativa Central Flag
    #195097 - 02/12/09 01:29 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

i was growing with a card
then it turned out to be a male...
:dazedandconfused:

--------------------

OfflineMistaUNGA
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #195108 - 02/12/09 02:26 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

ownd.

--------------------

ExplosiveMango said:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds