Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips?
    #439372 - 06/29/10 04:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ok so i am planning to get my med card in two weeks or so. my medical condition that i plan to use marijuana to help is, insomnia and mild depression/anxiety. i really want the card and want to make sure that my visit will result with me leaving with the card.

i have been prescribed ambien for the insomnia and had some weird side effects so i still have a full bottle. i was also givin clonazapam for anxiety in the past but that was pretty much because i wanted benzos. should i bring the bottles and show the doc as proof?  i dont want him calling my real doc because my mom works in his office and i dont want her finding out she is a total narc.

when the doc gives you the card does it say your condition on it. because i dont want it to say insomnia when a cop pulls me over and i got a fatty in my mouth.

im kinda nervous about this i really could greatly benefit from it for its insomnia purposes. i want to almost guarantee that i walk out with the card

do you guys have any tips or advice that could help me in gaining the card. and also for the depression aspect what should i say. i have had some depression in the past. should i tell him that when i am feeling down smoking weed makes me feel better? because that doesnt sound too great

sorry for making this so long i appreciate your help and advice

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

Re: planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips? [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #439416 - 06/29/10 06:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Nope it doesn't say the condition on the card.

As far as getting the card I don't think anybody has been turned down, not in Cali anyway. :wink:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

Re: planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips? [Re: Magash]
    #439427 - 06/29/10 06:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

really ok i just dont want to go in and not get it im kinda nervous even i have a pretty solid case.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#439434 - 06/29/10 06:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I got mine cause I had a sore back 25 years ago. I have a friend who has one for a finger that gets sore once and a while. I wouldn't worry about it. :omgawesome:

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#439443 - 06/29/10 06:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ok thanks man. i aslo have a freind with no medical probs or anything he could use what would a good easy bs one be? and by the way that but in your avatar is quite mesmerizing.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

InvisibleMagashM
The Feminizer
 User Gallery

#439509 - 06/29/10 08:14 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Have your friend tell em he gets depressed when he runs out of pot. Having pot cures that. :crazymonkey:

--------------------

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #439524 - 06/29/10 08:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

that is a great one magash

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

Re: planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips? [Re: Kilroy]
    #439536 - 06/29/10 08:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i mean every one feels that.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#439575 - 06/29/10 10:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You don't need anything but money in california, about $40 for the rec and $200 for the mmic from the health dept
You don't need to really explain your condition to anyone but your mmj doctor..... and if you have a prescription for any medication that medical marijuana is prescribed you don't  have to say shit, just show them the pills and you're on your way. this is all you need to buy weed in cali.
As for other states I have no idea.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

Re: planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips? [Re: Steve Buscemi]
    #439644 - 06/29/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what is rec and mmic this is all new to me.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineKilroy
old stoner
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Cold as Hell Flag
    #439784 - 06/30/10 03:45 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Steve Buscemi is a great actor IMO. My friend said that if you do not have a doctor the dispensary will tell which one to go to, not sure if it true because he does not have a card himself. But what Steve has posted sounds like the stuff I have seen online about it, just a matter of money for the most part

--------------------
Just smoke a bowl and get over your self
We are human beings first everything else is second

You can not hold anything I post against me for I am delusional

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440117 - 06/30/10 06:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
what is rec and mmic this is all new to me.

Rec = Doctors recommendation (only thing you need to buy weed legally in Cali besides ID)
MMIC = Medical marijuana identification card (obtained from health department)

You need California ID and REC, to go to a dispensary.
MMIC is important to legally grow and avoid law enforcement, it legally protects you from anyone besides the FEDS..... who are now supposed to lay off patients.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440129 - 06/30/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

how do i get the mmic ? because i want to grow and avoid law nazi.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440136 - 06/30/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Go to the Health dept with your legit recommendation and $150-$300 depending on the county, fill out the forms, pay and wait for the card in the mail.
In California you must be 21 with state ID, real address, and real rec to get a MMIC, marijuana is legal and tolerated for medical use.
Here is the law:

California
Share This Page         
  decriminalized  medical  hemp
Details  About this report

Incarceration

Fine
Possession
28.5 g or less misdemeanor none $100
More than 28.5 g misdemeanor 6 months $500
28.5 g or less on school grounds while school open (over 18 yers old) misdemeanor 10 days $500
More than 28.5 g on school grounds while school open  (over 18 yers old) misdemeanor 6 months $500
Cultivation
Any amount (exception for patients or caregivers) felony 16 - 36 months none
Sale
Gift of less than 28.5 g misdemeanor none $100
Any amount felony
2 - 4 years
none
28.5 g or less by a minor misdemeanor none $250
Any amount to a minor over 14 years old felony 3 - 5 years none
Any amount to a minor under 14 years old (includes offering, inducing, distributing, or employing) felony
3 - 7 years
none
Miscellaneous (paraphernalia, license suspensions, drug tax stamps, etc...)
Any conviction of minor under 21 causes driver's license suspension for 1 year.
Details

Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana is not an arrestable offense.  As long as the offender can provide sufficient identification and promises to appear in court, the officer will not arrest the offender.  Upon conviction of the misdemeanor charge the offender is subject to a fine of $100.  Possession of greater than 28.5 grams is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500.

Proposition 36
The Substance Abuse and Crime Prevention Act passed by 61% in 2000

Possession of 28.5 grams or less of marijuana on school grounds when the school is open is punishable by up to 10 days in jail and a $500 fine.  Possession of greater than 28.5 grams or more of marijuana in a school zone is punishable by up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $500.

The cultivation or processing of any amount of marijuana is punishable by up to sixteen months in state prison.  There is an exception to the cultivation prohibition for patients or patients’ caregivers who possess or cultivate for personal use by the patient upon approval of a physician.

The laws regarding possession and cultivation of marijuana do not apply to patients or patients’ primary caregivers who possess or cultivate marijuana for the personal medical use of the patient, upon the recommendation or approval of a physician.

Selling marijuana in any amount is punishable by 2 – 4 years in the state prison.  Giving away less than 28.5 grams is a misdemeanor and is punishable by a fine of up to $100.

Sale of marijuana to a minor is punishable by 3 – 5 years in prison.

For anyone under the age of 21 convicted of any of the above offenses, the state may suspend the offender’s driver’s license for up to one year.

Possession of paraphernalia is a civil fine of $200-$300 for the first offense and goes up to $5,000-$6,000 for a fifth or subsequent violation within a five-year periood.

A breakdown of CA county and local medical marijuana guidelines is available here: http://www.safeaccessnow.net/countyguidelines.htm.

Decriminalization: The state has decriminalized marijuana to some degree. Typically, decriminalization means no prison time or criminal record for first-time possession of a small amount for personal consumption. The conduct is treated like a minor traffic violation.

Medical marijuana: This state has medical marijuana laws enacted. Modern research suggests that cannabis is a valuable aid in the treatment of a wide range of clinical applications. These include pain relief, nausea, spasticity, glaucoma, and movement disorders. Marijuana is also a powerful appetite stimulant and emerging research suggests that marijuana's medicinal properties may protect the body against some types of malignant tumors, and are neuroprotective. For more information see NORML's Medical Marijuana section.

Hemp: This state has an active hemp industry or has authorized research. Hemp is a distinct variety of the plant species cannabis sativa L. that contains minimal (less than 1%) amounts of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the primary psychoactive ingredient in marijuana. Various parts of the plant can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, clothing, plastics, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, animal feed, and other products. For more information see NORML's Industrial Use section.

Also see Federal Laws

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440140 - 06/30/10 08:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so you cant grow with a rec?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440144 - 06/30/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Not really. Without the actual MMIC your not really a medical marijuana patient in the state of California and can be arrested. You can also always be arrested by the DEA if you're growing due to federal law so you're really always at risk. Never tell anyone about a grow under any circumstance or personal relationship. Not  bad idea to have a lawyer either. All this might change as soon as November.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440151 - 06/30/10 08:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

what is in november? so if a cop finds weed on me and i have a card i can still be charged? how does this work? and you have to be 21 for mmic? so if i ever got poped for growing and whipped out my rec i would still be in trouble? some guy in my english class got popped for growing but he had his card they took allo of his grow stuff his weed and hash but then they gave it back. how is this happening? there seems like there is too manmny loop holes and flaws ?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440177 - 06/30/10 09:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The system is flawed and abused so people occasionally get arrested for the wrong reasons. November is the election in California where marijuana legalization is actually on the ballot and gaining massive support. Hash is a felony, whether or not you get arrested is up to the police officers mood that day. Once again the rec is not a for sure get out of jail free card, a MMIC isn't either but they don't hurt.

Offlineyellownotepad
Pharmaceutical Agriculturalist
 User Gallery

#440187 - 06/30/10 09:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
Not really. Without the actual MMIC your not really a medical marijuana patient in the state of California and can be arrested.

either you're misinformed, or law enforcement in your area is misinformed.

the MMIC is not required, and furthermore i would not recommend getting it.  on what planet would you voluntarily tell any government that you have that???  terrible fucking idea. 

your rec is all you need.  dont listen to steve buscemi.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

Re: planning on getting a med card. anyone got tips? [Re: yellownotepad]
    #440199 - 06/30/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

As much as I want to agree that you shouldn't trust the MMIC or any government official regarding medical marijuana........ I cant because of the thousands of growers in prison who can tell you how sometimes a recommendation doesn't hold up in a California court, but the MMIC will.
Federally everyone is breaking the law when growing any amount of marijuana so
:randy:

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440209 - 06/30/10 10:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i know about how feds dont respect state laws but how can the state do this? can you show an example of the state fucking over an rec?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440226 - 06/30/10 10:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
As much as I want to agree that you shouldn't trust the MMIC or any government official regarding medical marijuana........ I cant because of the thousands of growers in prison who can tell you how sometimes a recommendation doesn't hold up in a California court, but the MMIC will.
Federally everyone is breaking the law when growing any amount of marijuana so
:randy:

except the MMIC is based on your rec.  so i would be very surprised if what you say is correct and a legitimate MMIC is somehow of more use than a legitimate rec.

and you do realize that the legal standard is doctor's recommendation.  that is what it comes down to plain and simple.  the MMIC is a shoddy idea and one that is not necessary or prudent.  and if there are thousands of growers in jail who had a rec but not MMIC, PLEASE show me this.  and tell me why CANORML hasnt made a huge fuss about it?  i think you're spouting shit off and you don't actually know.  but hey i could be wrong i guess

Edited by yellownotepad (06/30/10 10:57 PM)

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440235 - 06/30/10 11:01 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i dont know who to believe right now im  kinda confused

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440254 - 06/30/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

They do it every day. They still shut down dispensaries and arrest the staff, police not not DEA.
1 example
2nd example
And these people not only possessed a MMIC they had permits to operate a dispensary which doesn't come easy or cheap to do legally.
Google the topic: Dispensary shut down for many other examples, these people were arrested for being in the wrong place at the wrong time...... that or they aren't paying off the right crooked bastards to work in that town without problems. Dispensaries get shut down for hundreds of reasons. patients also still get arrested for growing, all it takes is one concerned call from a neighbor about a smell and the door can get kicked in and if the grow house is in the system as a MMIC holder your house MIGHT not get raided. It's different in every other town, in mendo you can grow 10 trees in the yard, but in LA they are shutting down dispensaries left and right.
Hell if a cop is crooked enough he could walk into a dispensary then handcuff everyone and walk out with the entire stash without arresting anybody. it's called a shake down and it happens anywhere drugs and money flow. It's all about the money, you learn that from the red eyed smirking hipster behind the counter the first time you go into a dispensary.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440262 - 06/30/10 11:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

but im not talking about dispenseriesim talking private citizens. can normal cops arrest people with rec cards?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440264 - 06/30/10 11:33 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yes dude YESSSSSSSS. The rec does nothing but get you into the dispensary. COPS CAN ARREST ANYONE AT ANYTIME FOR ANYTHING!!!!

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440280 - 07/01/10 12:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
Yes dude YESSSSSSSS. The rec does nothing but get you into the dispensary. COPS CAN ARREST ANYONE AT ANYTIME FOR ANYTHING!!!!

yeah dude and i'm telling you that you're dead fucking wrong.  you see my avatar? you know what kind of notepad looks like that? does that give you an idea that i might have some knowledge here?

yes dispensaries get raided.  yes cops hassle mmj patients. my point is that MMIC card is not worth jack shit.  doctor's recommendation is the one and only thing that matters.  the way you get an MMIC card is WITH YOUR DOCTOR'S REC.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440282 - 07/01/10 12:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
They do it every day. They still shut down dispensaries and arrest the staff, police not not DEA.
1 example
2nd example
And these people not only possessed a MMIC they had permits to operate a dispensary which doesn't come easy or cheap to do legally.
Google the topic: Dispensary shut down for many other examples, these people were arrested for being in the wrong place at the wrong time...... that or they aren't paying off the right crooked bastards to work in that town without problems. Dispensaries get shut down for hundreds of reasons. patients also still get arrested for growing, all it takes is one concerned call from a neighbor about a smell and the door can get kicked in and if the grow house is in the system as a MMIC holder your house MIGHT not get raided. It's different in every other town, in mendo you can grow 10 trees in the yard, but in LA they are shutting down dispensaries left and right.
Hell if a cop is crooked enough he could walk into a dispensary then handcuff everyone and walk out with the entire stash without arresting anybody. it's called a shake down and it happens anywhere drugs and money flow. It's all about the money, you learn that from the red eyed smirking hipster behind the counter the first time you go into a dispensary.

:facepalm:  you just don't get it dude.  nothing you just posted has anything to do with the discussion at hand.  you keep trying to say that the average patient needs a MMIC and you're just wrong.  there's nothing more to it.  it is 100% unnecessary even according to the department of health and safety themselves.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440284 - 07/01/10 12:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
but im not talking about dispenseriesim talking private citizens. can normal cops arrest people with rec cards?

what it will really fall down to is the cops will do whatever they please, the rec will hopefully make them leave you alone but if they don't then you will have to deal with it in court where the rec should get it dismissed if you are within their guidelines.  if you are outside those guidelines you may still be ok but it wont be as easy.  ultimately the best thing to do is still be cautious and you're likely to avoid unnecessary hassle.  99% chance if you follow everyone's best advice on grow security and don't be sketchballin around, you can probably avoid even having to show a cop your rec.

OfflineMushr00m_Man
 User Gallery

#440285 - 07/01/10 12:28 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

not to sound dumb but i kinda want to. it would be cool to show a cop a card and he hands you back your weed and you walk away, isnt that every stoners dream?

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440286 - 07/01/10 12:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Mushr00m_Man said:
not to sound dumb but i kinda want to. it would be cool to show a cop a card and he hands you back your weed and you walk away, isnt that every stoners dream?

i've had a cop give me back my stuff after searching my car and finding it, and not finding my rec.  he gave me the "benefit of the doubt" without even seeing the rec :shrug:

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440306 - 07/01/10 01:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:
1 example
2nd example

:facepalm:  you just don't get it dude.  nothing you just posted has anything to do with the discussion at hand.  you keep trying to say that the average patient needs a MMIC and you're just wrong.  there's nothing more to it.  it is 100% unnecessary even according to the department of health and safety themselves.

Hey dingus learn to read. I'm saying the rec isn't worth wiping your ass with in court and the mmic wont help either if the cop sees fit.
Everything I stated is valid and correct by state law and had you taken the time to actually read what I wrote you'd have seen I posted the actual state law, you might disagree but it's still the law. So take your college ruled note pad and shove it up your ass sideways, you're clearly misinformed.
So I'll now reiterate:
rec = get out of jail free card
mmic = don't even go to jail card
At no time did I say everyone needs a mmic, I posted just the opposite clearly stating that it is just as worthless if the state of federal government wants the charges to stick.

Offlineyellownotepad
 User Gallery

#440310 - 07/01/10 01:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Steve Buscemi said:

Hey dingus learn to read. I'm saying the rec isn't worth wiping your ass with in court and the mmic wont help either if the cop sees fit.
Everything I stated is valid and correct by state law and had you taken the time to actually read what I wrote you'd have seen I posted the actual state law, you might disagree but it's still the law. So take your college ruled note pad and shove it up your ass sideways, you're clearly misinformed.
So I'll now reiterate:
rec = get out of jail free card
mmic = don't even go to jail card
At no time did I say everyone needs a mmic, I posted just the opposite clearly stating that it is just as worthless if the state of federal government wants the charges to stick.

without resorting to name calling, here's some of the law (SB420):

Quote:

(f) It shall not be necessary for a person to obtain an identification card in order to claim the protections of Section 11362.5.

if you get caught by a federal agent, or handed over to the feds, you are indeed fucked regardless of what you have.  but you need to realize that MMIC is just a secondary ID showing you have a rec.  and SB420 clearly states that officers can do whatever they want if they think the MMIC is possibly fake (aka they can say shit if they want to take you in).  there's no need to keep arguing, the important thing is to explain things properly to the newbie.

if you get a MMIC, it could bite you in the ass later in life because it is now on government paperwork. 

if you don't get a MMIC, you need to keep an original rec with you to avoid hassle.

OfflineSteve Buscemi

#440315 - 07/01/10 02:10 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

yellownotepad said:
the important thing is to explain things properly to the newbie.

if you get a MMIC, it could bite you in the ass later in life because it is now on government paperwork. 

if you don't get a MMIC, you need to keep an original rec with you to avoid hassle.

You have it backwards but have somehow still  managed to agree with everything I said then re-post it while still trying to claim I'm wrong. OF COURSE the mmic could bite you on the ass, anything involving mmj can land you in jail.
Here's how you actually do it:
CA ID with fake address
Use out of town mmj doc
Never give grow address on any mmj forms
Never use credit card at co-op
Never answer the door for the law make them kick it in, if they are knocking they don't have a warrant.
Always pay cash for everything in life.

Edited by Steve Buscemi (07/01/10 03:12 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order