Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Growery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Loc: A beach that dosnt quiver...
First plant. How am I doing
    #167248 - 12/22/08 06:06 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Hey all, first post.  I just want to know how my plant is doing and if it is ready for flowering yet.  It is about 8 weeks since sprouting.  I have been fertilizing it with a 20-20-20 fertilizer as recommended by the bottle.  I am using 3 100W fluorescent bulbs.

Any advice is good advice

Edited by amoignum6 (12/29/08 02:25 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineJohnny420

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: amoignum6]
    #167286 - 12/22/08 09:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

How tall is your box? if the plants got plenty of room to grow you could probably veg it for a bit longer. Most people flower at around 12" in small grows.

It looks very healthy and definitely looks mature. You can see the staggered nodes on the second picture.

IME, if you keep fluorescents close, plants don't seem to stretch too much when switched to flowering but that might be strain dependant. What strain are they? looks mostly indica so shouldn't stretch too much anyway so it all depends how big you want your plant.

--------------------
:jah: :baggy: WE HIT THE TREES TILL WE LOOK VIETNAMESE :baggy: :jah:

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Johnny420]
    #167356 - 12/22/08 03:24 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

The box dosnt have a top so it could grow as tall as possible.  I keep the lights around 6 inches from the plant.

As for the strain, i have no idea.  One of my buddies started it and gave it to me as a seedling when his mom found it.  I was just planning on learning with this one and getting some better seeds for the next grow.

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#167358 - 12/22/08 03:29 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

One more thing, Should i try to flush out any of the fertilizer before i switch to a 12/12?  And do I switch fertilizers at the same time as the light cycle, or will changing too much stress it?

--------------------
"For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command or faith or a dictum. I am my own God. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us. "
- Charles Bukowski

Offlinejohnnyblaze2316
mr.
Male
    #167366 - 12/22/08 04:08 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

switching nutes with the light cycle sounds good, as does flushing, flushing always sounds good if your using salt based nutes, but remember make sure your soil is high grade, to avoid getting waterlogged, also make sure the plant has presexed before inducing to flower. the only thing i see..........the white pot. i hope light isnt getting to the root zone, other than that it looks healthy, good job!:thumbup:

--------------------
CALIFORNIA PROP 215 MEDICINAL CANNABIS PATIENT!!!

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #167950 - 12/23/08 04:54 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I did notice the roots surfacing about 4 days ago, so i covered them with another thin layer of substrate.  Is that because of the pot?:confused:

Also, what is the best way to flush it?  Should I just water from the top and let it drain?

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineJohnny420

#167954 - 12/23/08 06:43 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Some people do a cross over period. So like you drop the strength of the grow nutes and do a mix of grow and bloom nutes for a couple of weeks around the time you switch the lights. Maybe before you switch if you want the plant to stock up on P before you whack it into flower, just watch you don't over do it.

I have a bio bizz chart that has a cross over of 2ml grow and 2ml bloom for 2 weeks for the first 2 weeks of flower, but each strain/grower prefers different techniques.

The roots surfacing might be from where you water the plant and it's pushing the soil out the way.

Yeah just pour the water from the top and let it drain through and down the drain or something. You want to flush with about 5 times the capacity of your pot. An easier way to judge is if the run off is clear you've probably flushed enough.

Like Johnnyblaze said as long as there is no light getting to the roots it'll be fine. The pot looks opaque so nothing should be getting through, you could always wrap it in a black bag or something if you wanted to be over cautious, but thats up to you.

Keep us updated though dude!

--------------------

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#167972 - 12/23/08 07:17 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

thanks for the help guys!  I will keep you posted.

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #168038 - 12/23/08 11:52 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

I have never flushed between veg and flower, never saw the need. I only flush when a toxicity or deficiency appears, and before harvest. No need to flush away valuable nutrients. I do like to mix my veg and bloom nutes when switching to flower; I go 50/50 with them for one week.

As far as when to flower, I would say now looks good. Florescent don't have much penetration power, if they get much taller, the lower leaves/buds won't get any light.

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: Dr. Penguin]
    #171518 - 12/28/08 02:47 AM (15 years, 3 months ago)

Well started the 12/12 today.  Gonna head to the grow shop this week for nutes.  So freakin excited!!!

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Offlinejohnnyblaze2316
mr.
Male
    #171605 - 12/28/08 01:32 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

clean water or mild nute solution, i dont think the roots surfacing are because of the pot, but put it inside of a black pot anyways,,,it probobly needs to be transplanted though thats why roots are surfacing

--------------------
CALIFORNIA PROP 215 MEDICINAL CANNABIS PATIENT!!!

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: johnnyblaze2316]
    #171806 - 12/28/08 07:02 PM (15 years, 3 months ago)

the pot is 6 quarts (i think).  Is it a size issue, or nute issue.

Also will it harm the plant to transplant now that it is on 12/12 or should i just stick it out and take it as a lesson for next time?

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#174852 - 01/04/09 12:03 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

One week into 12/12 and she still looks beautiful.  More and more excited with every day. :bouncysmoke:

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #175540 - 01/05/09 02:31 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

You got any pictures of her?  Good luck!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #176196 - 01/06/09 01:17 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

I will put some up tomorrow morning when i get home from work. :chaingang:

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

#176500 - 01/07/09 03:16 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

New pics.  Any advice? Concerns? Complaints?

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

OfflineJohnny420

#176525 - 01/07/09 07:23 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

First off that plant looks sick! It's like a mini tree. Also you're giving hope to all the ghetto growers out there. Who'd have thought a cardboard box and some tinfoil could produce such a nice plant! lol!

It's all looking good so far. A couple of the lower leaves (4th pic) look a little yellow, could be the camera though, but apart from that, :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleFurrowedBrowM
Free yourself from yourself
Male User Gallery

Loc: Carpal Tunnel
Trusted Cultivator
    #176912 - 01/07/09 06:56 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Looks great!  I love the symmetry of the plant.  That one looks like a bush man.  Good job working with what you have!

--------------------

Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies - Become a member!
The Growery's Herb Museum (post #24)
I prefer dangerous freedom to peaceful slavery.
~ Thomas Jefferson ~

Offlineamoignum6
Esquire
 User Gallery

Re: First plant. How am I doing [Re: FurrowedBrow]
    #177315 - 01/08/09 11:40 AM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks guys!  :dancer: It may be a ghetto grow, but damn is it working well!:grin:

--------------------
- Charles Bukowski

InvisibleDr. Penguin
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #177875 - 01/08/09 11:22 PM (15 years, 2 months ago)

Wow, ghetto ingenuity at it's finest. :thumbup:

--------------------
* My Cab
* How to Build a Grow Tent
* Fan Speed Control 101
* Easy Butane Extraction

Not responsible for advice not taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder