Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineJohnny420

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: amoignum6]
    #185503 - 01/20/09 03:33 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I find the thing with CFL's is you know you can get them close so you keep buying another one to fill that little dark spot. Then you realise you could have bought a HPS with the money you've spent.

That's cool though man... i'm really lookin forward to the buds produced by that baby.

--------------------
:jah: :baggy: WE HIT THE TREES TILL WE LOOK VIETNAMESE :baggy: :jah:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Loc: A beach that dosnt quiver...
Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Johnny420]
    #186011 - 01/21/09 02:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

yeah I know.  The biggest reason I'm just sticking it out with cfl's for now is because I am moving to a place where I wont be able to grow at the end of Feb :sad:  Once I get another place I will be looking for HPS.  But for now I'm just working with what I have

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineJohnny420

#186051 - 01/21/09 07:09 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thats cool. I dunno what it is with HPS, but as soon as that baby comes round a grow just seem to go from "I was just fuckin about" to "I'm al capone and shit!"

bit sucky you can't grow again for a while. I've really enjoyed watching this one. If you do go for another set up later on it might be worth looking at DR Penguins clone tent. It's a sweet little thing made out of plastic tubes and tarp. The idea could easily be taken and built with stronger pipe for a grow/flower room. As long as it can support the weight of the light, etc..

--------------------
:jah: :baggy: WE HIT THE TREES TILL WE LOOK VIETNAMESE :baggy: :jah:

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Johnny420]
    #186617 - 01/22/09 05:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I really want to ramp up and do a big grow, but that just wont work for  a while.

I am going to try doing some bonsai plants, but they will be more of a hobby/art project with little to no budding.  They will be up here as i do them though.

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #189518 - 01/26/09 03:59 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Today is the three month mark for her!  So I took a few pics.

Pics 1 & 2:  The growing cola
Pic 3: Single dying leaf (visible in pic 4).  From nutrient change?:confused:
Pic 4: Whole plant
Pic 5: Top cola and back left top bud site
Pic 6: Took this right before watering.  You can easily see a root system in the water reservoir.
Pic 7: Well, remember that C clamp holding on the light bar?  Well the wood underneath is shrank and the clamp let go.  It landed on her.  It was resting on her when I checked on her within the first 5 minutes of her light cycle.  This is the remainder of the damage!  She survived quite well i think!

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #189669 - 01/26/09 02:30 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Bummer about the light. Other than that your plant is looking phenomenal. I hope she keeps swelling for you. :stoned:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies